• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    OC at Chik-Fil-A tonight then to Walmart in South Bend where I'm pretty sure I saw fellow INGO'er NavyVet. He was walking out of Walmart OC his Glock and I was walking in OC my M&P.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I had a great OC experience on Tuesday. I went in to the restaurant I work at to check my schedule for the upcoming week. One of my fellow employees approached me with "I see you have your license to carry a handgun... How do you get one of those?" I had a conversation with her about how to get the license and where to go if she had any questions (*cough* INGO *cough*). She told me that her parents were thinking about getting her a small pistol that she could carry with her to protect herself now that she's away at college by herself. One of my more... effeminate managers walked up in the middle of the conversation and almost immediately passed out from sheer terror. He thinks guns are "scary" and "unnecessary". My coworker laughed and said she grew up around guns. Her high school curriculum included getting a hunting license! I wish my high school had offered those kinds of classes. :(

I left there, ran a couple errands, and then stopped by Longhorn Steakhouse to say hi to a friend that was working. While I was sitting and talking to her, a man on his way out stopped to ask me about my pistol and holster. I was explaining the retention system on my Blackhawk SERPA, and he turned to his girlfriend and said "hey honey, come check this out!". They seemed to be very impressed with the holster. My friend (who doesn't have a problem with guns) was just standing there, head-in-hand, sighing... "you boys and your guns". That statement was met by two sheepish grins from us guys, and an indignant "hey, I like guns too!" From the gentleman's girlfriend. I couldn't have been more pleased with that response. :D

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    At my place of employment though I was off duty. Guy who I'd seen the day before and earlier in the day said to me:
    "Man, you really must like this place to come back in your down time... they should pay you for armed security..." I nodded and said: "Yeah, no kidding".

This fellow is a Sgt up at Hammond PD. Really nice guy.

Customers like him make my job worth while :D

Also walked around S'ville Walmart buying Easter candy and no-one said anything.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Her high school curriculum included getting a hunting license! I wish my high school had offered those kinds of classes. :(
    We actually did that in 8th grade at my Middle School (yes, here in Central Indiana). At the end of the class we actually took a field trip to Atterbury's range and shot .22 rifles. In my high school... well... we had a class where you built your own muzzle-loader (from a kit) however you were never permitted to place the barrel on the stock on school property... Sadly I believe none of this exists at the schools I attended any longer.

The schools never had issues from it, but I am sure sheeple made waves eventually.

dhisle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Union County. Indiana
    I open carry everyday that i am not at work. i have a ketec .32 for when i am at work. the only problem i have EVER had is at a rest area, the attendant stated that i could not carry in the building. i told him it was not posted on the door. he was on the phone at the time with "his boss" he walked away a few feet and came back and said "i am sorry sir, i thought you werent allowed to carry in here, my manager on the phone said it was ok, as long as you werent totin a shotgun"

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I open carry everyday that i am not at work. i have a ketec .32 for when i am at work. the only problem i have EVER had is at a rest area, the attendant stated that i could not carry in the building. i told him it was not posted on the door. he was on the phone at the time with "his boss" he walked away a few feet and came back and said "i am sorry sir, i thought you werent allowed to carry in here, my manager on the phone said it was ok, as long as you werent totin a shotgun"
    Can you not carry long guns? I mean i have never tried but the thought has crossed my mind. Each persons thought of personal protection varies. :D

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    walmart. (3:20 ish AM). the looks= terror and ghastly white faces. when someone mustered up the courage to ask a guy wearing a camo jacket, a radio on the waistband, dress clothes, (me on lunch-break) why i felt it was necessary to carry a gun if i wasn't a police officer.
    i simply asked him why i shouldn't be able to if it was in my constitutional rights. he nodded and agreed. asked what caliber it was, replied .45 auto. after an enlightening conversation with him regarding crime and the amount of crazy people these days, it seemed as if he was going home to fill out some paperwork. :)

overall, nice fella. just an uneducated person who needed a word or two about his rights spelled out to him.

Djestr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Frankfort, IN
    Oc'd to Wal-mart, Bank, Dollar Tree, and to a friends house.

And now that I know how dangerous 5 year old girls are, I can be extra big time aware, and avoid them at all cost.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Hello all, first post. I got my G21 a month or so ago and have put about 300 rounds through it. I have found that I am not one of those people who pick up a gun for the first time and make a group....I need practice. Anyway I wanted to start carrying it (it's intended purpose) but I found that I have a hell of a time concealing it. I just feel it's do big to carry iwb and even on my hip with my shirt thrown over it, I am not hiding much. It's clear I am carrying.

So I did some research and found you guys. Wait....I don't HAVE to hide it!....I can just carry on my hip!! OOOOOOH happy day lol. I can be comfortable and help teach Hoosiers that guns are not scary in every case! So I practiced what I would do with LEO encounters and non LEO encounters from research here and was ready to OC for the first time.

Wife said he wanna go for a ride? Jumped on it, holstered up, grabbed the LTCH, started the truck up where we going babe? Walmart........ Well, I guess if you gonna do it, jump right in.

So we are there about 30 min, I am nervous as hell but things are going ok, few looks, one actual double take but I read all about this, I knew it would happen. Then when I was in the guns and ammo section of all places the young mother, her daughter and what I assumed to be her husband walk up to me. Her eyes are all big and I could tell she was.....not happy.

She goes "Hey! Can you carry you gun like that???" I looked down at my weapon. "Yes, Indiana doesn't define how a gun is carried, just that you can if you have a license" She goes "Around all these kids??" Yes. "What if my daughter grabs for it??" Please teach your child not to grab for guns....cops do like that... "Is it on lock down"? (I have no clue what that meant) Mam it's fine trust me that gun is not going anywhere.

At this point she turns to the walmart employee behind the ammo counter. Can he do that? Can he carry his gun that way? Yes mam he can. I walked away thinking well....awesome, first time out and I am already making scences.

Now I continue shopping and I notice, I am see said crazy women alot. I realised she is following me. Every isle I go down...there she is staring at me. I don't know what she thought I was going to do but she watched my wife buy cake mix, cake pan, socks and a birthday card...

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So I did some research and found you guys. Wait....I don't HAVE to hide it!....

She goes "Hey! Can you carry you gun like that???" I looked down at my weapon. "Yes, Indiana doesn't define how a gun is carried, just that you can if you have a license" She goes "Around all these kids??" Yes.

"What if my daughter grabs for it??"

"Is it on lock down"? (I have no clue what that meant)

Welcome to INGO

If someone ask why you carry around kids, ask them why they DON'T. Their money is guarded in a bank, with guns. Aren't their children that important. What happens if a psychopath walks in? Reading the paper, we all know that never happens.

Little girls grabbing your gun seems to be a big point. Look up previous points with the search feature. Personally, I think you only have to worry about little Ninja girls. But I could be wrong.

Lockdown. Tell her lockdown is a jail term, and your pistol isn't allowed in jail.

I think you handled it well.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Hello all, first post. I got my G21 a month or so ago and have put about 300 rounds through it. I have found that I am not one of those people who pick up a gun for the first time and make a group....I need practice. Anyway I wanted to start carrying it (it's intended purpose) but I found that I have a hell of a time concealing it. I just feel it's do big to carry iwb and even on my hip with my shirt thrown over it, I am not hiding much. It's clear I am carrying.

So I did some research and found you guys. Wait....I don't HAVE to hide it!....I can just carry on my hip!! OOOOOOH happy day lol. I can be comfortable and help teach Hoosiers that guns are not scary in every case! So I practiced what I would do with LEO encounters and non LEO encounters from research here and was ready to OC for the first time.

Wife said he wanna go for a ride? Jumped on it, holstered up, grabbed the LTCH, started the truck up where we going babe? Walmart........ Well, I guess if you gonna do it, jump right in.

So we are there about 30 min, I am nervous as hell but things are going ok, few looks, one actual double take but I read all about this, I knew it would happen. Then when I was in the guns and ammo section of all places the young mother, her daughter and what I assumed to be her husband walk up to me. Her eyes are all big and I could tell she was.....not happy.

She goes "Hey! Can you carry you gun like that???" I looked down at my weapon. "Yes, Indiana doesn't define how a gun is carried, just that you can if you have a license" She goes "Around all these kids??" Yes. "What if my daughter grabs for it??" Please teach your child not to grab for guns....cops do like that... "Is it on lock down"? (I have no clue what that meant) Mam it's fine trust me that gun is not going anywhere.

At this point she turns to the walmart employee behind the ammo counter. Can he do that? Can he carry his gun that way? Yes mam he can. I walked away thinking well....awesome, first time out and I am already making scences.

Now I continue shopping and I notice, I am see said crazy women alot. I realised she is following me. Every isle I go down...there she is staring at me. I don't know what she thought I was going to do but she watched my wife buy cake mix, cake pan, socks and a birthday card...

Welcome to :ingo: and way to keep your composure.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ..."Is it on lock down"? (I have no clue what that meant)...

She might have been inquiring if your model of pistol had a manual safety switch engaged or possibly if your holster had active retention features.

Her obvious blurting issues may have prevented articulate communication at the time, but at least you were prepared to respond to her questions calmly and logically.

Nice job and welcome, but don't expect that much excitement most times you carry. Blurters are fun but rare. :D

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    OC'd to RiteAid to pick up my grandfathers prescription. He's been getting a lot of them lately, so they know me there now. They get them ready when they see me walk in. No comments on my G17.

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    Oc'd yesterday to Wal-Mart on Keystone to pick up some .22 value packs, then to the Forum Credit Union in Broad Ripple. Midway through the day, I decided I wanted a new video game, so I went to the Exchange in Broad Ripple. They didn't have the game I wanted, so I hit up their store in Castleton.

After that, my wife and I walked through the So-Bro neighborhoods up to town and had some dinner at La Piedad. On the walk home we stopped at Starbucks. A couple of kids were out in front of the store selling candy for a fundraiser. One of the boys asked me not to shoot him. I promised him that I wouldn't, and gave him a dollar. He then asked me if I was a cop, and I just said that I was a regular guy.

We walked the rest of the way home and called it a night. Thank goodness those weren't five year-old girls selling the candy. My day may have ended up so much differently.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom