• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    After explaining that I was carrying, because it was my right and that I was headed to the gun range he asked me for my ID. Kind of irritated me and I damn near didn't show it to him.
    Did you ask what the Reason was for the ID Request?!

Sometimes, OC is more trouble than it's worth. I typically CC.
    Huh...

I feel the same way about CC... :dunno::popcorn:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm in Cincinnati for the weekend, "not carrying". Found this on the door of Rock Bottom.

hahaha.JPG

CJK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Indy
    I OC'd around the house all day, didn't get one sideways look and
    no one screamed or ran for cover. I think I might go outside
    tomorrow.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    I'm in Cincinnati for the weekend, "not carrying". Found this on the door of Rock Bottom.

hahaha.JPG

Read the small print. "Unless otherwise authorized by law yada yada yada." Well, if the law doesn't specifically INCLUDE that business place (e.g., it's a school, etc.) as one of the places carrying is illegal, IMHO if you have a license, you ARE "authorized by law" to carry a gun, so.... It would be an interesting test case.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Subway on St. Joe after I took my coat off. I went to the restroom before I put the coat back on. A worker was sweeping close to my table when I came back and he stared at my Glock 23 as I put my coat on. He asked, "How much does a permit cost?" I told him the lifetime is $60 (I just checked and found out the lifetime is $75 if you've never had a license.) I asked his age and he is 24. I asked where he lived, city or county. He said in the Hood (wherever that is these days.) I told him to go to the police station and do the permit thing. I asked if he had a gun and he said he only had a shotgun but sold it. He was worried about his two little girls and wanted to get another and be able to carry. I told him I've had licenses for over 30 years and carry full time. After all these past 6 months of OCing that was my first question or comment.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Hobby Lobby in Columbus this afternoon. Kroger, Kroger Gas, and White Castle in Shelbyville and Pilot truck stop in Fairland (or Shelbyville, depending on who you ask) this evening.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Actually, it wasn't bad this afternoon walking into and out of Hobby Lobby. Kroger and at the Pilot station wasn't too difficult after the sun went down. I put my jacket on when I got gas at Kroger standing out in the cold. I took it off in White Castle (where I got gas too :D ). I was Virginia tucking my long sleeve button up shirt, but didn't tuck my jacket.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to Champps today up near IKEA between Dayton and Cincinnati. Had one of those cute "No firearms!" signs on the door. Forgot to take a picture on the way out though!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Went to the McDonalds in Newburgh (Benny's back yard) and took my jacket off. Ate without incident and went to the restroom without my coat. A couple people could have seen it as I stood up to put my coat on before we left.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom