• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jhutt50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Yep, co.line and emerson, Heh.

Yet to see anyone else in Greenwood OC'ing, we'll have to run into each other sometime.

Today: Just got back from Vegas bar and grille on 135. With my fedora, I felt like I fit right into the entire rat-pack theme.

I work at the Chase Bank on County Line and 31, we had a customer last Saturday come in carrying an XD. One of the other bankers said to me "look he has a gun!" I told her it is perfectly legal. Always good to educate those around us.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    OC'd for the first time ever at Rafferty's in Evansville today.

I'm actually a CC guy but I use an OWB holster...so during the Spring/Summer months I conceal with a light outer garment (vest or open button shirt over a tucked T-Shirt)...during the Winter/Fall months I just use whatever coat/jacket the temp calls for. Naturally I removed my jacket during lunch & normally in dimly lit restaurants like that no one notices the gun but this time I left my jacket off when I went to the restroom. I'm sure several people had to have gotten a good look at my XDm. I didn't notice any reactions and neither did my Wife. She WAS worried we would be kicked out though!

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    Yesterday was a busy one for me. I OC'd to Dock Bros Pawn Shop, the Goodwill Stores at Nora, 106th and Michigan, and 84th and Georgetown. Also OC'd at the Salvation Army Store at 86th and Michigan. All I wanted was a beater toaster oven for Kydex. No such luck.

After that running around, I OC'd to the Target in Nora, the Starbucks in Nora (not the one in Target, the one across the parking lot :D), the Walgreens in Nora, and the Chick-Fil-A at Clearwater.

The only comment I got was from an older fella in Starbucks. He came up to me on his way out and simply said, "You carry that well." Cool dude. :rockwoot:

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Yesterday was a busy one for me. I OC'd to Dock Bros Pawn Shop, the Goodwill Stores at Nora, 106th and Michigan, and 84th and Georgetown. Also OC'd at the Salvation Army Store at 86th and Michigan. All I wanted was a beater toaster oven for Kydex. No such luck.

After that running around, I OC'd to the Target in Nora, the Starbucks in Nora (not the one in Target, the one across the parking lot :D), the Walgreens in Nora, and the Chick-Fil-A at Clearwater.

The only comment I got was from an older fella in Starbucks. He came up to me on his way out and simply said, "You carry that well." Cool dude. :rockwoot:

Love your profile pic. "spread it on"

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Subway on 67, just south of 465. Clerk sees it, points at my FNP-9, and says " I want 1 of those". of course I said "well you should get one". Then She said, " Is that a 9 millimeter, or a 10?". Of course I told her it was a 9, and she said " I kind of thought it was!" Then she noticed my extra magazines on the other side, and said with a big smile on her face "Dang, you plan on hurting somebody don't you?"

At this point, I considered saying something intelligent, but I just couldn resist. So I gave her a sneaky look and said in a low voice " Only if I have to." At which point she said, "Goooood answer!"

"

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Subway on 67, just south of 465. Clerk sees it, points at my FNP-9, and says " I want 1 of those". of course I said "well you should get one". Then She said, " Is that a 9 millimeter, or a 10?". Of course I told her it was a 9, and she said " I kind of thought it was!" Then she noticed my extra magazines on the other side, and said with a big smile on her face "Dang, you plan on hurting somebody don't you?"

At this point, I considered saying something intelligent, but I just couldn resist. So I gave her a sneaky look and said in a low voice " Only if I have to." At which point she said, "Goooood answer!"

"

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Terre Haute Sporting Clays, Gander Mountain (got some CLP and the new rifle means new boresnake), Petco, Moggers.

No comments on the OC except a mention of it at the range, had a few odd looks but no issues, just a normal Friday running errands and getting dinner.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to BW3 for about 5 hours for a birthday party. Another guy in our group was also OC'ing a 1911. It was great.

Edit: Today, went a few places, including the flea market up on Hanna and 31. Kid working there said "They ain't gonna like that in here" as I walked in, I said "They'll deal with it." Walked around a couple hours, left with a stack of awesome LPs... including Frampton comes alive.

Then to BP, Walmart, and Starbucks

Last edited:

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Shell in Brazil, Nordstrom Rack in NE Indy, Johnny Carinos in Greenwood, Hoosier National Forrest, and I'm sitting in Starbucks right now (reading different accounts of Tuesday got me motivated to go again on my own).

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Was at That Place in Greenwood tonight.

Sitting at the bar with a friend. A man comes behind me and grabs my shoulder... he says he wants to ask me about my firearm (OC'ing a 1911. It WAS under my coat, but it was hot in there.)

He asks if I have my license, and I reach back for it (rear-right pocket). It stops my arm and says "Don't reach for your gun". I say my license is in my back pocket, he says OK and shows me his badge. I thank him, and hand him the license. He checks it, his friend lights it up with his iPhone (I think his friend told him about my gun)

He asks about address, etc... he thanks me for my cooperation, and says that he's a plainclothes officer, but doesn't OC in crowded bars. I thanked him, nodded, and all was well...

Overall, a very positive experience. I didn't read his name on the badge or anything, but he was very nice and accepting of it. Even though I was OC in a crowded bar. Funny that there was about 5 people around him looking at me while he was checking my license. Hah.

chrisjross85

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Martinsville,IN
    Greenwood Mall, Johnny Rockets, Gander Mountain, Ashley's Furniture, Honey Creek Tackle.
    I suppose I dont see the big deal in OC as long as I know that no one could just walk up behind me and take my firearm from my side. I almost always OC in church in public where ever.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Mikes Car Wash (which to be honest wasn't that big a deal as I stayed in the car, so not really sure it falls into open), and Penn Station/East Coast Subs, thought that might be a scene with all the kids running around with the gun at eye level (the boys looked ages 3-8, the girl had to be at least age 6 so it was a close call) but it was uneventful. Will likely be heading out again later this afternoon...

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Subway in Valpo off Rt 30 and then a hotel off Rt 30 to see the wife, then OC'd all round the gun show.

First time carrying, and I didn't have a concealable holster so I just wore it uncovered.

Didn't get any odd stares or anything. :) Felt kinda good but I was a little nervous.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom