Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Also, who gets to decide who is an adult? I'm thinking opinions would differ.

I guess if a person is mature enough to agree to behaving like an adult, for all practical purposes, until otherwise proven, the person gets to decide if he or she is one.

I notice the "books of fairytales" insults seem perfectly acceptable though.

I'm not one that finds any satisfaction in reporting what others have said. I can take it. But it wouldn't take much effort using the search function to find the more explicit examples mentioned. Many times, the insults are more subtly disguised. I get it that those posters are less likely to be addressed if they're not brought to moderator attention. But some how the shoe on the other foot, if you will, is found out and addressed with regularity.

I know what you're saying. I've seen those posts as well. I don't like reporting posts either. However. If some things seem consistently enforced and other things aren't, then I would report the post if for no other reason than to keep things consistent.

I have noticed some of the militantly non-religious folks tend to get away with some pretty snide remarks like what Expat referenced. But I don't think it's a lack of even-handling by the mods. You guys that those snide remarks are intended for are not the kind of people who report every little thing that offends them. So those posts tend to stand.

Conversely, I suspect the people who tend to make those snide remarks, may not share your reluctance to report offensive posts, and tend to report any hint of religious speak. The mods can't evaluate posts that they don't see.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Conversely, I suspect the people who tend to make those snide remarks, may not share your reluctance to report offensive posts, and tend to report any hint of religious speak. The mods can't evaluate posts that they don't see.

Oh I suspect this as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom