Who says we have to let welfare trash vote?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'm so excited to start paying taxes next year. (sarcasm)

That is one reason I dislike education in this country. Working to get a GPA in the top ten of my class gets me no guarantees of anything. Of course you are constantly told you will succeed by doing well in school, but I am guaranteed nothing. Those who don't try at all and fail in school are guaranteed government money that comes out of the pay check of working people like myself and my family. What's the justice in that?

You have a disability? I don't have much of a problem with giving you some help. If you are able bodied and of working age there is little excuse for you to be living off of tax payers money though.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I believe no one should be abe to vote or hold public office if that person has not:

1. served with one of America's Armed Forces for a minimum of ten years. Four years must be served over seas. 0r,
    2. served in a service related Corp such as the Peace Corp., or
    3. lived out of the borders of the United States and Canada for a minimim of five years.

No one should be eligible to vote is the person falls into one of the two catagories:

1. While living on public subsities where the person did not pay into such subsitie.
    2. Is incarcerated as a convicted fellon.
    3. Others as We the People believe there is a need

Force servitude, sounds lovely, where can I sign up for that?

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Seriously.

The 1st, 15th, 19th and 26th amendments deal with voting issues. IF Im not totally wrong the felons issue its a states rights issue and the 14th amendment possibly.

In my world anyone who uses or lives in section 8 housing, EBT card, WIC, or any other welfare device. Anyone who is on SS and has not reached retirement age. These people forfit their right to vote since they contribute nothing to the greater good of the nation.

Lots of hatred in this one, Obi-wan. A lot of ignorance about how people fall into hard times, too.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Force servitude, sounds lovely, where can I sign up for that?
    Having a mandatory 10 year military service would cost more to maintain than all of the social programs combined. We're already going broke because of what we spend on the army now.

digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    Look, there are millions of scum that feed off the system because they are too damn lazy to work. But, people like my dad, should be on SS only if they have a legitimate reason to why they are on it. He was a mild to severe schizophrenic that couldn't function in a workforce, too paranoid and would be a risk to others.
    If you are mentally or physically incapacitated to work, then fine whatever.

This stupid garbage that allows an individual to collect O-cash with a slight case of depression or any other ridiculous excuse is one of the main reasons this country is turning into a ****hole.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Unfortunately, as seen with this last election...the majority of our country wants their free stuff instead of freedom...There are many who are entitled to these benefits, there are just as many who use it to keep from working. We have to make some changes in SS or it will disappear. I would say start with those who are around 35 and let them take their SS tax money and put it in a retirement account. Those who have big pensions should not be allowed to collect SS. Those who are rich should not collect SS.

I used to take a similar position, back when I was young and thought I was invincible. Now, a few years and a few mishaps later, I feel differently. For one thing, bad things happen to good people, so I no longer judge people based on their financial circumstances. It's also pretty easy to invest badly. On a more practical level, suppose we allow people of a certain age to stop paying SS taxes - what happens when they become disabled or reach retirement age and have insufficient income? Do we let them freeze and starve?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I believe no one should be abe to vote or hold public office if that person has not:

1. served with one of America's Armed Forces for a minimum of ten years. Four years must be served over seas. 0r,
    3. lived out of the borders of the United States and Canada for a minimim of five years.

No one should be eligible to vote is the person falls into one of the two catagories:

1. While living on public subsities where the person did not pay into such subsitie.

Given that the will of the people applied to government is generally determined by vote in congress, by this standard, ObamaCare could have had a follow on vote to disenfranchise all registered Republicans.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just for fun, let me point out another issue of confusion: The EBT card. This little plastic wonder has saved money for the .gov, made money for preferred banks, and blurred the line very badly between the dole and the rebate on money already taken from us by force. I cannot put people receiving unemployment benefits in the same basket with traditional welfare dependents. They are simply accepting a return of money that was taken from them for this purpose in the first place. There is no shame in getting your own earnings returned to you. The possible exception would be the 99 week people, but then again, many of them were having as much confiscated from the proceeds of their labor (albeit as a hidden cost) for decades as was taken as their portion of the SS tax.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Just for fun, let me point out another issue of confusion: The EBT card. This little plastic wonder has saved money for the .gov, made money for preferred banks, and blurred the line very badly between the dole and the rebate on money already taken from us by force. I cannot put people receiving unemployment benefits in the same basket with traditional welfare dependents. They are simply accepting a return of money that was taken from them for this purpose in the first place. There is no shame in getting your own earnings returned to you. The possible exception would be the 99 week people, but then again, many of them were having as much confiscated from the proceeds of their labor (albeit as a hidden cost) for decades as was taken as their portion of the SS tax.

Dave let me remind you that the employer pays unemployment tax, not the employee. And do not just assume the employer would pay the employee more money if they did not have to pay that tax.:twocents:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I would agree with the OP to some extent. I think if you don't have a "dog in the fight" you should not be able to vote.
    Most gov't assistance programs are meant to be temporary assistance. Not lifelong rights or retirement plans. We have many people in this country that spend their entire live's on these programs just because they are lazy. These people are the reason Obama won the election. That and the republican party but that is for another thread.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    The SS thing is iffy. My fiance's dad served, and passed away about two years ago (not due to service) she receives SS.

I think you need to rethink a lot of what you said. You're right the majority of people abuse these privileges, but banning everyone (including the girl who works 40 hours a week, but receives SS) is wrong..

You're right.

Rather than preventing people on those programs from voting, we just need to cut the cord on the hammock and end entitlements altogether.

We could do it slowly enough to avoid a major shock to the system or to those who don't have many alternatives, but if we don't end it, it will most certainly end U.S. as we and our forebears have known it.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

Welcome Robert Heinlein :welcome:

To be clear, in your perfect world, voting would be a privilege to be earned.

I'd love to hear your reasoning behind these suggestions and why you think they would improve (assuming you think this) the results of our elections.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Double Oh Boy!

this thread is comedy gold.... :laugh:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Look, there are millions of scum that feed off the system because they are too damn lazy to work. But, people like my dad, should be on SS only if they have a legitimate reason to why they are on it. He was a mild to severe schizophrenic that couldn't function in a workforce, too paranoid and would be a risk to others.
    If you are mentally or physically incapacitated to work, then fine whatever.

This stupid garbage that allows an individual to collect O-cash with a slight case of depression or any other ridiculous excuse is one of the main reasons this country is turning into a ****hole.

This is hilarious also. There are millions of people, who you call "scum," that collect welfare, but your dad, who also collects, isn't? He get's a pass because he a "legitimate" reason?

I know some that would say, why should they have to pay for YOUR dad, when he failed to "save for a rainy day," when he actually could work? I think the govt should cut your dad a check for what he put into the system, and be done after that.... and I'm pretty confident, that amount wouldn't be enough.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't think he's advocating forced servitude...that's the draft...his premise seems to be you don't serve (or hang out somewhere outside North America) you don't vote. Think Starship Troopers.

Lol, great reference, I was actually thinking Roman Empire. :laugh:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Always glad to see the "protectors of liberty" so very quick to remove the liberties of others.

Top Bottom