Where would you shoot a bad guy in self defense?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    After shooting him, I have always wanted to shoot one of the bad guys right in the behind so he couldn't sit down for a very long time. I would also like to touch someone's behind with a 12 gauge loaded with rock salt.

You do realize that makes you a criminal right? You can shoot to defend against a threat. Shooting somebody whos down in the ass with a bullet or rock salt 12gauge is just as if not more unethical than breaking into your house in the first place. It's also more illegal I think. That being said, I've wanted to do the rock salt thing, but in the chest face as a first round while they are still a threat. But in all honesty, I really don't want to have the chance to find out if it's fun or not so I keep 000 Buck in my shotty.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    After shooting him, I have always wanted to shoot one of the bad guys right in the behind so he couldn't sit down for a very long time. I would also like to touch someone's behind with a 12 gauge loaded with rock salt.

You sir have issues....

First let that gay flag fly.... You obviously have an obsession with the male posterior as clearly stated....
    I have always wanted to shoot one of the bad guys right in the behind

Second I hope you are of the homosexual variety it will make your time in prison much more enjoyable for you. Since shooting a person (Male preferably from your statement) after they are no longer a threat you are no longer defending yourself.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    For BG with an impact weapon always go for the pelvis. Any biped will go down in one step with a shattered pelvis. If he has a gun then 2 to the chest and one to the head if possible, right on the tip of the nose is ideal. Shuts the BG off like a switch.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    For BG with an impact weapon always go for the pelvis. Any biped will go down in one step with a shattered pelvis..

+1: on the pelvic cradle advice +1: BG w/knife may still be able to get to you with ill intent even with 2 or more to the COM

Where do people pick up this damn idea at?!

This does not work in the real world. It is almost impossible to even make this happen outside of a static range condition. Very bad idea to try this Pelvic Girdle miracle shot stuff.

If you are going to shoot someone then shot to kill them and be done with it! Shooting to wound or immobilize is just a good way to either become involved in a court case or to be killed yourself. It is just a really bad idea. If someone is intending you harm, you better put your conscience and morals to the side for a little bit.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    If they're zombies, shoot them in the head. If they're not, shoot them in the head anyway, because you just never know.

But where do you shoot Velociraptors???

I really feel like we have begun to ignore such an obvious threat. Have none of you watched Jurrasic Park???

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Shoot to the ground. I'm a fan of the zipper...starting from log central area when the gun first gets on "target" and firing upward in a string.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Where do people pick up this damn idea at?!

This does not work in the real world. It is almost impossible to even make this happen outside of a static range condition. Very bad idea to try this Pelvic Girdle miracle shot stuff.

If you are going to shoot someone then shot to kill them and be done with it! Shooting to wound or immobilize is just a good way to either become involved in a court case or to be killed yourself. It is just a really bad idea. If someone is intending you harm, you better put your conscience and morals to the side for a little bit.
    The info is based on real world data. I got the idea from Massad Ayoob. I figure since I am not an expert I would get opinions from one. The average person can travel 20+ feet in 1.5 seconds. If you think a couple shots center mass will take them out in that time frame go ahead and shoot COM. That kind of stopping power in most handguns only happens in the movies. Make sure you go into court saying that you intended to kill them and not just stop the threat. I am sure they will understand, he deserved it.

Top Bottom