Where would you shoot a bad guy in self defense?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    God Forbid I ever have to face this situation but I'll do what's necessary.
    I'd take the best shots available to me. Preferrably lower chest/upper abdomen. IF they make any aggresive movements after that... then finish it off as I see fit

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    controled pair 2 in the chest one in the head

threadnecromancyns1ja0.jpg

:D

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    depends on what they were doing and the escalation of force.. shoot til they stop drop and flop!!
    2 in the chest and 1 in the head usually does it well

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    First, I would jump in my car and run them down along with their friends and steal their money and guns. Then I would hijack a truck, and drive down the sidewalk for a while and run over a bunch of pedestrians. Then I'd drive into the slums and steal a motorcycle, and jump it on to the top of a building downtown. From there, I would use my M-16 and my rocket launcher to defend myself from the police, and eventually the military. I would kill thousands. Then I'd jump off the roof, steal another car and go get a quick paint job, thereby giving them all the slip.

Damn you, Vice City.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    First, I would jump in my car and run them down along with their friends and steal their money and guns. Then I would hijack a truck, and drive down the sidewalk for a while and run over a bunch of pedestrians. Then I'd drive into the slums and steal a motorcycle, and jump it on to the top of a building downtown. From there, I would use my M-16 and my rocket launcher to defend myself from the police, and eventually the military. I would kill thousands. Then I'd jump off the roof, steal another car and go get a quick paint job, thereby giving them all the slip.

Damn you, Vice City.

Wow, You Da Man.

As for me, I would just shoot for center of mass. Whatever is presented to me.

You guys do know that most folks don't just just stand there like a paper target? You probably won't get a perfect sight picture? People move, and move FAST....

Of course you don't realize it, this is the internet where everything is possible.

Don't worry about it now, you are all prepared and ready because you have a ______ 40 caliber with lots of high cap mags.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Personally I'm just going to shoot to hit, don't really care where... If I hit a critical, great, otherwise, I'll just keep shooting till I'm out of ammo, or the threat is neutralized.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Well, what I would do is shoot the bad guy's weapon out of his hand, then shoot it again so it skitters across the ground away from him so he cant reach it!

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Center mass. Shoot to stop, not kill. Do not shoot to wound. If it is OBVIOUS that the person is dead, do not kick the bad guy's weapon away like you see in the movies. Keep it in proximity of where it was dropped. Better for your story. If he is alive give aid (call an ambulance) keep your distance.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    controled pair 2 in the chest one in the head

Good

2 in the chest 2 in the head

Just had to be better?

shoot til they stop drop and flop!!
    2 in the chest and 1 in the head usually does it well

No I think 2 to the chest and 2 to the head trumps that!

right in the ****ing face

Darn right. Skip all that shooting them in the chest stuff. Go right for the head.

Center mass. Shoot to stop, not kill. Do not shoot to wound. If it is OBVIOUS that the person is dead, do not kick the bad guy's weapon away like you see in the movies. Keep it in proximity of where it was dropped. Better for your story. If he is alive give aid (call an ambulance) keep your distance.

:dunno: Why be all sensible and ruin a perfectly good necro-thread.

Top Bottom