• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What training requirements should be implemented?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    JCWIT, most of my training came from BB guns when I was a kid. Everything else I know about firearms is pretty much self taught. I have no formal combat, safety, shooting, defensive training of any kind, other than what I have taught myself.

So, based on that information you are saying I should not be allowed to carry or use a gun. Thank you very much, I appreciate the vote of confidence, guess I should sell the rest of my guns and get me another BB gun

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    There are 7 individual trainers and/or training firms which are INGO advertisers, and others who are not INGO advertisers. They stay in business by training people who voluntarily seek their services, indicating that people do in fact do so. Try again.

Have no idea where to find the stats if they even exist. But it would be interstring to know what the percent of folks who own guns have taken ANY type of Safety course of any kind. I would bet its way less than 50%.

You can now try again.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    So JCWit you have never answered my question...

Who decides who trains? What .Gov Stooge gets to decide if I have to take a training class, how long the class is, Where the class is, Whats covered in the class?

Remember I was a Hunter before I was a Boy Scout, I was a Boy Scout Before I was an EMT, I was an EMT before I was a Front Line Combat Soldier.

You never did answer that question along with a great many other questions postulated here.

The problem is you cannot answer them because they are unanswerable. The only option you have to fall back on remains so horrendous and despotic that the people will never allow such a thing to exist.

Any such regulation would fly against the Civil Rights and the Constitution.

You see the basis of our government is that all are equal in the eyes of the law. So your only proposal would have to fly against the equality of all americans. There by nullifying the Constitution as we know it. Any law that by design of function defies the constitution is immediately nullified by the rights retained by the states and the rights retained by the people of the United States.

So tell me know how you would Implement this obviously Un Constitutional mandate without A. The support of the people, B. Without Violating the Civil Rights by descriminating one group vs another group, C. Afford such a Dictatorial Mandate and Finance it?

How do you finanace a blatant violation of the Constitution without violating the constitution by making the people pay to exercise ar Right?

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    And this is why it is difficult to sustain a high-value thread on any forum. There's always someone willing to take things out of context, willing to make things up, willing to create false quotes, and generally willing to take the thread down rabbit holes. Sad when it is the OP that does it.

Sorry guy, you are the one that started trying to change my words and meanings. Better take a look in the mirror.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Again, making things up from thin air... there is no implication about people doing anything in that post. It merely says that people like training. If you want to disagree with that point then you can argue with the dozens of INGO posters who have said that very thing here on your thread.

Better take a closer look guy.

Check out post #1, sure wasn't me, you can't get that right.:dunno:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...4-why_are_people_against_a_safety_course.html

I didn't post till #23!:patriot: :popcorn:

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    So JCWit you have never answered my question...

Who decides who trains? What .Gov Stooge gets to decide if I have to take a training class, how long the class is, Where the class is, Whats covered in the class?

Remember I was a Hunter before I was a Boy Scout, I was a Boy Scout Before I was an EMT, I was an EMT before I was a Front Line Combat Soldier.

You never did answer that question along with a great many other questions postulated here.

The problem is you cannot answer them because they are unanswerable. The only option you have to fall back on remains so horrendous and despotic that the people will never allow such a thing to exist.

Any such regulation would fly against the Civil Rights and the Constitution.

You see the basis of our government is that all are equal in the eyes of the law. So your only proposal would have to fly against the equality of all americans. There by nullifying the Constitution as we know it. Any law that by design of function defies the constitution is immediately nullified by the rights retained by the states and the rights retained by the people of the United States.

So tell me know how you would Implement this obviously Un Constitutional mandate without A. The support of the people, B. Without Violating the Civil Rights by descriminating one group vs another group, C. Afford such a Dictatorial Mandate and Finance it?

How do you finanace a blatant violation of the Constitution without violating the constitution by making the people pay to exercise ar Right?

Whatever you say saint.:laugh::n00b:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Have no idea where to find the stats if they even exist. But it would be interstring to know what the percent of folks who own guns have taken ANY type of Safety course of any kind. I would bet its way less than 50%.

It sounds like you're letting two issues mingle.

Issue #1: Gun owners should train. Most folks here would agree with you. Many seek out quality training on their own time and dime and see the value in such training. Personally, I think EVERY person who owns a gun should learn how to use it efficiently.

Issue #2: Training should be required. THIS is where people, including myself, disagree. We don't disagree because training is a bad idea, but because mandating such things is a slippery slope to further restrictions of the right to bear arms. Training costs money, and those that lack money would be at a disadvantage. Or the training standards could be so prohibitive that no one would qualify to own guns.

So while most people will agree with your stance on Issue #1, most people will disagree with your stance on Issue #2.

I'd be curious to hear how you think Issue #2 should be mandated. Who would make the rules? Who would set the standards? How would the training be paid for? Who would do the training?

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    It's virtually impossible to answer them as there has been no regulations placed to start a safety and training program. You are correct in that they are unanswerable.

But I doubt they will stay unanswerable in the future.

That folks is my opinion, right or wrong, we shall see what happenes later.

RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    I should have read Drakkules opinion

Drakkule makes agreat point. I regret not having read his opinion before voting in poll. I voted that all should receive training....however having read his take on it I would agree with the 4 exceptions as stated

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    So Thread Closed, Troll Defeated, Nothing to say or add left,

The troll has been reduced to stupid posts of smiley faces instead of facing the very questions that for the basis of his asinine and silly position.

Just another silly troll that will probably end up with a shooter status at some point.

He cannot even defend a position that he knows and has had proven wrong.

IBTL

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    It's virtually impossible to answer them as there has been no regulations placed to start a safety and training program. You are correct in that they are unanswerable.

Other states currently have such regulations, so the answers to such questions already exist there.

I'm curious as to your ideas on how such regulations should be handled. What is your opinion?

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    It sounds like you're letting two issues mingle.

Issue #1: Gun owners should train. Most folks here would agree with you. Many seek out quality training on their own time and dime and see the value in such training. Personally, I think EVERY person who owns a gun should learn how to use it efficiently.

Issue #2: Training should be required. THIS is where people, including myself, disagree. We don't disagree because training is a bad idea, but because mandating such things is a slippery slope to further restrictions of the right to bear arms. Training costs money, and those that lack money would be at a disadvantage. Or the training standards could be so prohibitive that no one would qualify to own guns.

So while most people will agree with your stance on Issue #1, most people will disagree with your stance on Issue #2.

I'd be curious to hear how you think Issue #2 should be mandated. Who would make the rules? Who would set the standards? How would the training be paid for? Who would do the training?

Pretty much correct.

As far as who should should make the rules, standards, and pay for the training, its way past my pay grade. Anything I would suggest on those questions would be pure speculation.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So Thread Closed, Troll Defeated, Nothing to say or add left,

The troll has been reduced to stupid posts of smiley faces instead of facing the very questions that for the basis of his asinine and silly position.

Just another silly troll that will probably end up with a shooter status at some point.

He cannot even defend a position that he knows and has had proven wrong.

Just because his opinion is different or unpopular doesn't mean that the rules for name-calling don't apply.

Please refrain from any future name-calling or a temp ban will follow this in-thread warning.

:mods:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Pretty much correct.

As far as who should should make the rules, standards, and pay for the training, its way past my pay grade. Anything I would suggest on those questions would be pure speculation.

But you ARE for it. You obviously have some opinions/beliefs on how a mandatory training law should work.

I'm very curious on more of your thoughts. Seriously.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Pretty much correct.

SO your basis is again that one group of people whould dictate how another group exercises a constitutional right?

LMAO SILLY TROLL go back to the Brady Campaign, You and that Wheel Chaired Freak were cut from the same cloth

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom