• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    A first for me tonight: while at my Monday evening bible study at the Warsaw Martin's/Starbucks, I was approached by an officer who asked if I had a permit (sic) for my OC.

Anyway, so that's my story from the evening experience ...and everyone survived to live another day, eat another donut, and drink way too much coffee.

...oh, wait a minute, that's not the end...

It was a Glock ...the gun on my side, it was a Glock 27. End of story! :D

Great post. Repped. :rockwoot:

Also... to stand up for LEO's... practically the first day of going into the academy, they put an emphasis on concealing when not on duty and that exposing your
    firearm without your gear (radio, specifically) puts you at a disadvantage if a BG tries to attack you, knowingly, that you can't just radio for back up.

So... to NOT stand up for that LEO, at least he was civil in the approach and kept it professional; Just sounds like he was stating his "learning" and preference.
    Luckily for you, as long as you aren't wearing one of those stupid "POLICE" shirts or a "POLICE" hat while OC'ing as a law-abiding citizen,
    I don't think you'll fall under that targeting of attracting BG cop killers. ;)

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    Walmart in Elkhart.
    Not 100% sure it was about me but after I paid for my items I heard cashier get on the intercom and scream for security as I was leaving.
    She kinda got bug eyed when I went to pay for my stuff. So I'm guessing it was probably about me carrying.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Bremen Chiropractics. The Doc asked about my wife's revolver and why I was carrying it off side. Chatted me up about handguns for a bit.
    Weaver's Ag & Lawn (used to be Raider's, Bremen). One joking comment from the employee helping me about not over charging me since I was carrying. Other than that just a normal day.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Walmart in Elkhart.
    Not 100% sure it was about me but after I paid for my items I heard cashier get on the intercom and scream for security as I was leaving.
    She kinda got bug eyed when I went to pay for my stuff. So I'm guessing it was probably about me carrying.

The wife and I carried for a couple years in there with no problem.

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    The wife and I carried for a couple years in there with no problem.

I went early in the morning around 6 am right after work. I think I was the only customer at the time. Didn't see anybody else there except employees.
    Been there before in the afternoon a few times and no problems. I must have looked scary or something.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife and I spent a lot of time hanging out and running around with my family this weekend/week. We were in and out of convenience stores, shops, etc... all week. Went with the extended family down to the Gasthof Amish restaurant in Montgomery, IN for lunch on Tuesday. The "girls" enjoyed browsing the shops while the "guys" sat and BS-ed. My wife managed to NOT buy anything, so it was a good day. :)

Also stopped and saw the third largest railroad trestle outside of Tulip, IN on the way home.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Starbucks, Circle K, McDonalds, and Walgreens.

The cashier at Walgreens looked over and said "Is that a 9mm?"
    "Nope, 40"
    "Ah, a 40mm. How many does it hold in the chamber?"
    "Well, one in the chamber, and 16 in the magazine."
    "Ah, but a 9mm would hold a little more, right?"
    "Depends on the gun!"

An odd conversation, sure, but a conversation none-the-less.

There was a sheriff car at starbucks, but they must have been plainclothes, because i didn't notice him/her inside.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yeah, but they wouldn't control the WHOLE property would they?

Everything inside the project boundary. At this lake, it includes Raccoon State Park.

Here is the ACoE map:
    http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/cmhl/article.asp?id=192&MyCategory=176

Compare to the DNR flyer/map (which says this is an ACoE property as well):
    http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/files/cecil_m_harden_trail.pdf

Next time you are there, look for the orange boundary markers. You'll be surprised how far from the water they are.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    What exactly is the penalty for carrying on an ACoE property? Confiscation of the firearm? Fine? Jail time? Just curious.

From their Rules and Regulations:
    http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil//opto/article.asp?id=77

§ 327.25 Violations of rules and regulations.
    (a) Any person who violates the provisions of the regulations in this part, other than for a failure to pay authorized recreation
    use fees as separately provided for in §327.23, may be punished by a fine of not more than $5,000 or imprisonment for not
    more than six months or both
    and may be tried and sentenced in accordance with the provisions of section 3401 of Title 18,
    United States Code. Persons designated by the District Commander shall have the authority to issue a citation for violation of
    the regulations in this part, requiring any person charged with the violation to appear before the United States Magistrate
    within whose jurisdiction the affected water resources development project is located (16 U.S.C. 460d).

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Everything inside the project boundary. At this lake, it includes Raccoon State Park.

Here is the ACoE map:
    http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/cmhl/article.asp?id=192&MyCategory=176

Compare to the DNR flyer/map (which says this is an ACoE property as well):
    http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/files/cecil_m_harden_trail.pdf

Next time you are there, look for the orange boundary markers. You'll be surprised how far from the water they are.

Thanks! I was never good at researching those properties anyway (never been to one either)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom