• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Starbucks

Ive never been a big starbucks guy... but Im sold on the company after reading this...

"We comply with local laws and statutes in all the communities we serve. That means we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don’t exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited. The political, policy and legal debates around these issues belong in the legislatures and courts, not in our stores."

:rockwoot:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The company owner made a statement like 3 years ago how he had no idea that Americans were even allowed to carry loaded guns, even openly. Pretty stupid remark...

But yeah, their policy is as it should be - Abide by your state's laws.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pulled over on 465. 1911 in glove box, with registration. I let the officer know, he said "go ahead and get it", got my reg, he asked for "carry permit", went ahead and gave it to him (really didn't want a ticket here)...

... came back with a lovely ticket, my stuff, and thanked me for letting him know about the gun, and how he appreciated it.

+1 to Officer D. Rhoton of the Lawrence PD.
    -.5 for giving me a ticket instead of a warning =/

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    OCd at kids birthday party. Most of the family there, BIL had an LCP that he had bought from SIL, his sister. Other SIL said that she did not see the big deal or the need about people wanting to be armed all of the time.

Walmart, Nursing home.

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    Went to Archie and Clyde's in Newburgh with the swim team last night. Tables were pretty tight. One mom said she didn't want to bump my gun. I told her it wouldn't hurt her. Then to Barnes and Noble on Green River and then the Wal-mart in Newburgh.

Tonight it was Newburgh Schuncks. Had to spend most of the weekend unarmed since I was at the school's pool all weekend.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Pulled over on 465. 1911 in glove box, with registration. I let the officer know, he said "go ahead and get it", got my reg, he asked for "carry permit", went ahead and gave it to him (really didn't want a ticket here)...

... came back with a lovely ticket, my stuff, and thanked me for letting him know about the gun, and how he appreciated it.

+1 to Officer D. Rhoton of the Lawrence PD.
    -.5 for giving me a ticket instead of a warning =/

lol. So much for informing being a magic get out of ticket card.
    Sorry bout your luck.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Since I've been away from the computer all weekend...

Friday night, 310 Bistro in Columbus. No issues, but if I go back to that restaurant, I'll definitely be sitting in the pub side and not the snooty restaurant side. I felt like Kiefer Sutherland and Woody Harrelson in The Cowboy Way at that snooty restaurant in NYC. I just wasn't wearing my cowboy hat Friday. Probably should have.

After dinner, I hybrid carried to the movies. Tried to be nice and not scare the sheep, but I don't know if anyone noticed when my coat moved around.

Saturday the wife and I walked around Nashville all day. I OC'd and no one said anything. I even voluntarily went and spoke to a Brown Co. Deputy about a parking issue (nimrod tourists) and even he didn't say squat. Went to Greensburg in the evening and was at the Hampton Inn and Frisch's and not a peep at either place.

Sunday the wife and I went to Greenwood. Stopped at Gander and bought a new holster (I know, I probably could have found it cheaper elsewhere) that I'd had my eye on. I've been wanting some gun leather (I've been using the XD Gear kydex paddle, it's great and still works, so I'll use either as necessary) and they started carrying Galco and Blackhawk. I considered either a Kingtuk or a Blackhawk Pancake and decided on the Blackhawk. The Kingtuk might be my next purchase in carry gear.

After Gander (and swapping holsters in the parking lot verrrrry carefully), it was on to GFS, Once Upon a Child, and Michael's craft store. Before Michael's, we went into Halloween City to check on some costume stuff for our child's costume. A very helpful employee came up and shockingly said he'd help us find what we were looking for, only if I told him where I got my (cowboy) hat. After double-taking, I told him of the western shop I bought it at 15 years ago. It wasn't until after we found what we were looking for, and some more discussion about him trying to find a cowboy hat for less than online, that he finally noticed and commented on my sidearm. We finished our shopping and went on our way.

After Michael's, it was on to Goodwill (more Halloween shopping) and Fireside Brewhouse for dinner. I definitely recommend the Texas Jack and the fried gator tail. Stopped at Wally world for some household essentials and was asked by an employee about the length of time it took to receive my LTCH. I told him about INGO and he said he wanted to get his LTCH after he returned from a tour overseas he was leaving on soon. He walked away, but came back and we discussed a bit more, but it got weird when he stood in front of me, spread his arms out and said "Shoot me!" He recovered quickly when I gave him a rather stern look and he told me he'd been grazed by a bullet on his back before. I changed the subject back to L1 and making sure to get the lifetime LTCH if he wanted to carry at all, since he seemed to be more interested in just buying a GLOCK (at least he had the sense to say "I'll buy from Bradis").

The wife and I did get more comments about our cowboy hats than about carrying this weekend.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    MdDonald on St. Joe Ave for late lunch (1:15) Just a few patrons and plenty of staff. Staff behind the counter all got a good look since I was the only one waiting for food. Manager lady at counter was very cold to me. Either she didn't like the sidearm or she was just a bit**. Royal Wesselmans on Fulton, Colonial Garden Center on Epworth rd then Combs Landscaping on Burkhardt. A lot of staff at Combs got a look. (It's getting scary natural to OC. But when is someone going to react? :( )

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom