Where would you shoot a bad guy in self defense?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AR Maker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Morgan County-MSG2
    I will shoot center mass of the most available target persented and continue to shoot there untill i stop his (assuming the fore mentioned baddie is a he) dangerous or illegal activity, or untill an better target presents itself.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    facepalm.jpg

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Where would you shoot a bad guy in self defense?

Now THATS a silly question, I'll shoot a bad guy in self defense anywhere one may attack me, except maybe in federal buildings, schools or at the airport... at which point I'll have to resort to my H2H and zip ties.:mallninja:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    WRONG...... due some homework your not always going down with 45

there was a recent cases n which an Off duty officer was shot 5 times with a 45 once in the face 4 in the ab and chest and leg he one the fight with a 9mm

another involved a Georgia shooting in which a task force shot the suspect in the head/face with a ump 45 firing golden sabers he lived the round pearced the left side of his face and exited behind his ear

another case was an new orleans officer attacked and shot his attacker 5 rounds of 45 then another in the face while they kept fighting an passer by shot the suspect in the head contact shot and killed him.... dont mistake a wonder caliber for a stopper because its 45 or any other

I personally know a man, Steve Ward, who I worked with in 1982. He was shot in the face at close range by a friend who was displaying a new .45 cal pistol. His jaw was wired shut for 3 months, and I'm sure the reconstructive surgery was painful, but he made a full recovery.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I haven't read all these posts, but the last time I took LEO firearms training (2005) we practiced 2-to-the-body, 1-to-the-head at THREE feet. Anything other than that was COM.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Shoot? He can have the house. I'm running out the back door!:)

Local LEO told me if I shoot someone, even in my own house, I'm the one that's going to be thrown to the floor, handcuffed, taken to jail and stay there until I am proven innocent of murder. He said the only advice he could offer was to contact a good attorney concerning info about shooting someone in self defense because they are going to be the only friend I have if it happens.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    The thread that wouldn't die.

Before anyone else posts the same thing all over again, please go back and read the other posts.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL

Local LEO told me if I shoot someone, even in my own house, I'm the one that's going to be thrown to the floor, handcuffed, taken to jail and stay there until I am proven innocent of murder. He said the only advice he could offer was to contact a good attorney concerning info about shooting someone in self defense because they are going to be the only friend I have if it happens.

Ya gotta love cops that give legal advice. :rolleyes:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

I guess while you are trying to prove your innocence, the intruder will be innocent until proven guilty! :xmad: That's a LEO I never want to answer a call at my home.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

What an idiot.

You need to show your "local LEO" the IN law that says otherwise. If he follows through on those threats then he needs to be out of a job.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I guess while you are trying to prove your innocence, the intruder will be innocent until proven guilty! :xmad: That's a LEO I never want to answer a call at my home.

That's another reason I'm don't want to shoot anybody, if I can avoid it. Some LEO's get real testy if someone OTHER than a LEO has the gall to think THEY have a right to defend themselves.
    As I understand it, YES, you will be arrested; YES, you will spend the night in jail; YES, you will be interrogated and they will try everything they know to trick you into confessing to some crime.
    Say something like, " I was in reasonable fear for my life and shot to defend myself. I'm sure you understand that I am very upset and I would like to have my attorney present before I say any more." And then, SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Ya gotta love cops that give legal advice

And he said it to a roomful of people during a firearm safety course.

LOL. I remember many years ago one of the local cops told me (and I'm sure many of you have heard this same thing) that if I shoot a BG make sure I drag them into the house before you call the police. How times have changed. :)

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Shoot what you can see... Personally I would just hope to hell I wasn't freaked out so badly that I wouldn't miss and hurt a bystander.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    If visible/possible, UCOM... triangle between pectorals up to chin.
    By the way, is there a short list of defense attorneys with the proper 2A/SD mindset? Wouldn't mind having a couple of names & contact numbers on hand should the need... God forbid... ever arise.

dleeharrison

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    After shooting him, I have always wanted to shoot one of the bad guys right in the behind so he couldn't sit down for a very long time. I would also like to touch someone's behind with a 12 gauge loaded with rock salt.

Top Bottom