Not open for further replies.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    PM sent about that.....

Even though I stated I OC'd there, I didn't. I knew before arriving that no loaded weapons were allowed on the property, except on the firing line. I was makking a funny :D. I wasn't carrying any loaded weapons, I was following the range rules! Sorry for the misunderstanding (or innapropriate joke) guys :dunno:

But, thanks for the tips on my technique, it was very helpful!

Edit: the attempt at humor was I was trying to say I was OC'ing someplace where everyone would have weapons, which is not really all that impressive, when everyone else here is stating where they OC'd where they'd obviously be the only one with a weapon. (I should have used purple! :):! )

Last edited:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I sincerely hope that you are joking. If you came to ECPR for a free afternoon of range time, sat through our safety briefing and still openly defied our safety rules, you will not be allowed to return. Is that clear?

Guy

There was probably a more appropriate way to handle this concern (which I do recognize is important to ECPR), such as this:

PM sent about that.....

The public reprimand without first approaching the individual directly about it shouldn't be a standard procedure.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    There was probably a more appropriate way to handle this concern (which I do recognize is important to ECPR), such as this:

The public reprimand without first approaching the individual directly about it shouldn't be a standard procedure.

You are exactly right - and I stand corrected.

And my apologies to CC for not realizing his post was an attempt at humor. I perceived it as someone publicly thumbing his nose at our policies, so I reacted publicly. Still, I agree with you and I should have handled it differently.

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Even though I stated I OC'd there, I didn't. I knew before arriving that no loaded weapons were allowed on the property, except on the firing line. I was makking a funny :D. I wasn't carrying any loaded weapons, I was following the range rules! Sorry for the misunderstanding (or innapropriate joke) guys :dunno:

But, thanks for the tips on my technique, it was very helpful!

Edit: the attempt at humor was I was trying to say I was OC'ing someplace where everyone would have weapons, which is not really all that impressive, when everyone else here is stating where they OC'd where they'd obviously be the only one with a weapon. (I should have used purple! :):! )

No worries. Sorry for the over-reaction. You've got a free visit to ECPR on me if you want it. (But you have to sit through the safety orientation again). ;)

Guy

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I sincerely hope that you are joking. If you came to ECPR for a free afternoon of range time, sat through our safety briefing and still openly defied our safety rules, you will not be allowed to return. Is that clear?

Guy

Just out of curiosity are you a pro or anti-CC guy? No loaded weapons are allowed on the property except on the firing line? Does that make a difference, if one was out to solely shoot rifle, and had their "sidearm" holstered the entire time.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    No sweat Guy. and to Kutnupe14, I happen to know it's not his policy, it's the City's policy because of the insurance company. The city owns the range, TFT just manages it for them.

And no, your scenario would not be allowed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No sweat Guy. and to Kutnupe14, I happen to know it's not his policy, it's the City's policy because of the insurance company. The city owns the range, TFT just manages it for them.

And no, your scenario would not be allowed.

Ah gotcha, that makes sense. In either case, I was going to say his property his rules.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Just out of curiosity are you a pro or anti-CC guy? No loaded weapons are allowed on the property except on the firing line? Does that make a difference, if one was out to solely shoot rifle, and had their "sidearm" holstered the entire time.

I think you meant pro or anti-"OC."

If so, as a personal matter, I am very much a pro-OC guy. I mostly CC in public, but OC occasionally and strongly support the right to do so.

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville

In honesty, I really can't put this off on the city. It is a TFT rule due to the fact that we're a public range open to everyone and we get a lot of totally inexperienced shooters. For that reason, we really don't want folks holstering and unholstering loaded weapons on the range.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I've never OC but have CC for over 20 years. I saw someone at Camby Walmart OC the other day and got me to thinking. I joined this group along with opencarry.org and learned a lot about OC. I probably won't OC much myself. I don't have anything worth displaying and normally just carry a little .38 in my pocket. I guess the satisfaction I get from CC is that most of my friends and neighbours have no idea I am armed. My wife and kids take comport knowing I am armed and that I will protect them if necessary. I am glad to see OC is so alive and well. The main thing I get from all this is that I will no longer feel guilty if my firearm becomes partially exposed or prints. I have come a long way because when I first got my permit, I thought is was unlawful to have anything showing. Thanks for making me feel more comfortable OC people.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    In honesty, I really can't put this off on the city. It is a TFT rule due to the fact that we're a public range open to everyone and we get a lot of totally inexperienced shooters. For that reason, we really don't want folks holstering and unholstering loaded weapons on the range.

Thank you for clarifying your position. I hope you understand why some will choose to not patronize the facility your operate because of your rules.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Thank you for clarifying your position. I hope you understand why some will choose to not patronize the facility your operate because of your rules.

Understood. And others will patronize us because we work very hard to maintain a safe environment where shooters can concentrate on shooting - not the person next to them, or behind them.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Understood. And others will patronize us because we work very hard to maintain a safe environment where shooters can concentrate on shooting - not the person next to them, or behind them.

Why would they need to concentrate on them? Are you catering to brand new shooters that don't carry, or are you catering to the actual gun community?

I'm not 100% clear on why you guys, and other ranges, don't allow carrying. Seems like a pretty logical place to allow it. Everyone on the range has a gun, and they have been used inappropriately in the past in suicides/homicides... If it's going to happen, it's going to happen and there's little to do to prevent it. But I don't see a problem with everyone around me carrying while shooting down the lanes.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just to stay on this topic for a second (and then return to our normal programming):

Where can you actually practice drawing from a holster? This seems to be a HUGE gap for a large part of the LTCH community. Ranges disallow it because of "inexperience", but there is NOWHERE to gain that experience. Kind of a catch-22. Sure, you can pay big bucks for an hour or two of hands-on training, but then you can't practice anywhere.

Am I missing something?

Oh, and I OC'ed to the Plainfield Pizza Hut the other evening for dinner, then a nice walk around the neighborhood. I still don't see what all the fuss is about!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom