• BaseDeltaZero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    South Bend
    Friday, August 3 2012 around 7:30pm
    Wings Etc, South Side of South Bend

A group of guys eating supper and two of them I noticed were OCing. I didn't pay much attention as I was CC. This is the first time I have ever noticed some one OCing other than friends who are LEOs.

gpbrooks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    South Bend

Friday, August 3 2012 around 7:30pm

A group of guys eating supper and two of them I noticed were OCing. I didn't pay much attention as I was CC. This is the first time I have ever noticed some one OCing other than friends who are LEOs.

That would have been my 2 brothers, my nephew, my son and myself. Stop and say hi if you happen to see us there again, we're usually there every Friday night.

lofore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    oc carry

i was in bedford wal-mart this morning when i notice a gentleman walk by the end of the aisle i was in with a pistol on his left hip. this is my first time i remember in bedford noticing some one OC carrying. this could just be i never took notice before reading this website alot lately.

Octomonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Markle
    A while ago at work a customer came up to pay and had a pistol on his hip. I thanked him for carrying and told him I wish more people would. The best part was he was 82 years old.

Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    Connersville, IN Walmart, I have 2 guys that come in regularly OC. When I worked there, the Ass't Mgr asked me if they can do that? I told him, "Yes, unless you have a sign posted at the front entrance, or if they are threatening people with it." Since I was comfortable with it, he didn't have too much of a problem with it (I'm in LE).

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Connersville, IN Walmart, I have 2 guys that come in regularly OC. When I worked there, the Ass't Mgr asked me if they can do that? I told him, "Yes, unless you have a sign posted at the front entrance, or if they are threatening people with it." Since I was comfortable with it, he didn't have too much of a problem with it (I'm in LE).

Signs hold no weight of law in IN, so you're wrong about that. I regularly carry into places that have no firearms signs on their doors. The worst they can do is ask me to leave.

As far as threatening people, well, that's a rather broad description, but mostly true.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    seen a guy come out of the IGA in rockville in. today ocing a glock. he left on motorcycle.

I was COC-ing* there today. I had on a James Yeager-esque tight fitting t-shirt that only covered half of my Serpa holster and printed like it was cool :cool: . Got a few seconds of extra eye-ballin' from one of the stock boys, but I didn't have a motorcycle to ride off into the sunset on... :ingo:

* = "Concealed" Open Carry. There's a piece of clothing covering part of your weapon/holster, but pretty much anyone that eyeballs your waist should see that you are carrying...

Last edited:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    An old man (at least early 90s) walked into a McDonalds in Fulton, KY this afternoon. He had a cute little pearl handled semi auto on his belt in an old holster. Before we left I walked up and asked about the caliber. He said it as a .25. I asked when was the last time he shot it and he said about a year ago! I told him to be sure the ammo was fresh and said I liked seeing him OCing.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    OMW back in from the middle of nowhere Mojave today, we stopped in at a Dennys and a younger couple with their baby and one of their parents came in and sat close by. One was CC'ing something, but I couldn't tell what it was. It appeared to be a Serpa holster. Judging by his build, tattoos, etc. he is/was military of some fashion, but I didn't verify. His dad also had Airborne tat's on his arm.:rockwoot:

Granted, this isn't in IN but I thought it was nice to see carriers in other areas of the country. I wanted to ask what he was carrying, but didn't want to interrupt his nice family get together.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Saw a guy at B&N, University Park Mall, Mishawaka. He was closed carrying a large pistol that stuck out 3 inches below his t shirt which was so tight the rest of it wasn;t hidden.

BrianJacobsen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Carthage
    A Springfield XD 9mm on my hip all day every day here in Indy! I've been open carrying for almost two years now and not had a lick of trouble. Well, other than when a local theater asked me to leave (You can read about that adventure here Adventures in Open Carry: Regal Shiloh Crossing Stadium 18 Cinema Indiana, Indianapolis | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns)

I grew up in Chicagostan so I can hardly tell you how nice it is to live in a place where not only can I open carry but, I don't even get the stink eye from local PD. How cool is that?

I hear people complain about open carry problems here in Indy, that has absolutely not been my experience. And, as an extra added bonus I probably talk to one person a week who'd like to open carry (or carry at all) who thinks it's illegal due to the lovely influence of our lying ass media. Last week a very nice Black lady stopped me in our parking lot after she noticed the gun and asked if I was a police officer. When I explained that I was just a citizen enjoying my right of being armed she got super excited (we live in a kinda bad neighborhood) and asked me in detail what she needed to do to carry legally. I would never have had that conversation if I wasn't open carrying. :D

Top Bottom