Where would you shoot a bad guy in self defense?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RTroy29035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    A quick double tap to the center of mass. If the person is still a threat after that then they receive another double tap. Keep repeating until the threat is neutralized.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Wouldn't it be easier if we just had a "ditto" smiley? It would save a lot of typing for many people. ;)

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    So I'm curious. You're in a situation where you have to defend yourself. Either in your home, on the street, wherever. You pull out your gun, and you shoot the bad guy. Where do you aim for? Do you aim for the head, and take him down with one shot? Or would you aim for the chest, knowing that if you aim high or low, you still get him? You aim for the head, theres a good chance you'll miss, by aiming too low, high, left, right...
    Just curious on other people's thoughts.

Me, I'd aim for the chest. Bigger target. Or I may decide to get a little fancy and aim for his Eggroll. Making him sing falsetto for a very long time :D

Dead Center of chest......biggest target area, contains vitals, and less chance for a deflection than the head.

The ONLY time to use a head shot is when you are fighting Zombies....and always remember to double tap. :rockwoot:

sonofagun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    To answer your question, "Where do you shoot a bad guy?", some assumptions must be made. Obviously I feel I am in fear for my life or serious bodily harm to myself or others. I have already warned the bad guy, maybe even firing a "warning shot", that I am armed and to drop his weapon which he must be threatening me with. I have already drawn a bead on the bad guy and am ready to shoot.

Given those assumptions, I would aim to shoot the weapon from his hand. If I am successful at that, I would then ask or command him/her to lie face down with arms outstretched.

If however I miss the weapon, I would then try to maim the bad guy by shooting him/her in a shoulder or leg, preferrably the knee, which ever target gives me the best shot.

After he/she is wounded, I would again order him/her to release the weapon and to lie face down on the ground with arms outstretched.

If the threat still exists because he/she is not compliant with my demands, and I am still in fear of my life or serious bodily injury, then I would be compelled to shoot him/her in the torso however it presents itself. The bad guy would surely be stopped with that shot. If not I'd shoot again.

I carry a S&W 686 so there's a slight possibility that after six rounds the bad guy might still be a threat, in which case, I would hit him/her over the head with my two and a half pound pistol and then disarm him.

I have given this a lot of thought, as you can see, and have a plan!

Just couldn't help myself!

;)

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Really I would go center of mass inless for some reason the guy has a 50in+ waist but if you are high on the center of mass its a headshot and low itll be a plum shot.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I would shoot him in my underwear, I could , I would. I would shoot him here or there, or anywhere (comic relief by Dr. Seuss)

Top Bottom