• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

The Glockantuan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    Carried to Lafayette today; left locked in the car while in the mall, but we left after to CVS where I OC'd "the right way" :yesway: by pulling my jacket back behind my holster. Got two looks from clerks; but one might have been just checkin me out...it happens, too bad I'm already taken :D :rockwoot:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I OCd all over Huntington this weekend. I had one guy following me back near the computer stuff stop when I did and walk when I did. I stopped to pretend to check something out and he must've noticed me noticing cause he soon walked around the corner to look at the bargain bin cds.

I was pretty PO'd. I know I was in their security blind zone, but I mean, they REALLY need to retrain their security/loss prevention crew. I'm looking at blank dvds after all.

I did buy a couple small boxes o 22LR while ocing at their gun counter with no issue other than having to call the store to get service at the counter...

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Well my wife and I took a trip to French Lick this weekend. OC'd around different places. No issues at all. Then came back to TH and went to Walmart OC'd there, a young man was eyeing my G19 so I just eyed him back. lol Was hoping he would inquire so I could clear up any notions he had as to the legality of it. Great weekend but ready for a little warmer weather.

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    Just OC'd down to the local Auto Zone and Advance Auto on Keystone. Got a much needed master cylinder for my truck. It's gonna be awesome to have consistent braking again!

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    If I'm out and I see someone with a gun in the open the first thing I think of is, they have no training and they just got there CCW in the mail today. Most of the time I can tell they know nothing about firearms buy looking at the firearm and the holster. [/B]

Dont judge a book by its cover. there are plenty of trained OC carriers. it would seem as if you are a little nervous about OC carriers. either that or you have some sort of Superiority complex.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Got the day off tomorrow and so has the wife so no doubt I'll be OCing somewhere.

CC with my S&W 659 is uncomfortable in any position so I actually prefer letting it all hang out. With the right jacket I can zip it up and it is CC'd mostly.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Downtown Plymouth and at Discount Tire and Muffler to get some exhaust parts on thee gud wyfes truck.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been carrying regularly, daily - for a couple years now... and tonight, I had probably my most in-depth conversation regarding my OC tonight.

At approx 12:30 after midnight, myself and a friend stopped into Jack-in-the-Box in Greenwood to get a couple smoothies.
    I had already placed my order and was just waiting; two IMPD officers came in next to us and I noticed one of them immediately looked down at my hip.
    I was OC'ing my Kimber full size 1911 in a Serpa retention holster. Of course, I have nothing to hide and nothing but respect for our LEO's,
    So I made eye contact with, smiled, nodded my head - He smiles, taps his hip (by his gun) and says, "Can you cover that up?"

I heard him, but I immediately replied, "I'm sorry?"
    He then repeats, "Heh, you should cover that up."

At this point, I'm figuring he understands I have nothing to hide, exposing my Kimber in all it's glory.
    I said, "Is there any particular reason you want me to do so?"

At that point, he steps on the other side of me away from my friend and the other officer and we go into our own little conversation.
    I have to say, I can't be upset with him for being honest - All he attempted to do was convince me of why CC'ing was better and specified
    that if someone were to walk in to rob the place, I'd be the first one they shoot. (Haven't heard that one before, right?) :rolleyes:

After speaking for a few minutes, the conversation came to an ease and it was apparent that both of us truly had our own opinions regarding OC/CC.
    I had so much temptation to pull out my phone and direct him to 'The Open Carry Argument' thread here...

It was certainly not a bad interaction as I was quick to declare his beef wasn't against me carrying, it was just his CC>OC personal preference.

Thank you, Officer Hayden (I believe), for being concerned of all your law abiding citizens... [Insert purple where you think it belongs].

*edit*
    Completely forgot to mention the best part of it all:
    Right before our shakes came out, once the LEO I spoke with originally stepped in the bathroom,
    His partner that walked in with him originally walks up to me, grabs some sauce and stops next to me and said a quick story to me about how gun laws out where
    he lived (in Wyoming) were very open and everyone had guns so some people just aren't used to it around here, rolled his eyes, laughed and said to have a good night. :rockwoot:

Last edited:

Randrayla

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    OC'd my Sig P229 in a serpa retention holster all day yesterday. I had not open carried in some time but I was in business clothes (suit pants, shirt, tie) due to some job interviews. So I thought hey why not open carry since I'm dressed so well.

Had lunch with my wife at Penn Station in Greenfield. Never have any issues there. No one seemed to notice. Had to make a trip to Walmart where again no one noticed.

Needed to get a case for my phone so I headed to the AT&T store on Washington Street (in front of the mall). I was a bit worried as I have never really read about AT&Ts stance on firearms so I was not sure what to expect. A female employee by the name of Alvia helped me as soon as I walked in. She glanced down once at my Sig and it didn't even seem to phase her. She helped me pick out a new case, took maybe 20 mins of trying different cases. None of the other employees seemed to care either (no other customers in the store). During the check out process we had a nice conversation about how strange the weather has been.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Yesterday: a gas station and a Burger King in Seymour. Had a nice conversation with a gentleman in the Burger King when he asked if my carry was a Glock. I informed him no, it's a Ruger, which is still a very nice gun. He agreed, and we talked for a few minutes about guns.

Today, ran into Kroger for a few things.

Not bad for my first two times carrying with my new permit. And my gun never hopped out to mow down any small children. Whodathunk?

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Yesterday: a gas station and a Burger King in Seymour. Had a nice conversation with a gentleman in the Burger King when he asked if my carry was a Glock. I informed him no, it's a Ruger, which is still a very nice gun. He agreed, and we talked for a few minutes about guns.

Today, ran into Kroger for a few things.

Not bad for my first two times carrying with my new permit. And my gun never hopped out to mow down any small children. Whodathunk?
    Permit? Where did you get your permit? :dunno: :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom