• 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Bingo^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I picked up a brand new Springer GI a few weeks ago. It was not in my possession more than a few hours before I was deep in the 1911 catalog from Brownells. Now all that remains original is the frame/slide. I just can not help myself.....it is an addiction.......:)

Now I have more spare parts to up-grade RIA's

In CM's world, you can buy an RIA upgrade kit from Springfield and they'll even throw in a frame and slide :)

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Movies. It's all about the movies.

What is the most important thing? Right, to look and seem cool. I slung guns for four years. I know my market. Everyone wants to be cool.

Name a movie that the 1911 has been in recently? Right, you can't.

It is all about the polymer baby. You may be cool, but you'll never be dual-wielding plastic fantastic cool!

351px-Avengers_fury_S%26W_MP.jpeg

It is tough for me to fathom that you really believe this no matter how many times I hear you say it. If you want a movie or show with a 1911 in it, how about dang near everything Steven Seagal has done.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I carry a Colt Combat Elite as my EDC. I've put over 2000 rnds thru her without a hitch. I've owned many plastic guns, loved 'em all. But I've never shot anything as accurate as this gun. Until I do, my 1911 will be my EDC. PS, my Colt has been blessed by the Patron Saint of 1911's . . Saint Churchmouse!:bowdown:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    People seem to want to carry the smallest pistol they can these days. For some reason people tend to want to justify their own choices by bashing anything to the contrary. So that means 1911s suck if you own polymer. If you own 1911s then plastic sucks. Some of us own and enjoy both, but some people seem incapable of that. Just like the Apple vs. PC fight. For some reason there is real hatred in some people for the other group. It escapes me why, but it really exists.

While I am currently EDC a Taurus polymer gun, and it shoots great. It's just not a 1911. I am dying to get another compact 1911 to EDC again. I really miss my 1991A1 Compact. There's nothing wrong with poly guns. I just have a preference.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    A kimber TLE II, a Springfield loaded, and colt (yes, a colt) 1991

I've had two of those three. I put 1500-2000 rds through the 1991, I've put ~500 rds through the Springer Loaded. I have had 2-3 misfeed (mag related) and one FT Eject. That was because it wasa .40 slipped into the magazine by accident. Still cycled and fired the .40, but it was offset enough to miss the ejector. Neither one have(had) any work done to them. clean them, load them and shoot them.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Why all the 1911 hatred ? Cause 1911's SUCK WORSE THAN WASR'S ! and you all know it !

The damn things have more bushings , pins and springs (to lose) than a swiss clock .

Field stripped , my G30S has 4 parts , slide , frame , guide rod and spring . Count'em 1, 2 ,4 parts total .

Unlike the battleship anchor 1911 , I can carry my G30 in my front pants / shorts pocket and it BARELY prints .

" If you hit your target , 8 rounds is enough " , OH REALLY ? Because bad guys are NEVER hopped up on drugs and take multiple hits to stop do they , yeah right .

I've got 10 + 1 rounds of .45 flavored kiss my ass in my gun , with another 13 in my pocket ready for hurp durps friends , just in case .

Should I ever feel the need to I can bury it for a year , freeze it , throw it in a lake , mud , out of a plane or up against a brick wall , **** on it to clean it and not worry about it functioning like it should .

Last but not least , because Yeager says they suck !

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    One comment about new shooters and the 1911. They shoot it better then polymer because of the trigger. Think about it, 4 pound trigger with little take up in a 40 oz gun vs 5.5 lb trigger with a lot of movement in a 25 oz gun. The ergonomics and trigger in the 1911 are made to shoot. This really is an apple and oranges comparison. Does a person want a heavy recoil absorbing gun that points well and has a great trigger. Or does a person want the weight reduction and capacity of polymer.

I carry a 1911 because I have style and flair. When the zombies come I'm packing my Glock

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Why all the 1911 hatred ? Cause 1911's SUCK WORSE THAN WARSR'S ! and you all know it !

The damn things have more bushings , pins and springs (to lose) than a swiss clock .

Field stripped , my G30S has 4 parts , slide , frame , guide rod and spring . Count'em 1, 2 ,4 parts total .

Unlike the battleship anchor 1911 , I can carry my G30 in my front pants / shorts pocket and it BARELY prints .

" If you hit your target , 8 rounds is enough " , OH REALLY ? Because bad guys are NEVER hopped up on drugs and take multiple hits to stop do they , yeah right .

I've got 10 + 1 rounds of .45 flavored kiss my ass in my gun , with another 13 in my pocket ready for hurp durps friends , just in case .

Should I ever feel the need to I can bury it for a year , freeze it , throw it in a lake , mud , out of a plane or up against a brick wall , **** on it to clean it and not worry about it functioning like it should .

Last but not least , because Yeager says they suck !
    You lost me until you said to **** on them!:yesway: See , we can always find common ground!:):

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    With the inception of the Glock in the early 80's I find it amazing how much of the US and the world carries it. I also find it amazing that so many companies copy the Glock. For police in the US what did replace the revolver? The Glock. Why were 1911's never standard issue for police across the US? A Glock has 38 parts, what other semi auto can say the same. Simplicity, reliability, capacity, and serviceability is why I no longer own a 1911.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    With the inception of the Glock in the early 80's I find it amazing how much of the US and the world carries it. I also find it amazing that so many companies copy the Glock. For police in the US what did replace the revolver? The Glock. Why were 1911's never standard issue for police across the US? A Glock has 38 parts, what other semi auto can say the same. Simplicity, reliability, capacity, and serviceability is why I no longer own a 1911.

Hold on there cowboy! Sure, Glocks are popular, but there are quite a few police departments that found them deficient. The ISP recently dumped their Glock 21s for the Sig P227. The biggest reason that 1911s are not common in police departments is that they require more skill and time from armorers. Many folks on the force just carry and could not care less about taking care of the gun and don't maintain them. Glocks are great weapons and I own and like them. But for many, myself included, 1911s work better. My personal experience has been that my 1911s are more reliable than my Glocks. All work fine now, but the worst out of box experience I ever had with a gun was with a brand new Glock 19. It would not cycle reliably until past about 150 rounds. I've had 1911s that have choked on a round or two in the first 50, but never one that would not go three consecutive rounds like the Glock 19 did.

:soapbox:

Sorry, hard to avoid the soap box once in a while.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom