• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Open carry is not for the faint of heart. The number of people who will confront you is going up every day. If you are reported by some subject, the police may have to shoot you to find out you're a good guy. Either way one carries, the risk is huge of a police encounter.
    lost

Really? My encounters with people while OCing have all been good. Asking about getting involved in guns, my opinion of the gun they are thinking of buying and the like. The only time LE has ever said anything to me was because he was wondering why I OC. Never any problems.

We have an entire sticky on OC vs CC in the carry issues and self defense forum. Might want to read it.

Welcome to INGO also.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Really? My encounters with people while OCing have all been good. Asking about getting involved in guns, my opinion of the gun they are thinking of buying and the like. The only time LE has ever said anything to me was because he was wondering why I OC. Never any problems.

We have an entire sticky on OC vs CC in the carry issues and self defense forum. Might want to read it.

Welcome to INGO also.

He's just trying to get his 50. He was on a run this morning, then had some posts deleted. But, welcome to INGO I say as well, and check out these threads prescut:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/71996-open-carry-argument.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...3-where-did-you-oc-today-thread-part-2-a.html

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Open carry is not for the faint of heart. The number of people who will confront you is going up every day. If you are reported by some subject, the police may have to shoot you to find out you're a good guy. Either way one carries, the risk is huge of a police encounter.
    lost

I don't know. I'm pretty faint of heart, and I OC.
    But you're right about the police.
    My darn insurance keeps threatening to drop me cause of all the times I've been shot while OCing.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I need to work on these acronyms... OC I am thinking pepper spray... Lot of posts for people hosing each other down. Maybe I need a note pad.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Open Carry OC

Concealed carry CC

If you don't mind........how do you get pepper spray from OC? Not being a jerk but just wondering?

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    If you don't mind........how do you get pepper spray from OC? Not being a jerk but just wondering?

No that's cool...

OC is the stuff the cops carry... Or the more potent stuff... I guess... Got a bunch from my step father. No idea what he was doing with fire extinguishers of the stuff. One of these days I am going to break one in the garage. (accidentally of course).

5oz pepper spray police strength oc17 p486

Well looks like we all hit at once...

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    When I was in the parking lot at Kroger in New Albany (State St.), as I was going in to the store, I passed a gentleman OC'ing on his right hip (no, I didn't have time to notice what it was - other than black and scary...). The funny thing is that when I got in the store, everything had already returned to normal. There was no sign of the chaos that surely had taken place.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I saw an older guy leaving Casa Brava in Bedford yesterday, OCing, IWB...I couldn't make out what he was carrying as he was past my wife and I when I noticed.

Sawed off

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2014
    South bend
    Just my thoughts on oc. If I was a "bad" person out to do some harm and I saw someone oc that would be the first person I harmed as they would be a threat to me.

Top Bottom