Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to PNC today, my teller was just doing my business... the teller to my right asked "So what do you do? Are you off-duty police or something?"
    "Nope"
    "So you just carry...?"
    "Yep"
    "You understand that would make people like us nervous?"
    "Heh, sorry?"
    "Everyone is taking notice..."

My teller looks and says "Oh! I didn't even notice it with how he's standing."

The other one just kept looking at me disappointed XD

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Went to PNC today, my teller was just doing my business... the teller to my right asked "So what do you do? Are you off-duty police or something?"
    "Nope"
    "So you just carry...?"
    "Yep"
    "Heh, sorry?"

I bank at TCU. Never had anyone, including the cops that do security, say anything to me.

That's ridiculous. If the teller was actually nervous, I doubt he/she would have said anything. I don't talk to people that make me nervous, but that's just me...

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Well it wasn't "today" as the thread title states, was actually last Saturday. I took my wife into a high end jewelry store to get the battery in her watch changed. There's an off duty police officer there at all times, not always the same guy. The officer working Saturday had a Sergeant's badge, and looked like he'd been around the block a few times, meaning he had a no-nonense all-business look on his face. While we were waiting, my wife and I were checking out some pricey Rolex's which happened to the case next to the officer's desk. So I was literally standing 4 to 5 feet away from him, he got a bird's eye view of my holstered Kimber. I saw him checking out my Kimber, then we made eye contact. All he said was "good morning", and I continued about my business. I've been observed by other officers too, none have ever said anything to me. But the jewelry store guy was by far the closest.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Went to Walmart for golf balls, gas station, golf course (helfrich hills), donut bank, next we have Shoe Carnival, mall (will cc) and Walmart again.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I bank at TCU. Never had anyone, including the cops that do security, say anything to me.

That's ridiculous. If the teller was actually nervous, I doubt he/she would have said anything. I don't talk to people that make me nervous, but that's just me...

People just like to try to force others to match their own ideal. You didn't fit into hers; so she tried to make you uncomfortable about it.

Went to Golden Corral, (why do I insist on going there? I feel so sick afterwards every time...) and then with the fiancee over to JoAnns fabric store.

As usual, no comments. Couple of dirty looks at the restaurant, but whatever; half the people in there couldn't have made the arduous trek over to our table in the corner if they had wanted to anyway...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "Nope"
    "So you just carry...?"
    "Yep"
    "Heh, sorry?"

You could have said, "You don't want only the bad guys to have guns, do you?"

msteiner17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yesterday after work, went to Fifth Third Bank on Lima Rd to make a deposit, and then sat and talked with the manager for about 10 minutes to open a new vacation savings account. Then made a quick trip over to Lowe's. Nothing was said at either place.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Wal Mart, Cabela's, and Pilot for gas. A lady at Pilot said something like "where's your jacket, you shouldn't be showing me that thing" but you could tell by the tone of her voice, she wasn't serious.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Dunkin' Donuts, Speedway Gas Station, Aurelios Pizza, local mechanic's garage for an oil change, Munster car wash (sit inside while they wash). Each stop was active with customers. Not one comment from anyone.

One of the employees at the car wash left a bottle of window spray in my passenger's seat. I didn't realize it until after i left. I returned it on the way home, got out of my truck and brought it inside and handed it to one of the employees. Again, not a word.

There was a group of elderly gents sitting aroung an outdoor table at Dunkin' Donuts. They glanced as I walked past, but said nothing and went back to their conversation.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    I generally dont get any remarks. My county is pretty small and noone bothers you. I did get some kid in Kroger ask me if I was a cop.
    People generally dont try to bother people with guns

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    lll throw up my schedule for the day..

Hucks gas, Donut Bank, Mall, Buffalo Wild Wings, Best Buy, HH Gregg, Pet Smart, and maybe a movie tonight with my better half. Plan to be OCing every where, except the mall.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Brozinni's in Greenwood, then Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and then Walmart. Only thing that was said was a 14 year old asked me on my way into Michael's, "Is that a Glock or a SIG?" After I told him it was a SIG he said "Nice!" and walked off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom