• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    In front of my house. Neighbor kids screamed HE'S GOT A GUUUUUUN! :laugh: Not the first time and they all know I do. They just like to make a big deal of it. I've sat and talked with them about it before. I think they just like to see if it embarrasses me :D

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Nothing new for me. Walked to Burger King in Hammond and then to the Walgreens across the street to return some redboxdvd movies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    when people say they OCd in their house or in their yard mowing, does that really count?

Not to me. I OC in my own home all the time. Especially out in my yard. If your neighbors don't know you own guns, then yea, it would count. But only if you try to educate them! :D

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Not to me. I OC in my own home all the time. Especially out in my yard. If your neighbors don't know you own guns, then yea, it would count. But only if you try to educate them! :D

Haven't been able to educate them. Not a single one has asked about them, except for a four year old boy who asked why I carry a gun. "Because it's my duty to protect my family, and this is one tool that helps me do that."

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    FIL asked me the other day why I carried (he lives in AZ and owns firearms but doesn't carry). I was in a good mood so jokingly said cause I can't carry a cop. He was serious though and went into a whole line about losing your temper and accidently shooting someone from road rage, etc. I explained to him that I was an adult and could control myself and don't have an issue with anger. I believe he was doing a little projecting and rather than call him on his own insecurities, deflected the conversation onto another subject.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Exactly, why would you shoot someone when you are operating a much bigger and better weapon?

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    i OCd at meijer on illinois road in ft wayne......only 2 people asked which is more than i have ever had ask me. One of the people was a handicap gentlemen asking if i was a cop.....i said no and he walked away lol. The other was a very nice guy he was CC his XD45 and says OC is nothin but trouble and i scare people. I didnt get mad or have a smart *** comment but i said I am a leagle citizen with a license to carry i have the option.....so we went back and forth on the pros and cons of both OC an CC....very very nice guy we talked about reloading guns etc etc........good 15 mins in the snack isle with the chips, nuts, and other goodies....I reffered him to OUR wonderful community and told him he should sign up that there are a bunch of great people on here.

firefighter4884

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Evansville
    I OC around the house usually because I haven't put any kind of cover shirt on over the firearm yet.

In addition, when I spend time at the gun shop I frequent (I have a bad habit of just hanging out). I'll open carry my firearm (the owner does the same.)

--Jim

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    This morning at Denny's US31 & County Line at the meet and greet breakfast. Heard one comment. Was walking by a booth with two guys in it. Saw the guy facing me looking at my hip. As I walked by I heard him say f'ing sweet.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Went to Applebee's, B Dalton, and Dick's last night in Bloomington. Had my G-19 on my hip the whole time "flopping around on my skinny pants belt in a black Uncle Mike's nylon holster". No biggie.

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    I went to Mens Wearhouse in Castleton on Wednesday while OCing my CZ 75B. The guy that was measuring me for my suits was ex-military and was saying they get a lot of police officers in there so they are used to people who OC. He also told me that they can sew in extra lining in the suit on the side that you carry so that it won't tear up the suit and that they will replace the extra lining once it gets worn down from carrying your gun while wearing your suit. I thought that would be helpful for anyone out there who may carry while wearing a suit and has a problem (or is worried about it) tearing up the suit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom