• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    Circle K it was great I got a lot of looks, between that and my Right Wing Extremist shirt. Then my buddy and I went to the gun show. Then we stopped at Applebees at the Greenwood Park Mall. He said you can not take your pistol in. He works part time as security there. I said that is some liberal BS. So I left my pistol in the trunk. When I left Applebees, I said goodbye liberal town! I'll never do buisness in that mall ever again.

"greenwood park mall is a SIMON MALL and most if not all their malls are this way" --my dad simon mall manager

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've been OC'ing into Greenwood Park Mall for over a year now. I've never been spoken to by anyone, and I'm sure plenty of security people have walked by me.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    It too early in the morning for me to have been anywhere yet, but as tonight is the Open Carry Cigar Night at the cigar lounge in Schererville, I'll end the evening by open carrying there.

It is very likely that I will open carry at Meijer Supermarket in Merrillville as I have to run to the store sometime today, if not that supermarket then possibly Strack & Van Til in St John? Don't really have plans to go to a lot of different places today so it may just be the supermarket and the cigar lounge.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Spent about 20 minutes walking around the St John, IN Strack & Van Til supermarket this morning buying some bottled water, various snacks, meats, cookies, etc. Not a peep from anyone. Since I was in the store early there were more employees walking/working the aisles than customers.

I know a few of them would have had to have been blind not to see the Combat Master strapped to my hip based on my body position and their location/direction to me. I also walked right past a uniformed NON-officer-officer; I suspect she was a dispatcher because while uniformed she was unarmed?

418-06-04.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've OCed everywhere I've been in the last few months save for a couple places. :) Two days ago I CCed all day and felt dirty for it. I even had my favorite gas station attendant ask me why I wasn't carrying. I just smiled and patted my hip and said see ya tomorrow! I still felt dirty. :):

Oh, and nobody tell SavageEagle... but I bought me some Grippos :D

/gasp!

How dare you sneak that by me! :xmad:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The noodle place up at Traders Point last night for dinner. My wife noticed the mom/daughter sitting behind me were staring and whispering, but no issues. The manager did his usual "how is everything?" rounds. Just another dinner out with the family....

I did have a nice conversation over the weekend thanks to me INGO hat! The cashier at a convenience store asked about it, and we chatted about the LTCH and state laws for a bit. Don't know if he'll log on here, but he knows to visit the Brownsburg Police station for the paperwork/fingerprints and the cost of a lifetime license. He was hoping to get a pocket gun for when he works the late shift. He knows his employer might not approve, but his comment was "I can get another job, but I can't get another life".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Marsh supermarket in Portland, VP in Albany, the Farmland Conservation Club (Mossy 12 ga., Jennings .22, Sig 229 .40, Stevens bolt action in .223, Oly AR in .223, .38 snubbie on the range), then Pizza King in Farmland for some delicious pizza for me, son, wifey, step-son, SIL and niece.

The Cashier at Marsh asked us, "Having a party?" when we were buying bottled water and bottled soda to imbibe on the range.

"Nope. Day at the firing range."

"Huh?"

"We are taking several family members to our firing range. Wanna come?"

"Uh, have a nice day sir."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Don Chavas, all the unwed mexican teenage mothers working there were getting excited seeing my gun shoved in the front of my pants :noob:

j/k but I did OC at Don Chavas and there were plenty of unwed mexican teenage mothers working there. They probably didn't get to excited though, even though my beer gut is just as big as their pot bellies.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I OC'd yesterday at the Texas Roadhouse in Columbus with my new Raven Concealment holster.

It spurred a conversation about firearms with my parent's friends who have known me since birth. They are not gun owners. During the conversation my "Aunt" blurted out that she wanted a handgun. Her husband was shocked but amazed and I told them both I would be more than willing to let them have some range time with my toys!

Then we discussed a few firearm laws and played the game of "Can you carry in..." Does anyone else know what I mean? Someone finds out about their RIGHTS AS A CITIZEN and then ask if they can carry in a bar/restaurant/restaurant that serves alcohol/BANK and they are continually shocked that the answer to all of these are YES.

And my steak and sweet potato were both AWESOME.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Yesterday I had an interview. I wore a suit jacket.

Decided it was too hot after the interview, and after getting gasoline, took it off.

My only other stop was the gun store to get an electronic scale by Lyman. Good scale btw.

I didn't get any weird looks in the gun store. :D

Seriously, I use to open carry quite a bit, but decided it was better not to do so around here. Small town and people talk... and drugs and alcohol tend to make the locals stupid-brave.

Josh

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Fishers Wally World, Castleton Gander Mountain, BP at corner of 116th & Cumberland. No drama. LEO pulled in next me at Wal-Mart as I was getting in my car; nothing but a nod.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom