• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    There are a few of us INGO fly fishermen that are trying to organize a meet over some beers or coffee soon. Hopefully we'll get a good turnout, and we can get some actual time on the rods for the next one, and possibly a Brookville Tailwaters trip down the line.

I see you are in Carmel, have you tried the neighborhood ponds? I grew up there, and had good luck catching bass and bluegill from those ponds. What part of Carmel do you live? I could possibly give you some pointers as to which ponds are good. Also, I took a fly fishing class (refresher, as it had been 10 years) and we fished at the Monon Center. There are quite a few bluegill there, and some small bass.

Pj, I'm across St V. Hosp. Across the freeway. I have seen the kids pull out some nice bass. I think my timing was off.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Pj, I'm across St V. Hosp. Across the freeway. I have seen the kids pull out some nice bass. I think my timing was off.

Haha, wow. Hunter's Creek South? Village of Mount Carmel? Thistlewood? Springmill Crossing? I grew up right there, and still live relatively close, off Oakridge north of 146th. I've caught my fair share out of the ponds at Springmill Crossing, Springmill Ponds, VOMC, etc.

jordanh34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    went fishing last sunday, between the 3 of us we cought over 30 fish in which they were ALL bass. ranging between half pound up to two pounds. sunday was still warm with a cold front coming in. we through jigs with curly tail grubs, rooster tails, spinner baits, stick baits, didnt matter. they were biting at everything we through in 1 foot to 6 foot of water depending. The spring bite is on gentleman

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    69   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    I went last Sunday. Got a small mouth that was maybe 8 ounces and then caught a pretty good size large mouth. Not sure on the weight but he was a hog for sure :)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Crappie quesadilla for lunch today. Closest I've been to any fish lately.

CameraZOOM-20130319144125968_zpsa7428e0d.jpg

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    im buying a boat this spring, come hell or high water. expect fishing reports from lake erie.

however, the best fishing ive ever had was trout season in georgia. when i lived in knoxville we'd make a yearly adventure to Clayton GA. we'd camp on the far side of the chattooga river, where they filmed deliverance, you had to ford the 100 yards at depths of 3-4 feet. somewhere i''ve a pic of a convoy of Jeeps and sUVs making the crossing. you've never eaten fish til youve had fresh rainbow cooked with butter and lemon in tinfoil over a campfire.

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    my son turns 8 monday. hes having a party tomorrow. hes getting a new fishing pole and tackle box full of gear. so i would have to say. if im not ready to go fishing yet, somthing tells me im going to be.

Top Bottom