• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I think there was a young woman (mid twenties-ish) that was OCing some sort of revolver in the parking lot of Wal-Mart in Shelbyville tonight. I was trying to find a parking spot and she was returning a cart a couple of aisles over. I didn't get a good look because she turned around and walked back to her vehicle quickly.

I did see her shirt was behind her holster and it definitely was some sort of firearm.

Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Didn't post this up last week when it happened -1 for me :P

However when my Mom was working here at our store (Horton's Hardware in Tipton) she said a guy came in with a couple of his young kids OCing. She's not happy I carry or have guns, but she's getting more used to it. So I'm proud of her for being comfortable enough and not asking him to leave! So as far as I'm considered I think more guys should come in and see us. INGOers there's a hint ;) :ingo: We've got FUDGE!

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    I think there was a young woman (mid twenties-ish) that was OCing some sort of revolver in the parking lot of Wal-Mart in Shelbyville tonight. I was trying to find a parking spot and she was returning a cart a couple of aisles over. I didn't get a good look because she turned around and walked back to her vehicle quickly.

I did see her shirt was behind her holster and it definitely was some sort of firearm.

Women carrying openly?? Oh my. That IS SEXY!!!!

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    My wife OCs on occasion. She was also riding in the truck with me, so it probably wouldn't have been a good idea to ogle the random chick OCing.
    Dont call it ogling... call it high ... Appreciation....
    you tryin to tell me when youre wife is OC'ing she doent look just a bit more... hot..... to you???
    jus sayin....

BTW saw an open carry at Speedway on route 49 today. M&P 40 in nice OWB leather holster. Good lookn guy.... oh no wait... that was me! wrong thread!!! :rockwoot:

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Greenwood Wal-mart.... about half an hour ago (12:15am):

Was standing in line of about 4 people waiting.
    Noticed a guy (with his wife/girlfriend), mid 30's probably, had a Gen 2 or 3 Glock OWB at 3 oclock.
    Told him Good for him for carrying, and continued to wait.
    As he turned the other direction, noticed he had another (what appeared to be) Glock on his weak side back pocket of his pants.

If you're on here...free rep and a :rockwoot: from me!

Edit: i was OC'ing my Rock fullsize 1911.

Last edited:

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    I saw a bunch of people OCing yesterday. I tried to get them to cover up but they refused. I think they were just trying to look cool and get attention.

Must have been a bunch of people all dressed in Blue at the Dunkin Donut shop. They never will cover up no matter how many times I ask them and are are always looking for attention....

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Must have been a bunch of people all dressed in Blue at the Dunkin Donut shop. They never will cover up no matter how many times I ask them and are are always looking for attention....

Perhaps we ought to inform these guys dressed in blue that OC is illegal in IN, and that they ought to read their durned CC permits before someone is offended.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    Yesterday at the Carmel Post office, there was a gentleman carrying at 6 o'clock tucked into his pants. I couldn't quite make out the make or model of the gun, but I wasn't gonna stare too long at his back side....It actually got me thinking, since I had a brain fart in the parking lot and couldn't remember if the post office was on the no no list. I left my M&P in the car due to uncertainty.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Yes, it is DEFINITELY on the No No list under Fed law. Can you say Felony? The guy is lucky you were apparently the only one to notice!
    (actually there have been cases where they have tried to include the parking lot also as part of the "federal facility" so be stealthy when you leave it in the car...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    really? I've carried into the Greenwood post office about 4 or 5 times now. Very openly, and to the front service desk people. They never said anything?

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    really? I've carried into the Greenwood post office about 4 or 5 times now. Very openly, and to the front service desk people. They never said anything?
    That sign on the front door or near that says NO Firearm/Guns/Weapons allowed in a Federal facility should give it away. I'll snap a pic of the one on my office front door so everyone will no what to look for and post it tomorrow. You arent even suppose to have a pocket knife in there. (not saying i agree with any of it)

If the post office does not have one then they are in violation of signage procedures which are standardized for all Federal facilities.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Top Bottom