• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I chalk it up to me being alone, whereas you, obviously, must have looked to passersby like a deranged individual holding a women suffering from Stockholme syndrome and a baby hostage with a holstered gun.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that tomorrow is Family Day at the zoo.

:laugh:

I must have seemed pretty frightening pushing that baby stroller everywhere. :D

I'm glad you didn't get hassled. Hey what were you carrying?

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Tonight we went to the theater, AMC in Columbus, where I CC'd for the duration of the movie. Yes, THAT movie. Yes, I told Sockmonkey that if anyone leaves out the front exit door, we should make damn sure they can't get back in.

I immediately Virginia Tucked upon exiting the building, after holding the door for an elderly lady with her walker and her aide.

We decided that dinner at Bubba Blues BBQ was in order (meh, they haven't improved in the probably 3 years since we tried and were disappointed in their food) so dinner was uneventful. As I was clearing our table, I walked around the dining room and I noticed a look or two from a group celebrating a birthday. It wasn't until I noticed a kid talking to one lady and pointing, and then a minute or so later as we were walking out that the same kid was now talking to another lady in the group and pointing that I realized someone was paying attention. Didn't seem as if either lady freaked out, but we were out the door before I was able to gauge the second one's reaction.

Kaardomos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Milltown, Indiana
    I just stopped at the Marysville rest stop along I-65 to use the restroom. As I was walking back to my car I hear a guy behind me say "partner." I thought I was going to have to get out my LTCH, however when I turned around it was a truckdriver who shook my hand and told me "Thanks for exercising your rights." Made my day, so which one of you was it :D.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I just stopped at the Marysville rest stop along I-65 to use the restroom. As I was walking back to my car I hear a guy behind me say "partner." I thought I was going to have to get out my LTCH, however when I turned around it was a truckdriver who shook my hand and told me "Thanks for exercising your rights." Made my day, so which one of you was it :D.

Good to hear. Most of us are actually pretty good people despite what lots of people think. It was not me but it would have been if I had seen you. ;)

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

I got the same thing yesterday at CVS, a thanks for carrying.

I'm hopeful that after this incident in Aurora, more people will wake up and be appreciative of those of us who will carry. Maybe they're realizing we might save their arse one day. Wouldn't that be a refreshing change!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I got the same thing yesterday at CVS, a thanks for carrying.

I'm hopeful that after this incident in Aurora, more people will wake up and be appreciative of those of us who will carry. Maybe they're realizing we might save their arse one day. Wouldn't that be a refreshing change!

Doubtful, the ignorant liberals and police keep saying it would be useless or even counterproductive for an armed citizen to be there because he was in "body armor" and smoke and other people etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom