• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What training requirements should be implemented?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    So where's the proof than Joe Blow the town drunk actually got drunk and had a accident. May have happened, may not have happened, but the odds are not in his favor.

There ya go, INGO. A ordinary citizen is not any different than the "town drunk" in the eyes of jc.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Don't forget the fact of how many lives have been saved by the seat belt law, let alone lower insurance costs.

The modern cowboy as designed by jc...

cowboyosha.gif

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    There ya go, INGO. A ordinary citizen is not any different than the "town drunk" in the eyes of jc.

Quit changing my meanings and ideas for you benefit.

I meant exactly what I posted and nothing more, just as I meant the 2 ladies purchasing handguns and nothing more.

Are the ordinary citizen or the town drunk?:dunno:

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Quit changing my meanings and ideas for you benifite.

I ment exactly what I posted and nothing more, just as I ment the 2 ladies purchasing handguns and nothing more.

Are the ordinary citizen or the town drunk?:dunno:

I am happy to leave the meaning of your posts to the INGO readers. But you're the one comparing citizens who own guns to the town drunk, not any one else here on the forum.

BTW.,.. just for the record... the singular of data is not anecdote.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Spose so! Seems that could go either way dude!

We have a difference of opinion, very unlikely I'll change yours and it impossible for you to change mine.

Whatever you say!

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Spose so! Seems that could go either way dude!

We have a difference of opinion, very unlikely I'll change yours and it impossible for you to change mine.

Whatever you say!

As noted... emotional driven and invested. I am open to facts and reality and am always willing to change my mind when they both prove that I should.

jc ignores facts and reality and closes his eyes and ears.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    As noted... emotional driven and invested. I am open to facts and reality and am always willing to change my mind when they both prove that I should.

jc ignores facts and reality and closes his eyes and ears.

You stating you have an "Open Mind", that is a joke in itself!:rockwoot:

I just feel there is no harm and many advantages to basic knowledge regarding safety and operation, for the life of me I fail to see the negative aspects in acquiring that knowledge.

But being as you do, why not let it rest guy, however if you wish I,m more than able to keep this up for days, weeks, months, years, whatever. So whats the decision?

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI

I just feel there is no harm and many advantages to basic knowledge regarding safety and operation, for the life of me I fail to see the negative aspects in acquiring that knowledge.

But being as you do, why not let it rest guy, however if you wish I,m more than able to keep this up for days, weeks, months, years, whatever. So whats the decision?

1) Perhaps you can find a post where I noted that I have an open mind. You even put quote marks around it, so you must think you were somehow quoting me. There is quite a difference between being open to reality, and having an open mind.

2) Again, for the umpteenth time, find one person on this forum who disagrees with you on the value of training. You can't. So why do you keep beating it as if you are the only person on INGO who believes it? Why do you keep insisting that other people don't like training? This is probably the number one reason why you've lost credibility on this issue. You just won't accept that people like training, but not government mandated training.

If you think that I am wrong, then find a post where I hinted, said, implied or otherwise gave reason to believe that I "...see the negative aspects in acquiring that knowledge" You just posted that "But being as you do..."

The only grammatical construction that makes any sense is that you are stating that I do "see and so forth"

But you can't back it up. You just made it up from thin air. And those posters who make up stuff from thin air are not really those who are taken seriously. If you want to be taken seriously then climb down off your emotions and begin using at least a bit of logic.

3) I've got all week to continue to correct your errors. If you're willing to go on making them in front of your fellow gun owners and God, then I'll be happy to fulfill my part in the forum.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    Don't forget the fact of how many lives have been saved by the seat belt law, let alone lower insurance costs.
    The point being that we were promised by government officials that what is currently happening with enforcement of this law was not going to happen. As driving is a privilege and not a right I have no argument with the law itself, just the lies that were told to gain acceptance of this law.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm

It should not be mandatory. Freedom is not to be imposed upon. Training is good but government mandate upon an un-infringeable right is bad. Government does not grant rights, God does.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Does anyone remember when they passed the seat belt law? Politicians and law enforcement officials were promising that it would never be used as a reason to pull someone over for a traffic violation. Now some places even set up road stops just to check. Training should be advised but one more arrow in governments regulatory quiver is never a good idea.

:+1: Excellent post! Whenever you give the .gov an inch, a mile will be taken--maybe not immediately, but it will.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    So with that statement you're implying that folks will gladly rush out and voluntarily accept training when purchasing a firearm. You sir are living in lala land.

But continue to believe as you wish, sad as it is.

Again, making things up from thin air... there is no implication about people doing anything in that post. It merely says that people like training. If you want to disagree with that point then you can argue with the dozens of INGO posters who have said that very thing here on your thread.

If you want to argue that "people" means all people, everywhere, at any time, then go for it. Most folk will understand it to be the general concept of "people" as opposed to "no one."

And this is why it is difficult to sustain a high-value thread on any forum. There's always someone willing to take things out of context, willing to make things up, willing to create false quotes, and generally willing to take the thread down rabbit holes. Sad when it is the OP that does it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Once in a while I have the occasion to encounter someone who throrughly defies my understanding. I have come to the conclusion that you have no concept whatsoever of the nature of a right or the significance of those specifically enumerated in the Constitution. You apparently are an enemy of liberty so long as you are free to live approximately within the boundaries that you consider reasonable for yourself, hence reasonable for everyone else. Constitutional liberty is apparently foreign to your notion of right and proper, so tell me, what is your idea of a proper relationship between the people and the government?

Since a rigidly established system of limited government (fact notwithstanding that the Constitution is routinely ignored these days) obviously doesn't do it for you, do by prefer a system as found in England, heavy with government control and 'constitution law' as they call it is basically what we call 'precedent' which is fluid and offers to guarantees beyond the inertial tendency toward habit? Would you like a system as found in Germany in which DIY home projects are by and large illegal because 1., you are not trained to do them, and 2., the trained professional requires the work to be available in order to make a living? Since rights don't mean enough to you to even bother understanding what separates a right from a privilege, perhaps you would like such a vacation spot such as China, or better yet, the DPRK where the thinking is done for you and you comply or else? After all, involuntary compliance is what you are prescribing for us.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So with that statement you're implying that folks will gladly rush out and voluntarily accept training when purchasing a firearm. You sir are living in lala land.

But continue to believe as you wish, sad as it is.

There are 7 individual trainers and/or training firms which are INGO advertisers, and others who are not INGO advertisers. They stay in business by training people who voluntarily seek their services, indicating that people do in fact do so. Try again.

Top Bottom