• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Foxtrum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    A variety of gas stations, and once at work. I feel more... empowered, i guess. Still getting used to it on me in the car.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Starbucks, liquor store, Walgreens

The "security guards" at the Greenwood Kroger have never said anything to me. I've seen a couple of different ones, and I'm quite sure they are Kroger employees, judging by how they clock in like everyone else.

I bet if you looked real close at the "badge" they wear, it's probably nothing official.

They're always at the self-checkout, and I'm always using those. Obviously they see my 1911 every time, but seeing as they're armed with nothing but a badge, I can't imagine them trying to kick someone out. It's just loss-prevention.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Must have had a different security guard who didn't know about your hooliganism.

Nah, he probably saw me buying a case of beer and went to go find the proverbial liquor store clerk that always says you can't buy alcohol while you're carrying a gun. :rolleyes: The kroger employee that checked my ID at the self-checkout definitely saw it, and he didn't say anything about it.

Today I OC'd to HuHot Mongolian Grill for lunch. Not bad, but I prefer BD's up in Castleton. Also, my girlfriend was disappointed by their lack of shrimp and scallops.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Starbucks, liquor store, Walgreens

The "security guards" at the Greenwood Kroger have never said anything to me. I've seen a couple of different ones, and I'm quite sure they are Kroger employees, judging by how they clock in like everyone else.

If they're clocking in, then they are employees, but they might also be LEO's too, doing off duty side work. Not all are, but some are. And some will act like they are LEO's, even if they aren't. Those were the only ones to clock in and out. The rent-a-guards never used our time clocks and were considered "contract security."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If they're clocking in, then they are employees, but they might also be LEO's too, doing off duty side work. Not all are, but some are. And some will act like they are LEO's, even if they aren't. Those were the only ones to clock in and out. The rent-a-guards never used our time clocks and were considered "contract security."

I've seen two sorts of "guard" at Krogers. I've seen the off-duty LEO at the front door, in the black uniforms. And I've seen the gray-shirt guys standing around the self-checkout. I think they're the employee ones.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Yesterday, the BMV, Best Buy and a Chinese take out place for lunch. Oh, and around my grill as I grilled up some ribs, steaks, chicken and chops. Meat for the next few meals is cooked.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Big day today. Went down to the river front to have a picnic with the fiance. That was nice. Then stopped by the rehab hospital to visit grandpa and say hi. He wasn't happy about being there, but it shouldn't take him long to get back on his feet.

Then, over to Orion Arms where we picked up a new toy for my fiance, (details over here -> New Shotgun for the Fiance! - INGunOwners )

After that, we went up to Meijer. As we passed the cheese area, a lady went into a seizure and fell into the cheese cooler. Got her out on the ground, called an ambulance, and kept her on her side and calm until the paramedics arrived. Meijer people got my name and info, gave my statement of events to the paramedics, and then caught up with my fiance to finish our shopping. Surprised that no one asked if I was a cop, honestly. Being one of the few people who stopped to help, and also OC'ing a G17. As I walked out of Meijer, one of the employees was behind me and said "Oh, you're a scary one!"

I chuckled and said "It wasn't my intention," as I continued out into the parking lot.

Anyway, carried on from there up to the parents house to try out the new toy mentioned above. (It was a blast.) On the way up, stopped in at Hi Tek in Sellersburg for more ammo and a target. Also told them to put back a very nice looking M44 they had on the shelf there; best looking stock I have ever seen on one, honestly.

On the way home, we hit Bass Pro shops to look for another stock for that new shotgun. Nothing there. So we went over to Dicks Sporting goods; again, no luck. Then we hit Dairy Queen on the way home. Delicious ice cream.

After getting home, took out the trash. As I was walking to the dumpster, little neighbor kids zips by on his electric scooter thingy.

"Are you a cop?"

"Nope."

He makes another lap around the parking lot, and as he passes by again,

"Are you a fireman?"

"Nope."

One more lap around the parking lot, and he comes back.

"So what are you?"

"I'm just taking out the trash buddy."

He seemed satisfied with that answer; at least, he zipped around the lot a few more times and left me alone.

All in all, productive day; new guns, lots of OC encounters, got to help out some lady...very nice.

And finally, a picture of the fiancee with her new toy, (with my stock attached to it. We'll get her a different stock soon, I'm sure.)

20120419_181029.jpg

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Ate at Red Robin the other night. Waiting for a table, I sit next to a lady that leans over and asks me, "So, what kind of police officer are you?"
    I replied, "I'm not a police officer."
    She then asked, "What about a security guard?"
    I said, "Nope."
    She then asked, "So why are you carrying that handgun?"
    My response, "I carry for personal protection."
    She responded, "Well very good then. I have one at home myself."

That was that. I also thought to myself, it sure is doing you a lot of good at home, huh?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom