Who says we have to let welfare trash vote?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    WOW, just ...... WOW! Karl Marx, and so many other tyrannical Statists, would be sooooooo proud!

And the Almighty will be proud of you.

The difference between our system and the people you cite is that we get to choose our leaders.

This whole "taxation is theft" canard needs to end.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Ahhhh...nothing like the threat of force by armed law enforcement officers that can relieve you of liberty or legally earned property, to wring out the proper amount of charity from people. Any way you want to spin it, whether by a thug mugging an innocent pedestrian downtown or by a group of people pulling a certain lever in a voting booth, forcibly transferring wealth from one person to give to another, no matter how benevolent your intentions are, is theft. Just because you hire an intermediary to do it, doesn't change the fact. And the fact you'd write, in effect, that we need the government to teach and/or force people to do something that may conflict with whatever self-interest(s) they may have seems to conflict with desires to keep the government out of other areas of peoples' lives. You can't have it both ways.

So all taxation is theft? Puhleeeeze.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    And the Almighty will be proud of you.

The difference between our system and the people you cite is that we get to choose our leaders.

This whole "taxation is theft" canard needs to end.

Choosing our leaders may be overstated. After all, we just got finished choosing between the candidates offered from two rigged conventions.

Taxation is the cost of civilized society when collected at levels necessary to carry out the functions the Constitution specifically authorizes the government to perform. Confiscating money from one to give to another is theft even when done under the color of the law.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Absolutely. Taxes are the dues we pay for living in a civilized society. If private charity alone was capable of dealing with the problem, such programs would never have been necessary. Some people know how to share, some people need to be taught, and unfortunately, some need to be forced.

I agree with the first sentence.

After that....a lot of people starving to death in the U.S. before the expansive welfare system we have now? No. There never has been any proof that private organizations can not or will not provide the bare necessities, but the government with its "war on poverty" was not interested in sustenance levels, which is what a true "safety net" should be about. Rather, what was created was a level of government benefits that allowed for welfare as a lifestyle, generation after generation. Charities did not provide this....and for this, I say well done. What we now call a "safety net" provides enough that children in "poverty" can get fat, have TVs bigger than mine, and shoes that cost more than any 2 pair I own. Is this a good thing?

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    With 20+ years of multi family housing and mostly Section 8 experience under my belt, I have always wanted to expose the abuse. People would be shocked if they really knew where their tax money went. I have seen 3 generations living in the same Apt. community and to my knowledge none had ever worked for a living. I have had residents tell me I am stupid for working as they sit and watch a 60" flat screen. They receive health care, food stamps, help with utility's, free Xmas gifts and the list goes on ! Some people do need help and I am all about helping people, but most people just use the system. Just my 2 cents !

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I wish that surprised me.

While I believe is a "safety net" I believe in one that provides the bare minimum such that life thereon is uncomfortable enough that getting out of the net is far preferable. Also, the "safety net" should be local or state, not federal.

...that being said, I would not touch a person's right to vote.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So all taxation is theft? Puhleeeeze.

What is the difference between me walking up to you and demanding you give me money or I'll inflict some violence on you and if you elect a politician that passes a law that demands you give them money so they can give it to me?

And please refrain from that old canard equating government mandated wealth redistribution and the construction of some public infrastructure? It surprises me how many folks are so obtuse that they either cannot or refuse to see the difference.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    With 20+ years of multi family housing and mostly Section 8 experience under my belt, I have always wanted to expose the abuse. People would be shocked if they really knew where their tax money went. I have seen 3 generations living in the same Apt. community and to my knowledge none had ever worked for a living. I have had residents tell me I am stupid for working as they sit and watch a 60" flat screen. They receive health care, food stamps, help with utility's, free Xmas gifts and the list goes on ! Some people do need help and I am all about helping people, but most people just use the system. Just my 2 cents !

By the bolded, do you mean you own section 8 property?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I find it interesting that so many are shocked by the OP's position, but aren't shocked by the wealthiest demographic in our country taking payments from the poorest demographic, payments that account for much less than they paid in, all the while acknowledging that the poorest demographic will likely never benefit from the same program.

And any politician who suggests any method of reforming that program so that perhaps that poorest demographic might benefit themselves when they are old, is promptly punished quickly and severely.

The vote was never an absolute right, and it certainly was never intended as a method for one group to vote themselves they produce of another group.

I have a hard time revering the vote when it's used to take from one group to benefit another.

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    To the OP's point, I'm mostly in agreement and I've said the same thing for a while now. No skin in the game, no vote. Voting for a living is indeed a clear conflict of interest. AND I'm not against a social safety net; I truly believe if the people PAYING for the social safety net had more of a say in how it were run it would likely be much much more efficient and would weed out many of the perpetual takers.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    The game is up at some point. Unless we all want to be living in one giant Favela slinging feces and hustling for scraps the current system simply can't support itself. Especially not with so many people thinking they are entitled to someone elses money.

Look at some of the responses here about people on SS for example. Sure they paid money at some point. They can't wrap their minds around the fact that the money is GONE. It doesn't exist any more.

The only way for them to get "their" SS is for the government to steal it from their children and grandchildren.

I use quotations because what the paid in (contrary to what they assumed) never went into any account for them or anyone else. It went into the general tax fund. Same place the rest of their FICA money went.

We cannot survive much longer when a majority of the people advocate and believe it is morally acceptable to steal money from other people so they can get what they are "entitled" to.

First, to the OP.....YOU are absolutely a troll....and I have nothing to say to you....except you don't belong here with decent folks.

Promo- WTF are you talking about???? Welfare leaches who "won't" support themselves is one thing. But some humans thru no fault of their own, can be thrust into situations/conditions in which they cannot physically work any longer and need aid. I don't fault them, regardless of age or 'time on the job'.

As far as SS recipients whom have worked all their lives; paid the SS tax every paycheck and watched the .gov STEAL and borrow their rightfully earned and deserved return of their monies due them at age 62/66.... without even a red cent of interest.... are OWED that money by Uncle Sam. They are NOT stealing it from the next generation; the .gov is. It is quite obvious that, once again, you sir are ignorant of the facts on how SS was set up and intended to operate.

When you have worked as many years as I have (often two jobs),and have had those thousands and thousands of dollars taken from your hard earned checks..... we'll see, then, how you feel about what you call "entitlements". Damn right I want my SS in the next few years before I die... and I did build that!!!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Social Security brings us a lovely little dilemma. Is it more fair to penalize those now working by making them pay a debt incurred before many of them were even born, and for which they likely will never receive any return, or to short the people who paid in, many of whom were asleep at the switch when the .gov replaced their money with IOUs and when Lyndon Johnson shamelessly pushed the legislation to change a funded retirement account into a de facto entitlement program/Ponzi scheme with the money being paid in today used to pay out today since the trust fund no longer exists and has long since been squandered?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Social Security brings us a lovely little dilemma. Is it more fair to penalize those now working by making them pay a debt incurred before many of them were even born, and for which they likely will never receive any return, or to short the people who paid in, many of whom were asleep at the switch when the .gov replaced their money with IOUs and when Lyndon Johnson shamelessly pushed the legislation to change a funded retirement account into a de facto entitlement program/Ponzi scheme with the money being paid in today used to pay out today since the trust fund no longer exists and has long since been squandered?

Just blame it on the ungrateful youth. That's the in thing to do.

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    To the OP...Wow! In your world do blacks or jews get to vote? How about gays? Women?...please spare us Nazi propaganda BS threads like this one. Some things should be better kept to yourself, that includes any hatred and bitterness issues you suffer from.

This is one screwed up race card playing individual I wantto SPECIFICLY address.

PLEASE point out ANYWHERE in any post that I mention race,religion or any other of the cards the left like you seem to play.

Go ahead. Find one and I will kiss your ass in front of thecourt house on Sunday morning and give you an hour to draw a crowd.
    :ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15:

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    I reread this thread and it just confirms what I have come to expect from all to many who may actually own a gun but are not members of the actual shooting world. I see members here with over 1000 posts in a couple months. One has almost 7K in a year. In less than 3 some have almost13K!! Jesus. WTF do you guys do except sit in front of the keyboard and wait for new posts to come in so you can snipe? Pathetic.

I will bet a dollar to a donut that this segment hasn’t shot a couple hundred rounds, OK I will go to 500 rounds, in the last year. Gun shop commandos all.

Some good counterpoints here from some and worth reading.

My basic premise still stands. Lowlife trash who wont pull their weight, not those who cant, need to be purged from voting.

It’s a moot point regardless.

AND Im still waiting to hear from the brickmason who seems to have money for computers and internet service but is indignant about riding off my back for his EBT.

And now “topper” mike will make some kind of statement about“clips” which he probably uses to attach his hair with.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I reread this thread and it just confirms what I have come to expect from all to many who may actually own a gun but are not members of the actual shooting world. I see members here with over 1000 posts in a couple months. One has almost 7K in a year. In less than 3 some have almost13K!! Jesus. WTF do you guys do except sit in front of the keyboard and wait for new posts to come in so you can snipe? Pathetic.

I will bet a dollar to a donut that this segment hasn’t shot a couple hundred rounds, OK I will go to 500 rounds, in the last year. Gun shop commandos all.

My basic premise still stands. Lowlife trash who wont pull their weight, not those who cant, need to be purged from voting.

AND Im still waiting to hear from the brickmason who seems to have money for computers and internet service but is indignant about riding off my back for his EBT.

And now “topper” mike will make some kind of statement about“clips” which he probably uses to attach his hair with.

I am guessing that you aren't very old. Most people with a measure of maturity are more cautious with their assumption and also understand the concept of unintended consequences. Let me assure you that if you do see your wish come true that people can be selectively disenfranchised, you will join their ranks. You really should study up on feudalism. If you had enough money to make the cut once such a thing would start, you would complaining to the lobbyist on your payroll, not on an internet forum.

I can agree with your objection to having people vote themselves a living on our dime. On the other hand, you need to stop slamming our bricklaying neighbor. It is a safe bet that more has been paid in off of his work than he receives back. How do you reasonably complain about someone receiving back what was taken from the proceeds of his work for that very purpose?

What the rest of us do with our time is none of your business. When you start paying my bills your opinion may carry some weight. Until then, shut that hole in your face about how I use my time and resources. You may want to consider growing up. You have clearly demonstrated that you have yet to do so.

jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    I feel we have some new members here, that should not be here. I feel that if the need ever arises for the op to have to have some kind of financial assistance, they would not pass it up. just like all the liberals that want to ban guns would not pass up calling the police or someone with a gun to come to their rescue if they needed. I really think we need to find a way to screen people before they can join this great site. but thats my 2 cents.

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Once again for those who dont read a thread and justpost. Im not yet to SS age but old enough to have voted for Ronnie. So tell me what you do with your time? Cold weather is down time since for us who actually spend time shooting not air gunning.

As far as who is paying whose bills you just showed my point.

“It is a safe bet that more has been paid in off of his work than he receives back. How do you reasonably complain about someone receiving back what was taken from the proceeds of his work for that very purpose?”

MOST of us have NEVER received a damn dime of what was taken from us in the name of fairness. And if we did it was far exceeded by what was taken. I got a couple weeks of unemployment in my whole life since I had the bad luck of being able to find a job, be it a poopy one, out of a sense of pride over licking my bag at home and crying about a job being worth my time.

I must have stumbled across the website of the occupy and gun owners site it seems.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

This post irked me, so I'll pass along some thoughts.

There are a great many persons that have proper command of the English language, and are quite computer literate.

Sure there are those that read at a 3rd grade level, or have issues properly operating a CPU, but I'm confindent that the vast majority of members here, far and away exceed such.

Truthfully, even for a person who doesn't have a particulary sharp mind, amassing a 1000 posts, quickly, isn't all that difficult. In fact, it's exceedingly easy.

I have no doubt that I could have a few thousands posts in few months, and still have more than adequate enough time to train myself properly, to match or exceed today's "common" or "regular" firearms enthusiast.

Indicating that "post counts," are indicative of a person's non-INGO related time, is pretty silly. I say this because, one must reference their own abilities when making such claims, as they are the only "proof" they have to illustrate their position.

So basically what I'm saying, is that while you may not have the ability to construct numerous posts over a relatively short period of time, and still maintain an acceptable proficiency with your firearm, it is poor logic to assume that others suffer from the same deficiencies.

:twocents:

Top Bottom