• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm pretty sure you meant 'toxicology', and I would love to know where you read that. Those kind of reports take WEEKs to get back. Also, the report she passed out in a bath tub is nothing more than rumor at this point. So, while truth may not be trolling, I would contest your definition of truth.

Yes, that is what I meant. Simple typed the wrong word and didn't proof-read. History of substance abuse. Seen drinking and known to be taking pills the night before. Showed up to Grammy practice smelling of liquor and looking a bit out of it. Half a dozen prescription bottles in her room. Various outlets reporting different things. Some reporting very, very little and some reporting that a bottle of pills were scattered around her when she was found in the bathtub. A few of the pills found were Lorazepam, Valium, Xanax, and sleeping medication. Drink heavily and mix pills = not a good combination.

PS. Several reputable sources have stated that witnesses (friends) saw her drinking heavily and mixing Xanax. But once again, her substance abuse isn't my issue. Caring more because it is someone famous is. Many wouldn't care at all if it was someone down the street.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Maybe your momma did. Mine didn't teach me to play nice for the sake of playing nice. You know that many people on here would be talking "who cares, just another junkie" if it wasn't a famous junkie that died.

It's obvious from the picture of your mother in your avatar that she didn't teach you to play nice. ;-)

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    So, you actually know nothing of toxicology reports and just spouted whatever you wanted as fact in order to make your point? Seems a lot like trolling to me.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Ephesians 4:15 says to "Speak the truth in LOVE." Just because something is true doesn't mean it's wise to say it at any old time.

It's not just what you say its how you say it.

You can say the same thing in two different ways and get two different reactions.

Telling you wife "When I look at you time stands still" is a good idea where as saying "Your face would stop a clock" is a bad idea. Its the same thing sort of but... two different reactions for sure.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Yes, that is what I meant. Simple typed the wrong word and didn't proof-read. History of substance abuse. Seen drinking and known to be taking pills the night before. Showed up to Grammy practice smelling of liquor and looking a bit out of it. Half a dozen prescription bottles in her room. Various outlets reporting different things. Some reporting very, very little and some reporting that a bottle of pills were scattered around her when she was found in the bathtub. A few of the pills found were Lorazepam, Valium, Xanax, and sleeping medication. Drink heavily and mix pills = not a good combination.

PS. Several reputable sources have stated that witnesses (friends) saw her drinking heavily and mixing Xanax. But once again, her substance abuse isn't my issue. Caring more because it is someone famous is. Many wouldn't care at all if it was someone down the street.

How do you know the impetus behind everyone's post? When someone dies, why dwell on the bad things in their life? Yes, Whitney Houston lived a life battling drug and alcohol addiction. She chose a man to share her life who did nothing to build her, but seemed to play a major role with bringing her down to the lowest level possible. Take those two issues out of the equation, what else do any of us know about her? Did she hurt anyone? Did she commit any crimes against others? So, besides being a famous person with demons and struggles, what is the purpose of your not allowing some in this thread to recall the good things about the woman?

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I've had a change of heart, I'm with you now. Tylenol, crack, heroin, nyquil...all dope to me. All the exact same thing.

If you don't feel the same sorrow for those that also died but weren't famous, it is almost like using this for some attention. People are born, people die. It is what we do. If you contribute to your own death by years of substance abuse while neglecting your family, I'm not all that inclined to feel terrible for you. Great, you had talent. You wasted it. You had a family. Crack was more important. Decades of substance abuse and half a dozen prescription bottles found in the hotel room. It probably wasn't 1 or 2 xanax mixed with alcohol the night before (not really even sure how that would cause issues with the xanax). She had all the opportunities in the world to get help. She didn't. This happens to normal people from normal families that don't have the same opportunities. When they die, people simply call them junkies.

+1,

This is 100% how I feel. Nobody cares about that homeless junkie out in the alley shooting heroin and killing himself.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Ephesians 4:15 says to "Speak the truth in LOVE." Just because something is true doesn't mean it's wise to say it at any old time.
    It's not just what you say its how you say it.
    You can say the same thing in two different ways and get two different reactions.
    Telling you wife "When I look at you time stands still" is a good idea where as saying "Your face would stop a clock" is a bad idea. Its the same thing sort of but... two different reactions for sure.

This seems pretty judgmental to me. I've read through this thread twice and can't see that this "Sepe" person said anything out of bounds. I'm thinking he must have a history and people are just tuned in to jump on him.

I don't agree with arbitrary quotes from the Bible either. You've got to stretch this reference to make it apply to Sepe. I don't see where Sepe claimed to be a Christian. This verse is for Christians in dealing with eachother. You should apply it to yourself and your "wink" comment about his mother. That was freaking rude with or without your wink. (And I am speaking the truth to you, brother ... in love ;) ....).

If this were a Whitney Houston fan site or a "Nice posts only about Whitney" thread, I could understand.

I'm not sure why everyone is jumping down this "Sepe" when the points he has made are valid opinions.

Now, .... talk amongst yourselves.

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here
    Ms. Houston's style of music wasn't something I listened to, but I do think she had an incredible voice. I also find it sad when someone passes before they have lived a "full" life, especially if it's due to the poor choices they have made. To answer your question, I care. Very sad.

That's all well and all. But death is an inevitable part of life. But for someone who just sang for a living, deserves nothing more than any other citizen IMO. How many threads were posted for soldiers that have died in Iraq for us?! Yes, it's sad that someone died. She had a great voice, so what? She has done nothing for me or my family and friends other than sing. Maybe help get someone through a break up. I'd rather commend someone who has sacrificed their lives for something bigger than themselves. I have the utmost respect for people in the Armed Forces, Whitney Houston, not so much. To me she's just another person, who chose a crappy path. People on here can hate on me all they want, she has done nothing for me. I do not know her personally, why should I be anymore sad for her than anyone else? And what constitutes a full life? She has seen and done more in a few years, than anyone could ever imagine doing in their lifetime. I'm not trying to take away from her death, but in reality, all she did was SING!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    How do you know the impetus behind everyone's post? When someone dies, why dwell on the bad things in their life? Yes, Whitney Houston lived a life battling drug and alcohol addiction. She chose a man to share her life who did nothing to build her, but seemed to play a major role with bringing her down to the lowest level possible. Take those two issues out of the equation, what else do any of us know about her? Did she hurt anyone? Did she commit any crimes against others? So, besides being a famous person with demons and struggles, what is the purpose of your not allowing some in this thread to recall the good things about the woman?

I am not dwelling on the bad things in her life. I'm saying that people (the majority of society) do not care unless it is someone famous. Did she hurt anyone? Would you call a life of substance abuse over trying to stay clean for your children not hurting anyone? If you don't believe that she hurt her family by her substance abuse, I really don't have anything to say.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    whitney.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I am not dwelling on the bad things in her life. I'm saying that people (the majority of society) do not care unless it is someone famous. Did she hurt anyone? Would you call a life of substance abuse over trying to stay clean for your children not hurting anyone? If you don't believe that she hurt her family by her substance abuse, I really don't have anything to say.

Of course you can now say, "I really don't have anything to say," but that should have been your thought before posting! Yeah, I'm sure she may have hurt her family. If you were so concerned about her life, why didn't you attempt to intervene while she was alive? I guess since you are so concerned, most likely you have a lot of time volunteering at shelters, abuse centers, etc., right? If so, post a thread asking others to help with your efforts.

This is no attack on you, personally, but just like it's your right to post the "truth," it's my right to post a response, right? For that junkie under the bridge, tell me what role he played in my life? Whitney Houston's song was played at my wedding and some of them remind me of great times with my wife. I gain a heightened sense of pride in my time spent in the sand whenever I watch her rendition of the National Anthem. It may not be enough for you, but some just wanted to post something in honor of those times remembered. So, if you can't understand that, I guess we really don't have anything else to say.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I can understand the value in her songs in a person's life but that doesn't make her any more important than the many other people that die daily that nobody cares about. It isn't my job to go around fixing people but yes, I have done work to help others. Some of them were junkies under the bridge, some were battered women, some have been children that don't have quality home lives. I don't have a problem celebrating the positive but thinking that someone is more important than another is mind boggling. I'm not a Christian but my Christian friends would agree with me on this (I have helped through several of their church functions that help those in need, even though I don't believe the same things as many of them). As for posting a thread about getting people to help, if you don't feel the need to help anyone, I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I can understand the value in her songs in a person's life but that doesn't make her any more important than the many other people that die daily that nobody cares about. It isn't my job to go around fixing people but yes, I have done work to help others. Some of them were junkies under the bridge, some were battered women, some have been children that don't have quality home lives. I don't have a problem celebrating the positive but thinking that someone is more important than another is mind boggling. I'm not a Christian but my Christian friends would agree with me on this (I have helped through several of their church functions that help those in need, even though I don't believe the same things as many of them). As for posting a thread about getting people to help, if you don't feel the need to help anyone, I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise.

Sepe, you have no idea what I do to help others in need. You know nothing about me, other than what I post on this forum. The same goes for me about you. Nowhere in this thread did anyone say Whitney Houston deserves anything more than any other citizen. To say she deserves no mention is beyond reasoning.

I could understand if you posted about the struggles in her life and suggested a source for any INGO member experiencing similar battles in their lives. That would be helpful. How does your non-argument that she doesn't deserve as much value as someone who isn't famous, help anything or anyone? That only seems petty in my humble opinion.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    It hasn't been said in this thread but there have been posts about people being caught with small amounts of a controlled substance and people jump on about how they're just another junkie. When it comes to someone famous, jokes are made or it is defended. That seems extremely petty in my opinion. Also doesn't seem all that Christian. Judge those that don't impact your life but if a person puts out some hits or a few decent movies, the good should be celebrated and the negative ignored.

Going back to hurting her family, her daughter has been arrested for substance abuse issues (along with gun charges). People choose not to pay attention to the negative or the cycle it creates.

As far as the comment about helping others in need, I didn't question your efforts. You were the one that brought that up. About the "you" in the sentence about helping people and it not being my job to convince anyone to help, well...that was a generic you, so I still wasn't questioning your efforts. Simply stating that it isn't my job to convince anyone out there to do something they don't feel the need to do on their own. Also the comment about what role did the junkie under the bridge play in my life...that does sound like because she made music you life, she deserves more of a mention that someone else that had the same kinds of issues.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It hasn't been said in this thread but there have been posts about people being caught with small amounts of a controlled substance and people jump on about how they're just another junkie. When it comes to someone famous, jokes are made or it is defended. That seems extremely petty in my opinion. Also doesn't seem all that Christian. Judge those that don't impact your life but if a person puts out some hits or a few decent movies, the good should be celebrated and the negative ignored.

Going back to hurting her family, her daughter has been arrested for substance abuse issues (along with gun charges). People choose not to pay attention to the negative or the cycle it creates.

As far as the comment about helping others in need, I didn't question your efforts. You were the one that brought that up. About the "you" in the sentence about helping people and it not being my job to convince anyone to help, well...that was a generic you, so I still wasn't questioning your efforts. Simply stating that it isn't my job to convince anyone out there to do something they don't feel the need to do on their own. Also the comment about what role did the junkie under the bridge play in my life...that does sound like because she made music you life, she deserves more of a mention that someone else that had the same kinds of issues.

I have posted in this thread because her music, no matter how insignificant you may consider it, has had a place in my life. I have attended a few funerals for people that have ruined their lives with drugs, he most recent was a cousin of mine. I mourned over the loss of a family member and chose not to recall her issues with the drugs, but the love my family had for her. I have no connection with the hypothetical junkie under the bridge, so that would be the only reason I would not post about them. Not that he is insignificant in any way; just no relationship.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I have posted in this thread because her music, no matter how insignificant you may consider it, has had a place in my life. I have attended a few funerals for people that have ruined their lives with drugs, he most recent was a cousin of mine. I mourned over the loss of a family member and chose not to recall her issues with the drugs, but the love my family had for her. I have no connection with the hypothetical junkie under the bridge, so that would be the only reason I would not post about them. Not that he is insignificant in any way; just no relationship.

I don't consider it insignificant if her music had an impact on your life. I have no problem with that (and there are many artists that I admire for that reason alone). If you help others and have attended funerals for those that have ruined their lives, my issue doesn't apply to you. That is something we can agree on. If you take a step back and look at many of the threads about celebs and common people having the same issues, you'll see the problem that I have. Far too many people place celebs above common people and judge them differently.

For the record, she was a beautiful woman before she lost control of her life and she had a voice that I'd compare to a handful of past legends that also saw a similar end due to personal issues. Not the same style but I'd have put her talent a little below Billie Holiday (one of my all time favorites).

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

1. Because it got her where she is now.

2. Yes, I'd say she hurt the female on the right (along with many other surviving family members):

whitney-bobbi.jpg

3. (Not directed at anyone in this thread, I just laughed when I saw it)

422618_318567904856165_100001088735582_872094_540023764_n.jpg

Top Bottom