Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    OC'd tonight at Wal-Mart in Greenwood.

Even with the high volume of traffic in the store on a Friday night,
    Had no issues or weird looks.

Just a few smiles and head nods from a few gentlemen.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Be careful with that. There is a big hullabaloo about that going on right now where a person was OCing in their car and the local LEOs are making a big stink. Check out the WI Opencarry.org forum for more info. Last I read, they're still pushing the charges on her for CCing.
    Yes, I know the incident and MKEgal well. Cops said it was concealed because she didn't see it the first time. :rolleyes:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    OC'd at the iHop at Lima and Washington Center in Fort Wayne today but only for the duration of the meal. As I arrived and left, I was wearing my coat, concealing the sidearm fully. No issues. No problems with staff, customers, 5-year olds, or criminals.

j_kinder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    First day

Today was my first full day of OCing. I have been pretty nervous before but have been working on it by just CCing anywhere I go and OCing in places I feel comfortable. I OCed today at Target, Mancinos, Scotty's Brewhouse, and Friendly Package Liquor store all in Muncie. Also while I walked my dog around the grounds of Minnetrista.

The only place I CCed was the mall as I knew I would not last long OCing there.

Overall I think today went well. No bad interactions and for the most part nobody seemed to notice or care too much.

Didn't run into any LEO today, which would be my biggest challenge.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Today was my first full day of OCing. I have been pretty nervous before but have been working on it by just CCing anywhere I go and OCing in places I feel comfortable. I OCed today at Target, Mancinos, Scotty's Brewhouse, and Friendly Package Liquor store all in Muncie. Also while I walked my dog around the grounds of Minnetrista.

The only place I CCed was the mall as I knew I would not last long OCing there.

Overall I think today went well. No bad interactions and for the most part nobody seemed to notice or care too much.

Didn't run into any LEO today, which would be my biggest challenge.

In time, more places will become more comfortable.

I CC'd today because of my work obligations. You can't always OC if you are the "Face of the Company" in front of the public. However, I knew I was safe when I was walking back to my truck after dark in Downtown Indy!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bunch of flea markets today, a mom & pop shop down in Franklin, and Main St Grille.

Waiter at the Grille talked about guns, apparently he's in the military. Complimented my 1911.

Lady at the shop in franklin started by asking my age, then said "never give away your ace in the hole..." referring to my choice to OC. Then she turned and showed her Glock 22 in her back waistband. Apparently they're bounty hunters, says she always has a couple guns on her, etc... We talked a bit.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Bunch of flea markets today, a mom & pop shop down in Franklin, and Main St Grille.

Waiter at the Grille talked about guns, apparently he's in the military. Complimented my 1911.

Lady at the shop in franklin started by asking my age, then said "never give away your ace in the hole..." referring to my choice to OC. Then she turned and showed her Glock 22 in her back waistband. Apparently they're bounty hunters, says she always has a couple guns on her, etc... We talked a bit.

And yet she showed you her ace in the hole (as it were).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom