• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Ah I didnt know that.. Thats a though one for me.. I freakin love Chipotle, but on the other hand I need to support Gun Rights.. Hmm

If I concerned myself with the desires of others regarding my own lawful exercise of my natural rights, I suppose I would be extremely limited in where I could ever carry, anywhere. Thus, my rule is: if it's not communicated in a legally-binding manner, I ignore it.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    I know I have!

Ah I didnt know that.. Thats a though one for me.. I freakin love Chipotle, but on the other hand I need to support Gun Rights.. Hmm

It was easy for me to do as I never ate there before the whole anti-gun thing. It was kind of a big deal for a minute. A bunch of guys oc'ed rifles in there after they publicly said they didn't allow firearms inside.

Anyway, I try to give my money to businesses that don't hassle me on how I carry. Afterall, it's corporate america that runs our government. The more money the anti-gun corporations have, the more political funding they can give.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Wal-Mart in Madison. Fella was waiting in the Customer Service line behind a half dozen others I'd say. Was "OCing" his IWB rig because he had his shirt tucked into his pants and his gun tucked into the small of his back. Would be concealed with a jacket, but he had none.

We made eye contact and I was the dude who nodded at you with glasses, a hat and a INGO shirt.

gotguns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    Dollar General in Bedford area. Guy was carrying a SAA clone or Ruger Blackhawk, couldn't tell exactly from a distance. Saw two more guys at WalMart full OC. All carriers were sporting nylon holsters with the button down or velcro strap. Carry on, maybe look into a better holster. :)

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Speedway gas station in spencer.

Dude hopped out of a jeep. Was carrying 1911(maybe?) cross-draw. We passed in close quarters inside the shop. I noticed him move his left arm to cover/protect the gun as I passed on his left side.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have started OC'ing around our family farm. I don't know if that counts as there is very little traffic in the way of other people. I still conceal carry in public because, well, 5 year old girls scare me.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Saturday when I was filling up at BP after the Elkhart show. Young-Middle Age (don't wanna offend anyone :P) , got out of a Dodge Dart, nylon OWB, not sure on the gun. Looked like maybe a revolver. I watched for the guy to come out but he didn't come out before I was done.

I was CCing my XDm 9 compact at the time.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    Dollar General in Bedford area. Guy was carrying a SAA clone or Ruger Blackhawk, couldn't tell exactly from a distance. Saw two more guys at WalMart full OC. All carriers were sporting nylon holsters with the button down or velcro strap. Carry on, maybe look into a better holster. :)
    I see folks OC'ing in Bedford just about every single day. Probably 90% of them are "cheap holster" guys.

When I get all fancy and head up to Bloomington I usually see someone there OC'ing too. It's almost always "the family guy" out for dinner with his wife and kids. Nicely dressed, well-mannered, not bothering anyone sort of folks. (Though he's also sporting the same, cheap, Uncle Mikes generic nylon holster the dudes in Bedford wear.)

I'm of the opinion that nobody really notices except us. When I used to OC quite often, the only people that noticed were kids (at eye level) and homeless guys (sizing me up to be LE or a threat). Everyone else is oblivious. Even cops don't really care because they've already noticed whether you're situationally significant or not. The gun on your waist is irrelevant.

gwingo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Indysub
    While walking to the Fishbone in Greenwood last Saturday night I Saw someone OC at the nail salon right next door. Too quick to id the make.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I saw my first OCer since I moved to Indiana six months ago Saturday. I had popped into a vape store in Avon to buy some juice and there was a younger gentleman sitting at one of the tables sporting what looked to be a Glock 26 in a kydex holster.

Chris

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    While at McDonald's on LWE in Mishawaka the other day I saw a mid 20's young man carrying a semi auto in what appeared to be a Serpa.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    I saw someong OCing at the Spencer Walmart this evening. A single stack of some kind, open carried IWB in the small of the back.

If you are the one who was doing this PLEASE DON'T! You have no control over your weapon. You can be easily disarmed, not to mention if you are shoved down you have no access to your weapon and you will probably have a fractured spine.

Top Bottom