• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    About 1:30PM (just a few hours ago), I was at Mike's Car Wash on the southside of Indy (Greenwood, on US 31)...
    As I was pulling out of the bay to pull around and clean out the inside of my truck...

I noticed a guy chatting with a lady and her 2 young daughters just along side the road maybe 20 feet from where I was parked.
    He pointed down the road as if he were explaining where something was, and they both went their ways.
    His shirt slipped over his grip, but he was carrying OWB, some kind of full size pistol. Couldn't tell what kind though.
    He proceeded to cross US 31 and walked down the center median for a minute then crossed to 31 Northbound.

If he'd have stayed on my side of the road, I would have said something...... he just looked like an INGO'er... I could feel it. :rockwoot:

DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    OCing a GLOCK Model 19 in the Gas Station on the east side of Indy on Rockville Rd.

I'll personally never understand the OC concept but thats just me.....

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Try the Zoo...
    sawwhatyoudid.jpg

Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    This happened last Thursday before the big storm hit. I was at Kroger at US24 & I69 in Ft Wayne. On my way into the store I spotted a lady OC'ing while putting her groceries into her vehicle. I commented to her that it was great to see someone open carrying. She responded, thank you. It first time I had contact with someone OC'ing in public.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I'll personally never understand the OC concept but thats just me.....

It's easy, allow me to explain...

With concealed carry, there are two primary steps:

1. Carry a gun.

2. Cover it up so it can't be seen.

With open carry, you simply skip step number 2, so the whole process is greatly simplified:

1. Carry a gun.

That's the basic concept anyway, hope that helps. :)

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    It's easy, allow me to explain...

With concealed carry, there are two primary steps:

1. Carry a gun.

2. Cover it up so it can't be seen.

With open carry, you simply skip step number 2, so the whole process is greatly simplified:

1. Carry a gun.

That's the basic concept anyway, hope that helps. :)

QFT Most important step is always step 1! But do it safely! and quickly!

As much as I OC I really have not seen anyone else unless I'm with fellow INGOer's doing something. I have also read up on this and not been seen by other INGOer's lol.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Saw a guy OC in Thorntons in Evansville and doing it badly. His gun was flopping around like it was attached to a piece of velcro, had a extra large shirt that was pulled up around the gun, and he had to keep grabbing his gun just so it didn't flop around like a fish out of water. To make it even worse, I watched him climb into a decommissioned police cruiser. He definitely should have CC, he looked like an idiot.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Saw a guy OC in Thorntons in Evansville and doing it badly. His gun was flopping around like it was attached to a piece of velcro, had a extra large shirt that was pulled up around the gun, and he had to keep grabbing his gun just so it didn't flop around like a fish out of water. To make it even worse, I watched him climb into a decommissioned police cruiser. He definitely should have CC, he looked like an idiot.

Sigh, another TF sighting...

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Had a cool interaction just about an hour ago.

Was walking out of the Best Buy in Greenwood and noticed an FJ Cruiser (similar in color to mine) pull up.
    Also being an owner of one and having an FJ Indiana wheeling meet coming up next weekend, felt obligated to say something to the owner.
    As he got out, we started chatting about our vehicles. Right then, I noticed the other male getting out of the vehicle was OC'ing a subcompact Sig, OWB.
    I didn't say anything right away because I didn't want to look like a freak switching subjects immediately.

After a few minutes of chatting, I said to the OC'er, "You're carrying, good for you".
    Like the smart man he was, replied "We'd all be better off if everyone did". or something along those lines.
    The main guy/FJ cruiser owner I was talking to immediately lifted up the side of his shirt and was also carrying OWB, but covered by his shirt.

Needless to say, after chatting about guns and off-roading for 10-15 minutes, will hopefully add another rig to our wheeling group this weekend!

Seeing that both of them were carrying (+1 to the OC'er) just made it that much better. :rockwoot:
    We were talking about our vehicles so much that I forgot to mention if either one of them were INGO'ers. Shame on me...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Was it ATM by any chance? :dunno:

Sorry, couldn't help it.

:):

Top Bottom