• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Young William

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Black Friday shopping at target in Plainfield. Single action revolver and a leather cowboy holster set up. He even had the cowboy hat, boots and belt buckle!

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Sloppy CC with a OWB holster. Costco in Merrillville today, at the food court. He was sitting down with he's wife/girlfriend. Wearing a black sweatshirt. OWB black Safariland holster. Just saw the holster, sweatshirt covering gun.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Larrisons in Seymour Yesterday. One of the cook's(maybe the owner?) was carrying a small pistol I couldn't identify in an OWB leather holster. Older guy, white beard.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Gander mountain.. Alreadat least once a day. You name it, I've seen it. Hi points in shoulder holster was my favorite.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Saw a guy at Kroger last week, Thompson/Emerson. He was on his way out while I was going in. Two-tone, kydex OWB. I think I've seen him there before.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Friday night - pizza delivery guy. He knew me from school (his brother was in my class) and when I saw he was carrying a compact polymer frame, I asked him about it and turned to show him mine.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So Saturday was big day for OC. Sunshine and 60s in Indy.

Went to Gander Mountain to pick up my Remington 783. Signs at the front say no carry, so I was surprised to see a guy in a red t-shirt with an OC Glock, and the t-shirt very specifically tucked in behind the handgun. The employees weren't saying anything, so I figured he was special. On my second glance, I realized there was no mag. Which made me even more confused. Open carrying, totally empty, seems like just doing it for show.

OTOH, my CC'ing, loaded, left no one the wiser.

Then drove over to Costco to get gas. One lane over was a guy OCing something. He was having a problem, so the attendant had to come over. No issues. Was waiting for an opportunity to introduce myself, but didn't want to interrupt whatever was going on with the attendant. Seeing 2 OCers in 10 minutes was definitely different.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    So Saturday was big day for OC. Sunshine and 60s in Indy.

Went to Gander Mountain to pick up my Remington 783. Signs at the front say no carry, so I was surprised to see a guy in a red t-shirt with an OC Glock, and the t-shirt very specifically tucked in behind the handgun. The employees weren't saying anything, so I figured he was special. On my second glance, I realized there was no mag. Which made me even more confused. Open carrying, totally empty, seems like just doing it for show.

OTOH, my CC'ing, loaded, left no one the wiser.

Then drove over to Costco to get gas. One lane over was a guy OCing something. He was having a problem, so the attendant had to come over. No issues. Was waiting for an opportunity to introduce myself, but didn't want to interrupt whatever was going on with the attendant. Seeing 2 OCers in 10 minutes was definitely different.

Interesting on the no carry sign at Gander. Unless they`ve changed their policy, they have welcomed carry, open or concealed.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yesterday at the Forum in Crawfordsville. A guy at the table next to us had a snubby .38 in a (sturdy, properly fitted) nylon holster at about 5:00 on his belt.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    Saturday going east bound from Cumberland on US40. Guy on a nice black Harley OCing what looked like an SD9VE or 40. Lots of serviceman slogans on his leather, likely a former. Smiled and nodded as he passed.

Mike

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    :thumbsup:

What was the name of the place? I'd like to add it to my "must visit if I'm in the state" list ;)

Old Time Barbecue in Raleigh. 6309 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27606 is the address. It was pretty good! Very hometown feeling, family run I think (one of the employees referred to the other as "Ma" a couple times).

Top Bottom