• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    You must have missed the earlier threads.
    It's not that You are a danger to 5 year old girls.
    The danger is, 5 year old girls can steal the gun from you.
    It was a comment made by a police officer to one of our members.

Yeah, I just read that. Thanks. I had no idea they were so dangerous! By his theory, I should have been disarmed several times by now. I wonder how anyone would get my gun out of a level 2 retention holster, especially when it's being protected by a Ka Bar TDI. You reach for my gun, it's go time. You're going to die, or wish you were.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    OC'd for the first time today at a gas station (Thorntons) in Greenwood. It felt a bit weird since I only recently started carrying at all. I know I had a couple people take a second look and I felt like I was being glared at but oh well. I actually wasn't intending to OC since i only have an IWB holster for the moment but I was helping a guy move and was hot and didnt want to put my sweatshirt back on. (my tshirt was tucked in):ingo:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OC'd for the first time today at a gas station (Thorntons) in Greenwood. It felt a bit weird since I only recently started carrying at all. I know I had a couple people take a second look and I felt like I was being glared at but oh well. I actually wasn't intending to OC since i only have an IWB holster for the moment but I was helping a guy move and was hot and didnt want to put my sweatshirt back on. (my tshirt was tucked in):ingo:

I know they're used to seeing me OC in there. I live just down the street.

Today, Starbucks, Meijer, Khols, Staples, Mi Pueblo

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Well, first time OC for me today. Bear with me...just baby steps today... all I did was go to the gun range...and it was empty to boot! Although I darn near did strangle myself getting in/out of the car with a Glock 26 strapped on... Geez.... Lucky I'm all still in one piece.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Wal-Mart in Columbus shopping for socks and underwear. I went up to Franklin to the bank (closest branch for that one) and noticed a sign on the door. Sign says, "No firearms on the premises." I though it was rather nice of them to inform everyone that they do not have any firearms and therefor I should be prepared to bring my own. Just to complete my business, I halfheartedly pulled my sweatshirt over but didn't care if it peeked out.

I took off my sweatshirt as it got warmer and OC'd the whole time I was negotiating a deal (negotiating, not finalizing), and back to WM for the Mrs. (it's no secret she works there)

I went to negotiate another deal this evening (negotiated, no deal) and hybrid carried again (trying to be nice). Stopped at Taco Bell and saw another open carrier. I said that it was good to see another OCer. I asked him if bacon meant anything to him. He looked at me quizzically and said, "Pig?" I said, "INGO?" I was hoping that I could come back here and say I saw so-and-so at Taco Bell. Shucks.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'm 32, and I can't recall ever seeing anyone OC besides hot sauce and gunshop employees. I'm admittedly too yellow to OC at this point, but it's fadding fast. CC quite offen.

I used to openly carry hot sauce.

If you smack the bottle just right, you can lob a little bit into the bad guys eye, temporarily blinding him. It works. :D

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Wal-Mart in Columbus shopping for socks and underwear. I went up to Franklin to the bank (closest branch for that one) and noticed a sign on the door. Sign says, "No firearms on the premises." I though it was rather nice of them to inform everyone that they do not have any firearms and therefor I should be prepared to bring my own. Just to complete my business, I halfheartedly pulled my sweatshirt over but didn't care if it peeked out.

I took off my sweatshirt as it got warmer and OC'd the whole time I was negotiating a deal (negotiating, not finalizing), and back to WM for the Mrs. (it's no secret she works there)

I went to negotiate another deal this evening (negotiated, no deal) and hybrid carried again (trying to be nice). Stopped at Taco Bell and saw another open carrier. I said that it was good to see another OCer. I asked him if bacon meant anything to him. He looked at me quizzically and said, "Pig?" I said, "INGO?" I was hoping that I could come back here and say I saw so-and-so at Taco Bell. Shucks.

I bet the guy at taco bell thought, man that guy was weird. :laugh:

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    A nearby city park....
    Dog walkers, sight seers, some folks doing laps on the side walk, a few fishermen along the river all seemed to give it hardly a notice (though a few people making laps in their cars did tend to start the car back up and drive away as I walked by), young girl playing on the swing sets (she looked a tad older than say 5); even the local PD was there, gave them a wave as I walked by and had it returned (same as all the courteous "hello"s exchanged with the other walkers). All in all a nice little walk with some great weather.

I also OC'ed around the neighborhood this evening walking the dog, but nobody else was outdoors in the area to see it, so did I really OC?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to BJ's Brewhouse for dinner.

here's the funny one: When I got back home, I walked out to check the mail. The neighbor was mowing his lawn, and stopped mowing. He walked over and says he applauds me for carrying, and we talked for a bit. Apparently he carries as well! Showed me his Kahr. I've lived here 5 months or so and only just now found out my neighbor carries.

This is pretty awesome.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Some of you may know,(and most won't care) that I moved to Virginia, since my LTCH is not recognized in Va, I can't CC....but bought a Blackhawk belt holster for my P11, and away I carried today........... Petsmart,a motorcycle shop, Walmart, and Food Lion!!! yay OCing in old Virginny

us marine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Went to menards, the girl at the check out asked if I had a ltch, thought I was about to get hasseled, nope. She said..she had put in for ltch,herself. The wait was killing her. I thought that was awesome. She was young, couldn't have been much more than just legal to carry.

Then got a hair cut, stoped at the gas station.

I haven't been oc'n very long, but man it feels good!

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Today I OC'd in the Commons Mall, Wal-Mart, and Jimmy John's in Columbus, as well as to Greensburg Motorsports and a liquor store in Greensburg.

I was CCing my Shooters N' Scooters shirt under my sweatshirt today.

ironmanran

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Lafayette
    +1 Never told us the most important part. Was she good looking? From my experience Menards seems to like to hire their fare share of lookers . Nothing better than young gun toting beauties. :D

Went to menards, the girl at the check out asked if I had a ltch, thought I was about to get hasseled, nope. She said..she had put in for ltch,herself. The wait was killing her. I thought that was awesome. She was young, couldn't have been much more than just legal to carry.

Then got a hair cut, stoped at the gas station.

I haven't been oc'n very long, but man it feels good!

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Went to BJ's Brewhouse for dinner.

here's the funny one: When I got back home, I walked out to check the mail. The neighbor was mowing his lawn, and stopped mowing. He walked over and says he applauds me for carrying, and we talked for a bit. Apparently he carries as well! Showed me his Kahr. I've lived here 5 months or so and only just now found out my neighbor carries.

This is pretty awesome.

Hah. Wish my neighbour was that cool.

I OC to the mailbox too, and working in the yard, on the car etc. He just hassled me for it.

TotinOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Hancock Co.
    Went for a bike ride in Shelbyville

Got bored,... went for a bike ride and to have a smoke. Man, it was cold.
    I had to wear socks with my sandals. Shelbyville drivers are maniacs.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Got bored,... went for a bike ride and to have a smoke. Man, it was cold.
    I had to wear socks with my sandals. Shelbyville drivers are maniacs.

ohoq9.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom