• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Went to Red Brush to make sure a couple new mags worked in my G27 then we stopped at a Taco Johns in Newburgh. I took my coat off and sat in the booth so that my weapon side was exposed. I complimented the server on the good food and she got a nice look at my gun. Again, this is Benny's territory and I feel like I'm trespassing. 'Bout time to claim your space, dude.

Opps. I forgot the most blantant OC of the day. I went into Old National Bank on west Franklin St. to talk to the manager. I had my 27 on cross carry with an extended mag so it really stuck out (being a balmy 51 degrees I left my coat in the car.) He stared at the piece for a few seconds as I sat down. We talked for awhile and he seemed a little uneasy and formal. I've carried in there before and I know him pretty well professionally so I asked if it made him nervous. He said, "No, not with you. I'd prefer that you DID have a gun if something bad happened here." We then talked about the spate of recent grocery, credit union, liquor store and convenience store armed robberies for a few minutes and I told him I'm going down swinging if I ever get caught in the middle of one of those. He nodded in agreement. As I was standing up ready to walk out the door I asked, "Now, how about if I walk in with a pump shotgun with a sling over my shoulder?" He smiled and said, "we'll have to talk about that."

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Today I OC'd all around Edinburgh Outlet Mall, at four different stores. Yes, I was also out of my car and walking between stores. Then, it was over to Nashville for some holiday shopping. Walked around half the town, stopping in more than a dozen stores over half the town. Tried to go into the gun shop (didn't know there was one) but they weren't going to open until 2, and I wasn't going to be around that long. Even stopped into a shop that sells "replica" antique handguns. These things were definitely replicas. Perfect for costuming or displaying, but are not made of strong enough material to shoot anything aside from a spit wad. I've seen the same items online for much cheaper too. Not a sideways glance or ill spoken word in any of the stores.

Back in Columbus, stopped in Jimmy Johns for a Bootlegger's Club. Drove over to Fair Oaks Mall, where I decided to cover up, at least partially (hybrid) until I started walking towards the exit. I was leaving anyway, they going to kick me out then?

Tonight, stopped in at a local diner to visit and get a cup of coffee. Definitely no worries there, the owner is a friend and loves that I carry. He wants to carry to, but believes the sheeple would freak out at the sight of him cooking with a sidearm strapped up.

Perfect OC day.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Last night, a good friend and myself were mistakenly accused of being 'Walmart Security'.

As long as I've been OC'ing, I've not once had any negative conversation or remarks.

Both myself and my friend (both dressed casual, clean cut, well represented)...
    I've got my M&P9 in my Blackhawk Serpa, he's got his Glock 23 in his Bianchi holster
    We approach the electronics department scouting out a couple movies and come upon a lady that's absolutely throwing
    a fit over her Grandmothers $1,000 purse that Wal-mart lost (and that she demanded store credit to compensate for her loss).
    She wasn't the brightest tool in the shed as we saw it, but continued to tune in on her ranting to the cashier when we hear:

Customer - Wait, what's that? Is that your Wal-mart security? I haven't done nothing.
    CS Rep(young female) - No, no ma'am. They're not our security. They're customers.
    Customer - Why do they have guns? They can't carry guns like that.
    CS Rep - No, actually they can. You have to possess a gun license for it to be legal.
    Customer - Oh. Well. That's ridiculous, (and the ranting continues).

We both just smiled and nodded at the CS Rep lady as she rolled her eyes to the customer.

+1 to the Wal-Mart Electronics department associate for attempting to educate while attempting to avoid more chaos.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Last night, a good friend and myself were mistakenly accused of being 'Walmart Security'.

As long as I've been OC'ing, I've not once had any negative conversation or remarks.

Both myself and my friend (both dressed casual, clean cut, well represented)...
    I've got my M&P9 in my Blackhawk Serpa, he's got his Glock 23 in his Bianchi holster
    We approach the electronics department scouting out a couple movies and come upon a lady that's absolutely throwing
    a fit over her Grandmothers $1,000 purse that Wal-mart lost (and that she demanded store credit to compensate for her loss).
    She wasn't the brightest tool in the shed as we saw it, but continued to tune in on her ranting to the cashier when we hear:

Customer - Wait, what's that? Is that your Wal-mart security? I haven't done nothing.
    CS Rep(young female) - No, no ma'am. They're not our security. They're customers.
    Customer - Why do they have guns? They can't carry guns like that.
    CS Rep - No, actually they can. You have to possess a gun license for it to be legal.
    Customer - Oh. Well. That's ridiculous, (and the ranting continues).

We both just smiled and nodded at the CS Rep lady as she rolled her eyes to the customer.

+1 to the Wal-Mart Electronics department associate for attempting to educate while attempting to avoid more chaos.

Awesome response from Walmart employee. I find that most times people don't know the law, or they just don't care. It's nice to see someone who actually knows the law. +1

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Wendy's on St. Joe for lunch after I took my coat off. Concealed in to The Heart Group on Columbia to pay a bill. Didn't see any NG signs but concealed and went in. OCd again to Home Depot on west Lloyd and Lowes on west Lloyd. A guy I know talked to me at Lowes about guns. He said he noticed it as I was walking up. Probably another 20 people got a view.

Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yesterday: Walmart, Meijer, Uncle Bills'(local pet store), Kroger, A+ Computers, Kohl's, Michael's(arts/crafts store), Dollar Tree.
    I CCed at a local Mexican place for lunch as I've heard people having issues there before, and at JC Penney because it's in the mall that has a "no guns" policy posted and the :mallninja: s are on constant watch for people who are armed. :rolleyes:
    There was an Allen County Police officer at Kroger, working security, who just smiled and nodded after seeing my G27.
    One of the workers at the pet store and I talked for a few minutes about carrying. He told me he has his LTCH but had to sell his gun a while back to pay rent.

Got a few looks here and there, but overall a good day for OC in Fort Wayne.

Today: Pizza Hut, Salvation Army, Meijer. Another good day with nothing to report other than a few looks from the sheeple.

:rockwoot:

Gunner52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    All around Irvington, Warren Park, and ALL the neighborhoods around them. Did that all day today. No one ever even asked if I was a cop. Maybe it was the uniform.

Thats too funny. Are you a cop? I bet you are and dont try to trick me.
    :banana::banana:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Lots of places last night, in order: BW3, Brozzini's, That Place, Kroger, Pet Supplies Plus, Greenwood Regal 14 (Sherlock Hooooolmes!), John's Spirits (madison ave), Speedway.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Lots of places last night, in order: BW3, Brozzini's, That Place, Kroger, Pet Supplies Plus, Greenwood Regal 14 (Sherlock Hooooolmes!), John's Spirits (madison ave), Speedway.

No Starbucks??
    tumblr_lhpalcT6Bl1qc8pqd.gif

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hahaha oh man, awesome response XD

Nope! Haven't been going there lately. I dunno why... they just haven't treated me as nice as usual... and since I've moved into a house a bit more south in Greenwood, they're no longer across the street. Been making my own coffee at home :)

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I took care of the Starbucks. OC'd at one in Parker, CO. The best part was the two horses that were tied to the railing outside while the riders sat at an outdoor table drinking their coffee.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom