Why are some law-enforcement against the Second Amendment?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I.
    Am.
    Impressed.

No sarcasm here. I am genuinely impressed. You gents have all done an exemplary job here of remaining (mostly) civil and openminded, even when the conversation turned more than a bit personal. Greg, you particularly impress me with your ability to objectively view yourself and your actions and statements. It is a most uncommon thing to see someone's view come about 180' in the space of seven posts, over less than one hour.

I applaud you for admitting what you did. I almost took it as sarcasm, initially. Then I read the words again, and I see your apology. I am hopeful that your apology is not in any way for your beliefs, only for the way that you chose (past tense) to relay them to us. A person should never have to apologize for his/her belief in God, by whatever name He is known to that person. The hardest part about the religion arguments is that we, all of us, have our beliefs that to us are truths, and perhaps even absolutes, but that absolutism is still opinion, belief.... and beyond the realm of demonstrable fact. That is, after all, what makes it "faith". It is difficult to see someone else treading down what we believe to be the "wrong" road, and not offer aid to get him back to where we believe he needs to be to get where he wants to go. To put it in real, concrete terms, it is possible to drive from Indy to Louisville via St. Louis. It's not direct, and it takes much longer to get there that way, but it is possible. Maybe the guy that's on the "wrong" road needs to see the Gateway Arch for some reason. Maybe there's someone he needs to meet on that road that if he goes what you believe to be the "right" way, he will miss that meeting.

Keep to your beliefs (not that you need me to tell you to do that; you will anyway, and good for you!) And given the change I saw, I hope you stay here with us. That goes for anyone and everyone who has an opinion and can maintain it while still respecting that others' opinions, beliefs, and faith are not wrong just because they are different.

Blessings,
    Bill

Yessir, I`m very sincere with my apology. I`m embarrassed to say, but I have been quite a jerk in several instances. At times, I forget temperance, and I apologize. And yeah, I deserve any grief I get, and I know it`s coming, but it`s ok. Maybe I won`t embarrass myself again...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yessir, I`m very sincere with my apology. I`m embarrassed to say, but I have been quite a jerk in several instances. At times, I forget temperance, and I apologize. And yeah, I deserve any grief I get, and I know it`s coming, but it`s ok. Maybe I won`t embarrass myself again...

Nah. We all do it.
    Move on.
    And learn.

I try to.
    And fail.
    And try again.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

:yesway: Glad you're staying.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    16711601_1318206158272837_6726257221636853336_n.jpg

Top Bottom