• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I fear all of the Leftists who call 911 and or freak out when they see a gun. I generally just CC
    Good idea. there are nearly 70 pages of people relating stories where every time we OC, Leftists call 911 and freak out when they see us OCing.

Oh yeah, I OC'd to Meijer on Cleveland & Portage in SOuth Bend. Also to the Phillips 66 across the street.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I OCed today outside my bank. I missed the drive-up hours by 15 minutes and had to use the night deposit box. As the ladies walked outside I went up to ask them a question. They gladly helped me and never looked scared or said a word about the gun.

I also OCed in Walhell today with my neighbors who needed a ride to get a cake. Not one look nor issue.

Same at the PACKED Speedway gas station, sorta. Had one guy asked if that was a Jericho. Said yes, he shook my hand and said that was a nice pistol. That was about it. :D

:thumbsup:

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Columbia City gun show and the Columbia City Walmart. I was supposed to shoot today and it didn't happen. I was dissapointed.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    I'm getting used to OC'ing on a more frequent basis....Carried at McDonalds and Meijers on Portage in SB and the speedway gas station at bypass/brick....no strange looks at all. I frequently OC in the Quiznos on Portage as well and have gotten to know the staff there and they always thought I was LEO, but now they know I'm excercising my rights and have never said anything negative about my choice to OC. I still choose to CC when I'm with the wife and little ones, but am feeling more comfortable when I do choose to OC.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I'm getting used to OC'ing on a more frequent basis....Carried at McDonalds and Meijers on Portage in SB and the speedway gas station at bypass/brick....no strange looks at all. I frequently OC in the Quiznos on Portage as well and have gotten to know the staff there and they always thought I was LEO, but now they know I'm excercising my rights and have never said anything negative about my choice to OC. I still choose to CC when I'm with the wife and little ones, but am feeling more comfortable when I do choose to OC.
    :rockwoot:

Well if you see a good looking guy OCing in that area, it might be me. I OCd there yesterday (see my above post).

I actually prefer OC to CC when I'm with my wife and kids. It makes people who freak out (I've never seen it happen) look more ridiculous--you think I'm here to shoot the place up when I've got my wife and 3 little ones with me?

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado

Well if you see a good looking guy OCing in that area, it might be me. I OCd there yesterday (see my above post).

I actually prefer OC to CC when I'm with my wife and kids. It makes people who freak out (I've never seen it happen) look more ridiculous--you think I'm here to shoot the place up when I've got my wife and 3 little ones with me?
    I never really thought about it like that. When I OC (almost always) I usually have my kids with me. I guess it would be kind of hard for someone to freak out because of a pistol on a persons hip when that person is busy asking his kids if they want apple dippers or fries.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend

Likewise....some say I resemble a young Brett Favre (even though I'm a Cowboys fan and don't care for the comparison based on my football allegiance)...I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya

It's good to know there is someone frequenting the same places I do OC'ing and hopefully the places we frequent will get more and more comfortable with us citizens exercising our rights. I think I may start OC when out with the wife and kids sometime soon. My 4 year old knows Daddy has something in his belt under my shirt when we go out....but I have yet had the conversation with him that my Dad (a :drill:) had with me about proper respect for firearms and proper firearm safety. My wife was raised in a quasi anti-gun home and she is beginning to see that the good guys need to be able to protect ourselves and our families from those that intend to do us harm and take that which is not theirs. Growing up in the house of a Marine, I obviously have the same view as the majority of members here and choose to live the way I do. I'm glad this board is here to let me know I'm not alone in my views.:patriot:

gestu1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Oc'd at Walmart in Elkhart last week by accident. My shirt was caught. No one said a word.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    OC at McDonald's today. Another customer struck up a conversation with me when he saw my warthog. Said he has an HK, I forget what kind. Unfortunately, while we were talking he says he carries when he goes to Chicago *face palm*

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    At the BMV in Anderson to get my license renewed! Lady at the check in said "I think you may be spooking some people" and then patted her hip to show she meant by my OC'ing. I said, "Yeah those things happen"! She said, "It doesn't bother me, I have my life time permit but I can't carry here on the job." I explained that everyone in my family has the lifetime permit (wife, kids, parents, etc) and that "I fought too hard to protect those rights to not used them". She agreed with me, smiled and sent me on my way! While waiting in line I had already spoken to the people in front of me and behind me in line and they were all very pleasant and didn't seem to have any issue at all with my OC'ing. God Bless America!

OC'd also at Wally World, The Pet Store, usual places. No problems at all.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Your a brave man Anderson. I always cover up when I go into the BMV in Beech Grove. I know they would throw a fit in there.

I also cover up because of the fact that it is hard to maintain situational awareness in there. Your back is to everyone most of the time and there will always be people walking behind you close to you.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well good then. In 6 days when I have to go to the BMV I'm gonna OC too. If I go to jail I'm kickin your arse! :laugh: J/K

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Well good then. In 6 days when I have to go to the BMV I'm gonna OC too. If I go to jail I'm kickin your arse! :laugh: J/K

Like I said the lady at the front reception area was just a sweetheart!

FYI, I also had to RETAKE the damn test because our wonder government said I had to many points on my license to just renew automatic. You see I had rolled 1 stop sign 2 months ago (only ticket in 53 years) and that is 6 points against your license! Now get this............................going 26+mph over the speed limit in ALSO 6 POINTS!

While the following are only 4 points!
    • 16 to 25 mph over the speed limit
    • Illegal U-turn
    • Unsafe lane movement
    Go figure!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Like I said the lady at the front reception area was just a sweetheart!

FYI, I also had to RETAKE the damn test because our wonder government said I had to many points on my license to just renew automatic. You see I had rolled 1 stop sign 2 months ago (only ticket in 53 years) and that is 6 points against your license! Now get this............................going 26+mph over the speed limit in ALSO 6 POINTS!

While the following are only 4 points!
    • 16 to 25 mph over the speed limit
    • Illegal U-turn
    • Unsafe lane movement
    Go figure!

It's all about MONEY!!!! :xmad:

:laugh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sor9GzivGbk]YouTube - The Money Song[/ame]

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Believe it or not there was NO EXTRA FEE! So they didn't want more money! I think they enjoy being a pain in the *** so much more!

Good luck and let me know how it turns out!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom