• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    At the Flying J/Wendy's off 65N atexit 240. Man with his 2 kids with a 1911 varient on his left hip and a double mag ouch on his right...

After he sat down, I over heard 2 women in line saying something to the effect of "I don't know why you would carry a gun when you are with your kids..."

:wallbash:

the stupid is strong with her.

bubbazap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    Had to stop in Wallyworld today (god I hate that place) and as I was leaving in walked a guy wearing a shirt that stated "Yes I know I have a gun" looked on his hip and there it was at about 4 oclock. Heard two people comment as I left the store.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    At the Flying J/Wendy's off 65N atexit 240. Man with his 2 kids with a 1911 varient on his left hip and a double mag ouch on his right...

After he sat down, I over heard 2 women in line saying something to the effect of "I don't know why you would carry a gun when you are with your kids..."

:wallbash:

When I've heard that, responded, "Aren't you? Don't you love your kids? What's your plan if some crazy person walks in and starts shooting people, maybe a mad ex-boyfriend of someone here? How will you protect your kids?"

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Yesterday.
    COSTCO.
    Revolver. High at 9:00.
    I couldn't see quickly what it was. But well blued. Not from this decade. Nice looking revolver.

Since the gentleman was being helped as he fitted himself into a COSTCO scooter, I declined to give him a thumbs up.

If it's the new one on County Line Rd., they didn't have their "no guns" signs up, yet.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    :mullet:Saw my first oc in Noblesville on Sunday. Speedway on sr32 east of town. Guy in his late 40s. Couldn't tell what kind of gun (semi auto) since the uncle Mike's floppy holster and his loose belt had the gun almost upside down.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Avon Wal-Mart deli: 60-ish male with a Mustang shirt/hat and a full-size 1911 in a Serpa cocked and locked. The finish caught my eye, not blued, not matte, not SS, it looked grey.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    This dillhole.
    0903161935_zpsz8uqe8ph.jpg

White River State Park on Saturday evening/night (as my wife and I were getting ready for the Glo Run)

Huge dip in his mouth - which meant he was spitting every where. Classy camo fishing had with "kiss my bass" on the back of it.

Had a large-frame Glock stuck in the waistband of his shorts secured with not-a-gun-belt. He may have been attempting to conceal his pistol - but if so, it was a horrible miserable fail.

wildcatze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville
    Cabellas in Noblesville. Guy had his pistol on the right hip and two extra mags on the left. Couldn't tell what he was carrying but his setup looked well put together.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Saw a younger guy at the Greenwood Meijer last night. Was OCing a Ruger LC9 or 9s that he was carrying IWB. I think he was with his parents, but am not sure. Not that it matters.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana

Co. Ln. Rd. / Emerson Ave Wal-Mart in Greenwood.

XD + crappy plastic Fobus paddle holster - with the paddle outside the pants. Couldn't determine the belt.

If I were a mope prone to moping, I could've had the gun in about 2 seconds.

Retention holsters, people, retention holsters! (and if you're gonna wear a paddle holster, put the paddle on the inside yer britches!)

Compglock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 10, 2015
    Brownsburg
    Saw a mid 20's male w/ wife or gf. open carrying as he was leaving Cheddars in Avon last Friday. OWB kydex holster.
    I saw him through the window as he passed so I couldn't make out brand of firearm but looked to be similar in size to G19

seagullplayer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Crawford Co
    Two guys riding motorcycles at a gas station in Orleans. They where with a group of folks.
    One of them looked to have a S&W SD9VE, could not see the other well enough.

(On Labor Day)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

XD + crappy plastic Fobus paddle holster - with the paddle outside the pants. Couldn't determine the belt.

Retention holsters, people, retention holsters! (and if you're gonna wear a paddle holster, put the paddle on the inside yer britches!)

In his defense, some Fobus holsters are are so tight that they are effectively retention holsters . . . but they won't give-up the gun to its owner either!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    ....... (and if you're gonna wear a paddle holster, put the paddle on the inside yer britches!)

There are a few holsters that are made to be worn between the pants and belt. There was a thread about that a while back but I can't seem to find it. IIRC, the XD gear stuff is made to be worn like that. So his holster could be the one that came with the gun.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Some older gent with some black poly at Meijer's on Lima Road in FW at 5pm. Had a cain and a heavy limp, looked like he got it in the war.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

He may also want to consider moving the gun to the opposite side if he carries a cane.

Pretty hard to draw with something constantly in your gun hand.

Top Bottom