• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    All around my house the last couple days. :D

Went to Walmart the other day. Went to CVS two days ago. Going to Walmart again later. Tomorrow I'll be OCing at Shilo in Avon while watching New Moon and then 2012... :D

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    I generally oc because i like full size pistols and fitted shirts. today i went to king gyros and a gas station, and got remarks at both. the first was a woman at king gyros. she said: "is you the po-lice?" i said no. she then said something along the lines of i shouldnt carry a gun because she almost shot me, or i could get shot by someone, w/e, i dont speak crackhead. i looked at her for a second and then told her thanks for the heads up.

the second run in was a kid about 14 or 15 that saw it and said "wow thats a gun. thats so cool. are you a security guard or something?" i told him i was an assassin and went on my way.

gotta love the west side of south bend.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That's the FIRST time I've ever heard of anyone being told they almost got shot because they OC'd... :n00b:

I OC'd at Shilo in Avon while watching New Moon and 2012... Not a single comment, but a few "WTF" looks. I just smiled and put my arm around my wife. :D

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    That's the FIRST time I've ever heard of anyone being told they almost got shot because they OC'd... :n00b:

I OC'd at Shilo in Avon while watching New Moon and 2012... Not a single comment, but a few "WTF" looks. I just smiled and put my arm around my wife. :D
    next time the oc cc debate come up, feel free to use my experiences.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I oc from 5pm friday to 6am on monday while I am away from work. I live on a very busy street in Munster (Hohman Ave) and every single neighbor has seen me with a full size S&W M&P 45acp on my hip. Nobody every says a word to me, the passing motorists sometimes do a double take, but no problems at all. To and from work I cc and at work I can't carry.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Hooters in Merrillville on Friday, driving, home, TFT gun law course at Cabelas on Saturday. Had one person scream at me, and stated that they were scared of my evil black gun. Autozone, Gas station, buddies shop, BK, and back home. My friend never noticed until I unholstered and put the xdm in his toolbox so I wouldnt get it greasy working on my truck. We ate at hooters and went and looked at a few parking lots afterwards to get set up for plowing this winter. Carreid around the shop for 2 or 3 hours until we got around to starting working... never noticed...

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I just started to OC, I have had my lifetime LTCH for about 2 years and to come clean I thought it was a CCW permit (Thanks INGO for shedding light on the truth).
    So for the last few weeks I have been OCing and thinking nothing of it until Friday.
    I got all spiffy with my mirror shined jump boots, a nice crisp pair of black slacks, shirt and tie and thinking nothing of it put my Sig 226 in my kydex holster and went off to my JOB INTERVIEW!!!!
    The thing is like every other day that I OC nobody said anything, the interviewer had to notice but who knows. I'm not holding my breath on getting the call back.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Hooters in Merrillville on Friday, driving, home, TFT gun law course at Cabelas on Saturday. Had one person scream at me, and stated that they were scared of my evil black gun. Autozone, Gas station, buddies shop, BK, and back home. My friend never noticed until I unholstered and put the xdm in his toolbox so I wouldnt get it greasy working on my truck. We ate at hooters and went and looked at a few parking lots afterwards to get set up for plowing this winter. Carreid around the shop for 2 or 3 hours until we got around to starting working... never noticed...
    Was the person who threw a fit at Cabelas? If so that seems a little odd that a person would act that way in a store that is largely geared to the shooting sports.
    I just started to OC, I have had my lifetime LTCH for about 2 years and to come clean I thought it was a CCW permit (Thanks INGO for shedding light on the truth).
    So for the last few weeks I have been OCing and thinking nothing of it until Friday.
    I got all spiffy with my mirror shined jump boots, a nice crisp pair of black slacks, shirt and tie and thinking nothing of it put my Sig 226 in my kydex holster and went off to my JOB INTERVIEW!!!!
    The thing is like every other day that I OC nobody said anything, the interviewer had to notice but who knows. I'm not holding my breath on getting the call back.
    That is awesome! I would love to read the interviewer notes lol. Here is hoping you get the job.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Interesting thread.
    I was just talking with a buddy today and he said we could open carry in Indiana...I said, surely not!, so we surfed the web for info !

Then I look on here and see the O.C. on a thread and here I am...

To tell you the truth I have a lifetime permit and I thought it was only for C.C. too:dunno:

I guess I have just read too much on the web posted by folks from C.C. only states that I didnt know any different.

I am not really confortable with having the 'ol shootin iron strapped to my leg in public though, so C.C. is probally the way I will go for now.

Anyone here ever been accousted by the police for open carrying?

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Illinois

A lot of the county roads around here criss cross back and forth into Illinois. If you get pulled over in Illinois with Indiana plates they are going to ask if you have a gun in your car. If you do, and you haven't unloaded it and put it in a case like they require then you will be losing your gun and going to jail.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Was the person who threw a fit at Cabelas? If so that seems a little odd that a person would act that way in a store that is largely geared to the shooting sports.

It was meant to be a joke. It was one of the guys in the course with us, and a member here.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I OC'd in Joann Fabrics in Bloomington for about a half hour the other day. Then we went to the state museum in Indianapolis, over to the Mug N Bun on 10th for a little grub and on home.

Never got any funny looks or comments all day long. Never had to educate any one nor had a single question about it all day. I did put on a long sleeve shirt to walk around outside at Indianapolis, it was cold by then.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I OC'd into wally world at jefferson point, just stood in the customer service line. The lady behind me was getting nervous but didn't say anything

Then I went to steak and shake, our waitress just kinda started at my firearm for a minute then took our drink order, everyone that worked there gathered infront of the kitchen with the managers and then everything was fine.

Walked around target off coliseum behind glen brooke and got a gallon of ice cream, no looks no stares no double takes.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Went to the new IHop in Marion and ate bacon!
    Shopped at the Walmart for about 2 hours. It was nice to see it crowded, I doubt it means the economy is turning around, but it can't hurt.
    Saw a lady in a jeep hit a man and woman's shopping cart. Luckily no one was hurt. It broke a water dispenser that was in the cart though.
    Other than that uneventful.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Has OC always been the law in Indiana? Many years ago I was stopped by a local in Lebanon while wearing my shoulder holster and he made me put my jacket on stating I was required to conceal. This was driving, not walking around but he insisted so I didn't argue.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Has OC always been the law in Indiana? Many years ago I was stopped by a local in Lebanon while wearing my shoulder holster and he made me put my jacket on stating I was required to conceal. This was driving, not walking around but he insisted so I didn't argue.

If manner of carry was ever specified in Indiana law it must have been repealed long ago rather than simply modified.

There are still people who insist this sort of thing is law even though they can't find a shred of code to support it. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom