• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    You must have missed the earlier threads.
    It's not that You are a danger to 5 year old girls.
    The danger is, 5 year old girls can steal the gun from you.
    It was a comment made by a police officer to one of our members.

Yeah, I just read that. Thanks. I had no idea they were so dangerous! By his theory, I should have been disarmed several times by now. I wonder how anyone would get my gun out of a level 2 retention holster, especially when it's being protected by a Ka Bar TDI. You reach for my gun, it's go time. You're going to die, or wish you were.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    OC'd for the first time today at a gas station (Thorntons) in Greenwood. It felt a bit weird since I only recently started carrying at all. I know I had a couple people take a second look and I felt like I was being glared at but oh well. I actually wasn't intending to OC since i only have an IWB holster for the moment but I was helping a guy move and was hot and didnt want to put my sweatshirt back on. (my tshirt was tucked in):ingo:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OC'd for the first time today at a gas station (Thorntons) in Greenwood. It felt a bit weird since I only recently started carrying at all. I know I had a couple people take a second look and I felt like I was being glared at but oh well. I actually wasn't intending to OC since i only have an IWB holster for the moment but I was helping a guy move and was hot and didnt want to put my sweatshirt back on. (my tshirt was tucked in):ingo:

I know they're used to seeing me OC in there. I live just down the street.

Today, Starbucks, Meijer, Khols, Staples, Mi Pueblo

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Well, first time OC for me today. Bear with me...just baby steps today... all I did was go to the gun range...and it was empty to boot! Although I darn near did strangle myself getting in/out of the car with a Glock 26 strapped on... Geez.... Lucky I'm all still in one piece.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Wal-Mart in Columbus shopping for socks and underwear. I went up to Franklin to the bank (closest branch for that one) and noticed a sign on the door. Sign says, "No firearms on the premises." I though it was rather nice of them to inform everyone that they do not have any firearms and therefor I should be prepared to bring my own. Just to complete my business, I halfheartedly pulled my sweatshirt over but didn't care if it peeked out.

I took off my sweatshirt as it got warmer and OC'd the whole time I was negotiating a deal (negotiating, not finalizing), and back to WM for the Mrs. (it's no secret she works there)

I went to negotiate another deal this evening (negotiated, no deal) and hybrid carried again (trying to be nice). Stopped at Taco Bell and saw another open carrier. I said that it was good to see another OCer. I asked him if bacon meant anything to him. He looked at me quizzically and said, "Pig?" I said, "INGO?" I was hoping that I could come back here and say I saw so-and-so at Taco Bell. Shucks.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'm 32, and I can't recall ever seeing anyone OC besides hot sauce and gunshop employees. I'm admittedly too yellow to OC at this point, but it's fadding fast. CC quite offen.

I used to openly carry hot sauce.

If you smack the bottle just right, you can lob a little bit into the bad guys eye, temporarily blinding him. It works. :D

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Wal-Mart in Columbus shopping for socks and underwear. I went up to Franklin to the bank (closest branch for that one) and noticed a sign on the door. Sign says, "No firearms on the premises." I though it was rather nice of them to inform everyone that they do not have any firearms and therefor I should be prepared to bring my own. Just to complete my business, I halfheartedly pulled my sweatshirt over but didn't care if it peeked out.

I took off my sweatshirt as it got warmer and OC'd the whole time I was negotiating a deal (negotiating, not finalizing), and back to WM for the Mrs. (it's no secret she works there)

I went to negotiate another deal this evening (negotiated, no deal) and hybrid carried again (trying to be nice). Stopped at Taco Bell and saw another open carrier. I said that it was good to see another OCer. I asked him if bacon meant anything to him. He looked at me quizzically and said, "Pig?" I said, "INGO?" I was hoping that I could come back here and say I saw so-and-so at Taco Bell. Shucks.

I bet the guy at taco bell thought, man that guy was weird. :laugh:

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    A nearby city park....
    Dog walkers, sight seers, some folks doing laps on the side walk, a few fishermen along the river all seemed to give it hardly a notice (though a few people making laps in their cars did tend to start the car back up and drive away as I walked by), young girl playing on the swing sets (she looked a tad older than say 5); even the local PD was there, gave them a wave as I walked by and had it returned (same as all the courteous "hello"s exchanged with the other walkers). All in all a nice little walk with some great weather.

I also OC'ed around the neighborhood this evening walking the dog, but nobody else was outdoors in the area to see it, so did I really OC?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to BJ's Brewhouse for dinner.

here's the funny one: When I got back home, I walked out to check the mail. The neighbor was mowing his lawn, and stopped mowing. He walked over and says he applauds me for carrying, and we talked for a bit. Apparently he carries as well! Showed me his Kahr. I've lived here 5 months or so and only just now found out my neighbor carries.

This is pretty awesome.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Some of you may know,(and most won't care) that I moved to Virginia, since my LTCH is not recognized in Va, I can't CC....but bought a Blackhawk belt holster for my P11, and away I carried today........... Petsmart,a motorcycle shop, Walmart, and Food Lion!!! yay OCing in old Virginny

us marine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Went to menards, the girl at the check out asked if I had a ltch, thought I was about to get hasseled, nope. She said..she had put in for ltch,herself. The wait was killing her. I thought that was awesome. She was young, couldn't have been much more than just legal to carry.

Then got a hair cut, stoped at the gas station.

I haven't been oc'n very long, but man it feels good!

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Today I OC'd in the Commons Mall, Wal-Mart, and Jimmy John's in Columbus, as well as to Greensburg Motorsports and a liquor store in Greensburg.

I was CCing my Shooters N' Scooters shirt under my sweatshirt today.

ironmanran

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Lafayette
    +1 Never told us the most important part. Was she good looking? From my experience Menards seems to like to hire their fare share of lookers . Nothing better than young gun toting beauties. :D

Went to menards, the girl at the check out asked if I had a ltch, thought I was about to get hasseled, nope. She said..she had put in for ltch,herself. The wait was killing her. I thought that was awesome. She was young, couldn't have been much more than just legal to carry.

Then got a hair cut, stoped at the gas station.

I haven't been oc'n very long, but man it feels good!

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Went to BJ's Brewhouse for dinner.

here's the funny one: When I got back home, I walked out to check the mail. The neighbor was mowing his lawn, and stopped mowing. He walked over and says he applauds me for carrying, and we talked for a bit. Apparently he carries as well! Showed me his Kahr. I've lived here 5 months or so and only just now found out my neighbor carries.

This is pretty awesome.

Hah. Wish my neighbour was that cool.

I OC to the mailbox too, and working in the yard, on the car etc. He just hassled me for it.

TotinOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Hancock Co.
    Went for a bike ride in Shelbyville

Got bored,... went for a bike ride and to have a smoke. Man, it was cold.
    I had to wear socks with my sandals. Shelbyville drivers are maniacs.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Got bored,... went for a bike ride and to have a smoke. Man, it was cold.
    I had to wear socks with my sandals. Shelbyville drivers are maniacs.

ohoq9.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom