Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't want to talk about current events with those people. I want to talk about them with INGO'ers.

I get plenty of political discussion through Twitter. But I've invested time in the INGO community.

So throw up a link to take them with you to your own or someone else's forum. I don't see the big deal, it's voluntary right?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I was a member at a forum that had a "no holds barred" type subforum. It didn't really work out. In fact, it tended to devolve into the worst part of the forum. Guys that, in any other part of the forum, would help each other out and work together ended up absolutely hating each other. So, it infected the main parts - the parts that were supposed to bring people together.

Such a forum would have to actually be super-moderated. Like, people would have to be judged on whether they could articulate a principled reason for their opinion. Maybe a 3 strikes rule. If you have 3 posts that are judgmental, ignorant, or racist/classist/religion-ist/whatever-ist, then you can't come back.

At least, that has been my experience on the internets.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No, in fact, it isn't. Do you have a link?

I'm not one that finds any satisfaction in reporting what others have said. I can take it. But it wouldn't take much effort using the search function to find the more explicit examples mentioned. Many times, the insults are more subtly disguised. I get it that those posters are less likely to be addressed if they're not brought to moderator attention. But some how the shoe on the other foot, if you will, is found out and addressed with regularity.

I don't want to talk about current events with those people. I want to talk about them with INGO'ers.

I get plenty of political discussion through Twitter. But I've invested time in the INGO community.

Good point. I understand the INGO mission to be welcoming to all. However, it seems as though certain current events are motivated and defined by forbidden topics. Not that those issues should be exploited for the sake of demeaning people that fall into the categories in the news but are not involved in the events being discussed, but it certainly places limits on interesting discussions.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I'm not one that finds any satisfaction in reporting what others have said. I can take it. But it wouldn't take much effort using the search function to find the more explicit examples mentioned. Many times, the insults are more subtly disguised. I get it that those posters are less likely to be addressed if they're not brought to moderator attention. But some how the shoe on the other foot, if you will, is found out and addressed with regularity.

Good point. I understand the INGO mission to be welcoming to all. However, it seems as though certain current events are motivated and defined by forbidden topics. Not that those issues should be exploited for the sake of demeaning people that fall into the categories in the news but are not involved in the events being discussed, but it certainly places limits on interesting discussions.
    It seems that adult people can have a discussion on sticky subjects without offending each other. We've been doing it for the last few hours. But then again I look at who's been participating and we have a good group of adult, mature people in here right now. . . . Except for GFGT who is a big poopie head!! . . And CM has cooties!!:p

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It seems that adult people can have a discussion on sticky subjects without offending each other. We've been doing it for the last few hours. But then again I look at who's been participating and we have a good group of adult, mature people in here right now. . . . Except for GFGT who is a big poopie head!! . . And CM has cooties!!:p
    Speaking truth to power. You are a brave man.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Nah...not so brave. He didn't say anything about JetGirl or 88GT. But then again, I wonder if he's able to eat solid food yet after the last time. :laugh:
    For the record, I SkullDaddy do not endorse the use of JetGirl or 88GT's name in anyway that might compromise my abilities to eat solid food. . . If I ever get to that point ever again! GFGT=poopie head!!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

You can't say that while standing on base. You have to be at least five feet away. :rules:

Full Moon

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    Indiana
    It's apparent that posting about self defense and terrorism is now identical to posting about religion and will get you banned unless you are specifically posting about a blonde, Scandinavian atheist who just hi-jacked a plane.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's apparent that posting about self defense and terrorism is now identical to posting about religion and will get you banned unless you are specifically posting about a blonde, Scandinavian atheist who just hi-jacked a plane.

Welcome (back?) to :ingo:. Hope you enjoy your stay.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

They're the worst! Those bastards are so sneaky you never here about them!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

How about throwing in a period once in a while. I can't hold my breath that long. Thanks. :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom