• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have been minus firearms for going on 3 weeks... sniff, sniff...

But I have been drinking a LOT of GREAT beer here in Germany!!! 2 more days and back to the suck I go...

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I CC'd at Church Sunday and then went to a local Taco Johns for lunch afterward. While there several people from Church came in and see my Ruger. I had it OC then. Anyway, there were a couple comments I didn't agree with and some less than agreeable looks sent my way.

Three of the people I have had one on one conversations with and now they were looking at me like I just boned a quadriplegic right in front of them.

I didn't say anything, because the Pastor at the Church gave me his OK to carry at Church, so they can do and or say what they want.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I CC'd at Church Sunday and then went to a local Taco Johns for lunch afterward. While there several people from Church came in and see my Ruger. I had it OC then. Anyway, there were a couple comments I didn't agree with and some less than agreeable looks sent my way.

Three of the people I have had one on one conversations with and now they were looking at me like I just boned a quadriplegic right in front of them.

I didn't say anything, because the Pastor at the Church gave me his OK to carry at Church, so they can do and or say what they want.

Don't let the Sheeple pressure you into not being ready to protect yourself (and them) in the event of a church shooting like in the article below.

The statement from the article below (Church Shooting in Feb 2010) made by one of their city councilmen just makes me laugh. All it will do is infringe upon the rights of the law abiding citizen because police can already find any reason they want to justify a vehicular search of actual bad guys.

City Councilman Nat Bates said he will try to restore a long-abandoned local ordinance allowing police to randomly search vehicles for weapons and contraband. Had it still been in place, he said, the men might have thought twice about carrying a gun.

Richmond church shooting victims aid police - SFGate

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OC'd going to get some dinner. Stopped at a Chicken joint and a guy was in there selling movies. He got all nervous for a while and then finally asked if I was a cop. I said no and he was pretty friendly from there. Left there and went to CVS to pick up a perscription...No issues there.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I open carried to Best Buy in Terre Haute yesterday afternoon. I walked in and kinda stood in the mobile phones section waiting on a rep to be available. When one finally was, he came around, saw my sidearm and said, wide-eyed, "Uh... you're carrying a gun. I don't think I can talk to you." Now, I'll admit that I had intentionally stuffed my umbrella into my back pocket right behind the gun so that if anybody asked, "Why do you have that?" I could just answer, "In case it rains." But I was unprepared for what he'd said. So I just proceeded to start saying, "Well, I'm here to—" "You want to preorder, I know. You're wearing an Apple t-shirt; I got it." ":D Yep! Thanks!"

After I got my preorder done, I wandered around the whole store for a while. Terre Haute just got its Best Buy a few months ago, so I wanted to see what all was there. Not a bad store, IMHO. Although a coworker says it's a bit light in the appliances department. Plenty of HDTVs though!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I open carried to Best Buy in Terre Haute yesterday afternoon. I walked in and kinda stood in the mobile phones section waiting on a rep to be available. When one finally was, he came around, saw my sidearm and said, wide-eyed, "Uh... you're carrying a gun. I don't think I can talk to you." Now, I'll admit that I had intentionally stuffed my umbrella into my back pocket right behind the gun so that if anybody asked, "Why do you have that?" I could just answer, "In case it rains." But I was unprepared for what he'd said. So I just proceeded to start saying, "Well, I'm here to—" "You want to preorder, I know. You're wearing an Apple t-shirt; I got it." ":D Yep! Thanks!"

After I got my preorder done, I wandered around the whole store for a while. Terre Haute just got its Best Buy a few months ago, so I wanted to see what all was there. Not a bad store, IMHO. Although a coworker says it's a bit light in the appliances department. Plenty of HDTVs though!

When ours opens up. I'm going to run in and say..............This is a robery. Give me the bigest LED TV you have right now, or the Manager gets one!

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Is there a list of gun-friendly (and gun-unfriendly) businesses on INGO? I got fed up with my bank when they posted their silly policy on their doors, and I'm considering moving my account somewhere else, but it'd be nice to have a list of IN businesses.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Is there a list of gun-friendly (and gun-unfriendly) businesses on INGO? I got fed up with my bank when they posted their silly policy on their doors, and I'm considering moving my account somewhere else, but it'd be nice to have a list of IN businesses.

who cares what their dumb sign says. its not legaly enforcible in Indiana. If they ask you to leave then leave and find another bank. Most members on here have posted possitive encounters while OC'ing in their banks.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I will say one thing---the tellers at 5/3 in Merrillville certainly work faster when I OC :D

The 5/3 on Wabash near 3rd in Terre Haute has it posted on their door that they don't want guns in there. So I just go to the one on Poplar, which has no such signs. I OC there every time I go. One of the times when my business included needing to speak with a manager, she asked about my sidearm, and we chatted for a bit about it. There was no fear in her, only curiosity. They've got no problems with me carrying, so that's where I bank.

If there were no 5/3s here who didn't mind, I don't even know what I'd do. Either ignore the signs and OC anyway, or maybe just CC, or maybe close my account altogether. But I really like that bank and the features my account has, so I dunno if it'd be worth it to cancel the account and go elsewhere when I could just CC and save the trouble.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    who cares what their dumb sign says. its not legaly enforcible in Indiana. If they ask you to leave then leave and find another bank. Most members on here have posted possitive encounters while OC'ing in their banks.

Very true. I'm just trying to figure out whether it's worth it to change banks on principle. The bad thing about that is that banks are bought and sold so often (which is what happened here). You try to support a local business, and then they're bought out by a big, politically correct mega-bank.

I thought I had heard someone say that 5th 3rd was installing metal detectors at the doors. Is that true?

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Very true. I'm just trying to figure out whether it's worth it to change banks on principle. The bad thing about that is that banks are bought and sold so often (which is what happened here). You try to support a local business, and then they're bought out by a big, politically correct mega-bank.

I thought I had heard someone say that 5th 3rd was installing metal detectors at the doors. Is that true?

Use a credit union. ;)

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Bdubs, Terre Haute. Bunch of hotties walked in; they had to be a team of some sort, either volleyball or - probably - basketball, because they were all athletic and well above the average female height with legs that went on for miiiilleeesssssss :) I love summertime :yesway:

Oh, and nobody got shot. So, always a plus.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Danville Community Park. Took a walk with the missus and the little miss last night. Stopped and chatted with another couple who was out with their 2 boys and 5-month-old girl. It was darn hot! I'll wait until a bit later next time, when the sun dips behind the trees.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom