mvn9s5.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Not to get too political but the Dems are screaming because officials in Florida are culling the voting rolls of dead people and those who aren't legal residents. I think Holder's group (I forget the name but it's something like the US Department of Justice or some such silly organization) is even threatening to get involved because minority voters are being "disenfranchised."

Dead people aren't a minority. There are way more dead people than living. But I am glad Mr. Holder is working hard on the really tough aspects of his job. It must be tough to undermine the Bill of Rights while ensuring elections can be thrown as necessary.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    You are pretty set on making me out to seem like I'm whining, but yet the there is no tantrum in my OP. All there was a question. But why don't we all be MATURE individuals and not insult each other with name calling.

i think this post and the OP truly show us your maturity level

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    i think this post and the OP truly show us your maturity level
    Because he's getting defensive about a bunch of supposed "pro 2nd a" people piling on, trying to explain to him why he shouldn't have a gun?

He realizes that it is the guy's right not to sell to him. He just doesn't understand it and came to INGO searching for logical answers. He has been given none.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    You are proving my point exactly.

I would like to thank you.
    Some folks aren't happy with the lack of infringements against those under 21
    so they create their own. :(

In such a
    person's world, you probably wouldn't be able to buy a handgun from anyone else
    at your age, either.

Luckily, it's not their world or the law... but it
    is their sale. Move on and find an actual supporter of our right to keep and
    bear arms. :yesway:

Touche. . . . sort of.

As a responsible adult for many years, I'm forced to rely on the bulk of my experience with people btweetn 18-21. Especially involving business dealings that could put my old butt in the slammer. (not necessarily your current transaction under discussion) YOU may be an exception that proves the rule but most young adults have a brain that isn't done growing yet and a shortage of real life experience that causes their decision making capabilities to be decidedly suspect. SOOOO I can see wanting to excercise extra caution in selling a handgun.

His gun, his choice. Find another seller who's not so concerned and don't whine about real life. It's tough. Get a helmet.;)
    (Whining doesn't imply a tantrum. Simple complaining about things that you can't change and that prolly ain't gonna change one their own is enough to constitute a whine.)

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    It does get old, doesn't it? I can't tell anything about a person by reference to a number.

Not about OP's age. It's about the sellers experience with people of that age. I have an 18yr old who's headed for the Navy on 12 Sept. I love him and mostly trust his judgement. Enough that he has his own Beretta 92 as a home defense weapon. ( I've known him 18 yrs. OP's seller prolly hasn't even met the OP.) Do I want to put him in a situation that will cause him to have to make life and death decisions? Not really. Is he gonna have to make decisions like that? Yes. Without a doubt. Hopefully I've given him the basics and a little more that will let him make good choices.

I'm not about denying the OP a weapon. Hope he finds one that fits and is accurate. Hope he can afford to train with it.

Trust is earned. Sometimes the group the TRUSTWORTHy individual is a part of hasn't earned that trust, hence, as a part of said group he'll have to earn it on his own.:yesway:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How is it earned when there is no opportunity to earn it?

Sure there is. Apparently during your 20th year.

Age itself doesn't cause wisdom. You can simply exist for 100 years sitting on the couch and never experience the kind of lessons that make you better. Or, you can experience a lot growing up, learning every lesson that childhood has to teach, and be much wiser for it by age 20. But with age, presumably you've had more opportunity to experience the things that can make you a better person.

Perception rules, and unfortunately a lot of 20 year old males don't help your reputation any. Perhaps you may be an exception, but how should that seller know you're one of the good ones? The perception (perhaps supported by statistics) of youthful irresponsibility is why you can't yet rent a car.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    As is the case with any discrimination, you have to work harder to earn the respect.

So the seller did not respect you and discriminated against you due to your age. What did you do to earn it after that happened?

Top Bottom