• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    I agree with a few sentiments in this post. First seller can sell to whoever they want, and second age isn't a huge factor ( at least to me) when judging if i should sell a gun to someone, i care way more about how they carry themselves, if they are polite (big indicator of aggression if people are rude or impatient), and lastly if it is legal.

I do think OP might have been more supportive of the sellers right to decline, and that might have made the first few replies a little more sympathetic to your cause.

I'm sure you got a PM or two offering a gun for sale, so this thread probably worked out, but in the future an idea for getting what you want might be building repor with the seller, they might throw the rule out the window and sell to you because they know and trust YOU, and not your age.

Good luck, and sorry you like glocks....(JK, or am i....:P )

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Thank you for all the responses.

For those that are saying that I am whining or complaing because I didn't get my way. Need to read the thread a little better.

In this private sale add the individual states that the buyer must be 21. Although, I respect everyone's entitlement to sell their firearms to whomever they like I did not like this person's response to my question of why they require the buyer to be 21 years of age. I quote "Age 18-21 is a time when a lot of growing up happens."
    The sellers response simply drew up this thread. I am not complaining, and I had no interest in buying from that particular seller because of his requirements. I was simply INQUIRING why he had such requirements. Which made me pose the question of age discrimination in the world.
    That is the point of this thread. Why do people feel the need to stereotype young individuals?

Also I stated my education to establish credibility don't people state their professions before talking about a certain topic hmmm?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Thank you for all the responses.

For those that are saying that I am whining or complaing because I didn't get my way. Need to read the thread a little better.

The sellers response simply drew up this thread. I am not complaining, and I had no interest in buying from that particular seller because of his requirements. I was simply INQUIRING why he had such requirements. Which made me pose the question of age discrimination in the world.
    That is the point of this thread. Why do people feel the need to stereotype young individuals?

Also I stated my education to establish credibility don't people state their professions before talking about a certain topic hmmm?
    I saw the particular ad you were referring to and I believe another stipulation besides the age requirement was that the buyer must have some positive feedback.

You can't catch a break.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    I saw the particular ad you were referring to and I believe another stipulation besides the age requirement was that the buyer must have some positive feedback.

You can't catch a break.

I really had no interest in buying from the seller because of his stipulations, but because of those stipulations it made me pose the question. Believe me I am not huddled up in my bathtub with a bottle crying because I can't buy this guys gun.

Come on there are glocks everywhere!

Last edited:

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    How is it earned when there is no opportunity to earn it?
    circularreasoning.jpg

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Dead or alive?
    Not to get too political but the Dems are screaming because officials in Florida are culling the voting rolls of dead people and those who aren't legal residents. I think Holder's group (I forget the name but it's something like the US Department of Justice or some such silly organization) is even threatening to get involved because minority voters are being "disenfranchised."

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    I really had no interest in buying from the seller because of his stipulations, but because of those stipulations it made me pose the question. Believe me I am not huddled up in my bathtub with a bottle crying because I can't buy this guys gun.

Come on there are glocks everywhere!

Pose the question of why there is age discrimination against young individuals trying to exercise their right to purchase and carry a firearm.

I believe I have been pretty clear.

Top Bottom