• ...and so much more!
  • GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    At Utterback Supply in Indy. Guy in a tan work uniform shirt and jeans. Couldn't tell exactly what he was carrying, maybe an older smith semi?

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Few nights ago on duty, Myself and two other officers were eating at Wendy's for dinner and in comes a guy open carrying a 1911.

I immediately demanded to see his papers! JK ;)
    Nobody said anything...

Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    Few nights ago on duty, Myself and two other officers were eating at Wendy's for dinner and in comes a guy open carrying a 1911.

I immediately demanded to see his papers! JK ;)
    Nobody said anything...

Im glad to hear a lot of these police dont say anything stories. Its my one thing about starting OC when I get my LTCH. I'm fine with people saying ****, but an Officer is a different story.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I forgot to mention: I was in the Kroger (er, Krogers) in Plainfield last Friday night, and saw a guy open-carrying a full-size pistol of some sort, while shopping for some vitamins or medicine. It didn't seem to bother anyone, nor did anyone say anything to him. I was in a hurry to finish, so I could head out to Terre Haute for Homecoming; otherwise, I might have chatted him up, or at least said, "thanks."

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Saw a goofball OC'ing some kind of cheap semi-auto at Meijer last Sunday afternoon.

Terrible holster, terrible choice of where to carry it.

It was IWB on his right side between his thigh pocket and his back pocket. GRIP FORWARD.

No real way to get it with his left hand if he intended SOB carry. And horrible terrible positioning if he wanted to grab it with his right hand. *sigh*

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Im glad to hear a lot of these police dont say anything stories. Its my one thing about starting OC when I get my LTCH. I'm fine with people saying ****, but an Officer is a different story.

Most of us won't hassle you for it. If someone does, if you're not breaking any laws, you'll be fine. Demand the officer's supervisor immediately.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I forgot to mention: I was in the Kroger (er, Krogers) in Plainfield last Friday night, and saw a guy open-carrying a full-size pistol of some sort, while shopping for some vitamins or medicine. It didn't seem to bother anyone, nor did anyone say anything to him. I was in a hurry to finish, so I could head out to Terre Haute for Homecoming; otherwise, I might have chatted him up, or at least said, "thanks."

I OC at the Kroger on Thompson near Beech Grove all the time, and have never had anyone say a negative word.

Most of us won't hassle you for it. If someone does, if you're not breaking any laws, you'll be fine. Demand the officer's supervisor immediately.

So far I find this to be true. I have had Officers see me in Kroger, had a female Officer behind me in line, and none of them said a word to me.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I saw a fella OCing a 1911 at the local liquor store here in Lafayette. I told him "Nice choice of a weapon". We discussed 1911's.

I've been OCing for about 3 years now. I've never really had a negative comment, I have had some discussion motivated by curiosity, but most people are usually complimentary of my choice of weapon or simply of the fact that I'm carrying.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I OC at the Kroger on Thompson near Beech Grove all the time, and have never had anyone say a negative word.

I'm sure I'll run into you there one day. Live right nearby, that's our go-to grocery.

If you see a G23 in a brown/red Don Hume leather holster, that's probably me.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'm sure I'll run into you there one day. Live right nearby, that's our go-to grocery.

If you see a G23 in a brown/red Don Hume leather holster, that's probably me.

:yesway:
    I met another OCer there a couple years ago, said he was a member here but I forgot his name :\

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    1:15pm at Kroger in Speedway. There was a gentleman with his wife and daughter. Couldn't see the make of the gun but it was black in a serpa holster.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sunday evening @ Danville's Ellis Park. Two younger (than me) men and a little girl (guessing the daughter of one of them). What appeared to be a plastic handgun in a nylon OWB holster.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Quite likely complete ignorance on my part, but why should you ask for a supervisor right away? Is it more likely to diffuse the situation quickly?

Absolutely try! If the officer is being bull headed about it, and thinks you're breaking a law, get his supervisor out there. Let him hold your gun if need be, and wait patiently. When his supervisor straightens him out in from of you, I doubt he'll make that mistake again.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Absolutely try! If the officer is being bull headed about it, and thinks you're breaking a law, get his supervisor out there. Let him hold your gun if need be, and wait patiently. When his supervisor straightens him out in from of you, I doubt he'll make that mistake again.

Thank you for the information! And thank you for what you do!

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I've been seeing folks OC up in New Castle. Been up there for job training the last three weeks, and have one more week left to go, and have seen more OC there in that short time than I have back home in the last couple years.

And sadly for me, I can't even conceal carry up there since I am driving a state issued vehicle and parking it on state property and sleeping in a state owned building... I feel so naked without carrying... -_-

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Friday, another sighting at the Sunoco station heading north out of Crawfordsville. A guy fueling his truck had a small polymer framed pistola in an IWB holster on his left side. I didn't approach or say anything because he looked like he didn't want to be approached.

Top Bottom