Why are some law-enforcement against the Second Amendment?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    From your signature line: If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Needing a thick skin is an understatement. I`ve received a couple PM`s from a few who feel like they get beat up here for having a different opinion than the primary contributors. I certainly have strong opinions, and yeah, feel like I`m correct in them, but I get the feeling there are quite a few who`ve been chased off because they felt like it just wasn`t worth the cost of hanging around when they feel beat down. I`m about to do you guys a great big favor a vamoose myself. Save the celebration until I`m gone please.

Sorry that you feel that way. I appreciated having you on INGO over the last year - I really have. It's good to have Christian patriots here. However, it seems there's an ongoing issue with accepting other people's opinions and admitting you might not be absolutely right on everything... in other words, humility.

Stay or go... just don't accuse us of running you off - because you happen to be the one telling everyone else that they are wrong.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Sorry that you feel that way. I appreciated having you on INGO over the last year - I really have. It's good to have Christian patriots here. However, it seems there's an ongoing issue with accepting other people's opinions and admitting you might not be absolutely right on everything... in other words, humility.

Stay or go... just don't accuse us of running you off - because you happen to be the one telling everyone else that they are wrong.

Ok, fair enough. I`m highly opinionated, and feel very firmly about the things I stand for. My bad for being so stubborn and loud. I guess I see where I`ve been overboard. I`m seriously sorry for that.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Guys, over the history of "gun control" the brass hats of the police establishment have historically sided with the pro-control side.

The key is to understand where this pro-control sentiment comes from. Once we understand why the chiefs are holding their positions we can understand how to counter their arguments.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Guys, over the history of "gun control" the brass hats of the police establishment have historically sided with the pro-control side.

The key is to understand where this pro-control sentiment comes from. Once we understand why the chiefs are holding their positions we can understand how to counter their arguments.

That might work if they actually had arguments rather than excuses.

The excuses serve only to advance and maintain the State monopoly of force.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Aren't the arguments sort of public? I'm not saying we shouldn't understand why. But pointing out false assumptions and fears that don't follow, in a way that people can understand, seems like a reasonable way to proceed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    From your signature line: If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Needing a thick skin is an understatement. I`ve received a couple PM`s from a few who feel like they get beat up here for having a different opinion than the primary contributors. I certainly have strong opinions, and yeah, feel like I`m correct in them, but I get the feeling there are quite a few who`ve been chased off because they felt like it just wasn`t worth the cost of hanging around when they feel beat down. I`m about to do you guys a great big favor and vamoose myself. Save the celebration until I`m gone please.

Offending can be a two way street.

The way I figure it, INGO discussions do not affect my home, my job, or my recreation.

And after discussions in the house I grew up, the Navy, and the steel mill, these are mostly tame.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Generally speaking, if one does not want to be disagreed with they should state no opinions. State an opinion and someone is going to disagree. Claiming that no one could possobly disagree doesn't keep it from happening.

We have discussions here. It's what we do.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I.
    Am.
    Impressed.

No sarcasm here. I am genuinely impressed. You gents have all done an exemplary job here of remaining (mostly) civil and openminded, even when the conversation turned more than a bit personal. Greg, you particularly impress me with your ability to objectively view yourself and your actions and statements. It is a most uncommon thing to see someone's view come about 180' in the space of seven posts, over less than one hour.

I applaud you for admitting what you did. I almost took it as sarcasm, initially. Then I read the words again, and I see your apology. I am hopeful that your apology is not in any way for your beliefs, only for the way that you chose (past tense) to relay them to us. A person should never have to apologize for his/her belief in God, by whatever name He is known to that person. The hardest part about the religion arguments is that we, all of us, have our beliefs that to us are truths, and perhaps even absolutes, but that absolutism is still opinion, belief.... and beyond the realm of demonstrable fact. That is, after all, what makes it "faith". It is difficult to see someone else treading down what we believe to be the "wrong" road, and not offer aid to get him back to where we believe he needs to be to get where he wants to go. To put it in real, concrete terms, it is possible to drive from Indy to Louisville via St. Louis. It's not direct, and it takes much longer to get there that way, but it is possible. Maybe the guy that's on the "wrong" road needs to see the Gateway Arch for some reason. Maybe there's someone he needs to meet on that road that if he goes what you believe to be the "right" way, he will miss that meeting.

Keep to your beliefs (not that you need me to tell you to do that; you will anyway, and good for you!) And given the change I saw, I hope you stay here with us. That goes for anyone and everyone who has an opinion and can maintain it while still respecting that others' opinions, beliefs, and faith are not wrong just because they are different.

Blessings,
    Bill

Needing a thick skin is an understatement. I`ve received a couple PM`s from a few who feel like they get beat up here for having a different opinion than the primary contributors. I certainly have strong opinions, and yeah, feel like I`m correct in them, but I get the feeling there are quite a few who`ve been chased off because they felt like it just wasn`t worth the cost of hanging around when they feel beat down. I`m about to do you guys a great big favor and vamoose myself. Save the celebration until I`m gone please.

What is the truth? There are facts, and there are opinions. Facts are things that are already true. Opinions, aren't necessarily true or false. I suppose it's noble to believe that your opinions are true, but you've not demonstrated that they are anything more than your opinions. You're not being persecuted for telling the truth. I'm just not going to give you martyr points for "standing up for truth!". But it's fine if you stand up for your opinion. I do that too. Just admit that they're opinions.

Fair enough.

Fair enough.

Ok, fair enough. I`m highly opinionated, and feel very firmly about the things I stand for. My bad for being so stubborn and loud. I guess I see where I`ve been overboard. I`m seriously sorry for that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Generally speaking, if one does not want to be disagreed with they should state no opinions. State an opinion and someone is going to disagree. Claiming that no one could possobly disagree doesn't keep it from happening.

I disagree.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

I disagree.

You're both wrong.

Top Bottom