Not open for further replies.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I see no reason to open-carry when I can concealed-carry and avoid making other people uncomfortable.

Then hide it. You don't even need to consider any of the reasons many choose to open carry. If your primary motivator determining your carry style is other people's feelings, that's fine.

If, in your esteemed estimation, that makes me a "douche", then so be it.

No, it's not how you carry or even why - it's labeling those who choose differently than you and making up your own derogatory motivations to pin on them.
    That sort of thing may get you tagged as an orifice washing agent.

I prefer to think of it as more along the lines of being "adult".

An adult should model confidence in their own reasoning and choices, seeking to learn and understand rather than belittling others to mask their own doubt or inferiority issues.

:twocents:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I suppose any form of carrying has as much to do with me as anyone else, and my opinion remains unchanged. There are a lot of things which are legal to do, but that doesn't mean that doing them is a good idea. I see no reason to open-carry when I can concealed-carry and avoid making other people uncomfortable. If, in your esteemed estimation, that makes me a "douche", then so be it. I prefer to think of it as more along the lines of being "adult".

Kinda missed the point eh?

When I come to a thread that is specifically geared toward a discussion that either does not pertain to me, or that I disagree with, I choose to not enter into that conversation because I am not here for the sole purpose of causing trouble. THAT is my idea of being an "adult".

This thread is specifically for the discussion of places that you OCed today. Since you have stated that you do not OC, then this thread does not pertain to you. By posting your opinion on OC in an attempt to thread-jack, you have proven yourself to be a douche. I stand by my previous statement.

Well said.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    picture.php

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Thorntons on St. Joe, Schnucks on the Lloyd (clerk got a good look), Good Will on the Lloyd (the worker taking my bag glanced down at my G23 several times and thanked me for the donation.) (I don't know why but all of a sudden I feel like going to CVS and buying a douche bag. Hmmm.)

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why yes I'm showing it off, for every low life thief and drug taking turd that I AIN'T THE ONE.

I want them to see my EBG and know that I'm a member of this community and shop in the area often. I live close by too. I would like my dollars to stay local so If you are thinking of committing a crime fine, but you may wish to exercise your right to prey on others in another town since I surely will be exercising my right to openly carry. Its only fair you know what you're up against.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    No, it's not how you carry or even why - it's labeling those who choose differently than you and making up your own derogatory motivations to pin on them.
    That sort of thing may get you tagged as an orifice washing agent.

What an enematic expression.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Well back on topic... I took my wife to Chik-Fil-A for lunch. We sat down and saw 3 guys a couple tables over who kept glancing at us. At first I thought they were just admiring my stunningly good looks, but then I heard one guy say to the other "actually, it doesn't say anything about that". He then proceeded to take his LTCH out of his wallet and show it to his buddy. They were obviously talking about my OC Glock.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I'd been slacking lately, so I OC'ed at Kroger tonight, not a second look, it must be getting commonplace to see OC around here :yesway:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    On Saturday, I OCed when I went shooting......(Applied Ballistics), filled up with gas at Payless.......got home......wife wanted to go to Dollar General, so I OCed there...and then to Walgreens. I was VERY surprised in West Lafayette......no one batted an eye, other than the dude waiting on us at the pharmacy counter. Everyone was very pleasant. But then, I tend to be very pleasant when I am carrying. :)

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    ^That's good, with the exception of a few uninformed BBY associates,
    Most all Best Buys' should be on good terms of allowing weapon carry in store now.

(I work for Best Buy).

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    WalMart in Warsaw this evening.

Was at the airport in Muncie yesterday, and while I didn't OC when I went up for a plane ride, I did rearm at my car before giving a ride back to Ball State to a couple other guys who'd attended the same event before I rolled out of town. Neither of them were concerned that I was carrying, so that's a good sign. Of course, it was a USMC Aviation promotional event, so you kinda expect those kids not to be afraid of guns, right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom