• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Hmmm, I OC'ed as several stranger's homes. Speedway Gas, City-County Building, McDonalds, wandered through a few neighborhoods on foot. Washington Sq mall, even stopped and chatted with mall security while OCing. Walmart. Kroger. Target. No one says a thing. In fact they are USUALLY happy to see me...but not always.

You cheated. You have a badge to go with your gun :):

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Mooresville Bob Evens, Manard's and Wal Mart. Waiting for my holster to come so I can carry my Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan. Everyone will see it and not see the S&W J-Frame in the pocket.

OLDSMITH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    OC'd at the tire store this morning. Had a very friendly conversation with the owner about the state of things these days. We should do everyone the favor of getting them used to seeing it more often.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    OC'd the other night at dinner with the wife and daughter. Had us a tasty meal at Olive Garden. OC'd tonight at Dick's Sporting Goods on Coliseum and Walmart on Coldwater. No issues at all. It's really nice to not have to "hide" things from people. It actually seems like most people who see me with my family while carrying understand why I carry in the first place. I haven't had any issues anywhere so far. I actually had a guy at a Chinese restaurant tell me "appreciate that you're packing". He was an older gentleman with his wife and I was floored that he said that. All is well in the Fort so far.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Half a**ed oc'ed yesterday, tee shirt barely covering the 226 as we went from yard sale to yard sale. Only heard one comment, a little kid at one told his dad "he's got a gun" never heard the dad say anything.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hmmm, I OC'ed as several stranger's homes. Speedway Gas, City-County Building, McDonalds, wandered through a few neighborhoods on foot. Washington Sq mall, even stopped and chatted with mall security while OCing. Walmart. Kroger. Target. No one says a thing. In fact they are USUALLY happy to see me...but not always.

Anybody we know?:laugh:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Took my wife to Indianapolis for the weekend and stayed in the Holiday Inn Express at 465 and 70. Was taking our bags to the car Sunday morning and a group of guys were in the parking lot loading their truck. One guy looked over at me and said "sure wish you had been at that movie theater." To which I replied "it's too bad nobody there was allowed to defend themselves. It may have turned out different had someone been able to shoot back." He agreed, and we parted ways.

BRILEY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Beech Grove
    To breakfast with my wife @ Bob Evans, then to the Speedway gas station and back home.. Not a word, not a stare, not a dirty look, honestly I never have much of any problems while OC'ing.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    OCed at McCormick's Creek SP yesterday and today. Sso far no one has either noticed or said anything. However, while hiking I heard some rustling in the bushes and immediately went into code pink(five year old girl way to close). After performing a tactical roll behind a nearby tree. I was preparing to draw down when I quickly determined it was just a squirrel( rigorous training has allowed me to distinguish between 5 year old girls and squirrels, based on visual cues alone, within seconds whereas it might take the average untrained individual upwards of 1 minute). It got off lucky as today I wasn't CCing my tactical pitchfork. I need a new holster for it anyways, as the current one prints badly.

Exhibit A: Tactical Pitchfork
    Tactical-Pitchfork.jpg

Exhibit B: Squirrel
    squirrel.jpg

You don't post much but you "get it"!

Rep inbound.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Ok.. here's a funny story.. since I just got my LTCH saturday, I chose to pocket carry my BUG (P3AT) somewhere that has a 'no firearms policy'.. but I also OC'd my EDC this morning.. so I loaded my pocket w/ my little P3, stuck my holster on my hip and left for work. I stopped for gas then went to work.. HOWEVER... before I removed the holster from my hip, I realized that the added weight in my pocket was NOT my cell phone (like normal).. I had 20 minutes before I had to punch in for work.. it's about 10-15 minutes to get home from work and I need to get home and back fast.. So.. I boogied my butt home, grabbed my phone, boogied back to work w/ 2 minutes to spare (sweating)... left the EDC in my locked truck and went about my day. :yesway:

still... not eventful but awesome nonetheless :)

(glad I popped my OC cherry this weekend though)

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    On Friday: Lunch at the Willard in Franklin, and then we went to see Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade at the Artcraft. Yeah. I wore a 1911 openly in a movie theatre and didn't get a second look.

Last edited:

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    Target in Carmel/Westfield on 31, Walmart next door, Marsh next door to that, Distinctive Diamonds at Fashion Mall to pickup our wedding bands after getting polished, Cheesecake Factory, then Advance Auto in Richmond, and Bob Evans.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom