• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    Yesterday I OC'd to Tractor Supply in Westfield, the Wal-Mart in Westfield, and the Ripple Bagel Deli in Broad Ripple. Thankfully, no one pointed my own gun at me. :rockwoot:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I ended up CC-ing on Saturday. Made some adjustments to my Supertuck, and wanted to try it out.

Back to OC on Sunday. Didn't get out much, though. The Pick-n-pull in the morning, then Lowes, Autozone, and the gas station late in the day. I guess I did OC while I worked in the yard and garage all afternoon (MAN was it hot).

Stopped to gas up the Jeep this morning, and chatted with the guy at the next pump about tires. He liked my BFG's, and wanted to know if they are noisy (yes, they are). See! You can still have all of those nice, random conversations with folks while OC. Either they don't notice, or they don't care.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I OC today at a lawn mower shop; walked in with my Dad and another another customer who held the door for us. I was concious that my gun would be toward him as I entered and then he would be behind me. I was carring at about 4:00. I knew he would see it and was expecting a comment. Instead he said he forgot something and left the store. I thought maybe I had scared him off. A little bit later he came back in the store accompanied by his lawn mower. He walked up behind me where I was writing a check and asked me if I was an officer or if I had a conceal carry permit. I said I had a permit and went back to writing my check. Then I thought again and answered that actually I had a LTCH because obviously I wasn't carrying concealled. He smiled and half laughed saying yeah that's what he meant. He had been thinking about getting his license too. The shop owner chimed in and said he had his and carried all the time. I left the conversation to them and finished my business.

At walmart later that day I was reaching for an item on the shelf when someone came around the corner on my right side and said real loudly "Oh S**t" I didn't turn to look or even acknowledge I had heard the comment. Then I hear..."Stay away from her". Again I didn't look or acknowledge I heard anything.

To finish the day I stopped at Hobby Lobby and the baby department at Kohls and not a person said a word. Which I found remarkable because those are two places I would have thought would have drew looks or comments.

Last edited:

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Caught a woman in the car next to me at the Walmart parking lot staring at my OC as I pulled in the space with my motorcycle. Either that, or she was enthralled by my svelte figure. HA! ...not! :D Really, I have the body of a god ...just, why did it have to be Buddha??? :dunno:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    This past weekend, I was OC'ing while visiting my gf in the Bedford, IN area. Kmart was no problem. Neither was, uh, shoot, what was it called? Some place that serves Italian, Mexican, and American food. Mama's? I forget.

Anyway, we also drove up to Bloomington. OC'd at that Kmart, too, as well as Outback Steakhouse and Cold Stone Creamery. No problems at any of those.

But when we went to the AMC 12 cinema, it was a different story. I paid for our tickets, and we started walking back to Theater 1 where Cowboys & Aliens was showing. As we approached the door, I kinda thought I heard somebody trying to catch my attention, but I kept walking up to the spot at the end of the ramp where you always stop and think, "Now, where shall we sit?" That's when he caught up with me and asked to speak with me. I stepped back from the seats a bit and he said, "Excuse me. I noticed you're carrying a firearm."

"Yes."

"Well, we have a no-weapons policy, so if I could just ask you to—"

"Forget it, I'll just leave. Can I get a refund?"

I don't know whether he was going to ask me to put it in the car or cover it up (unlikely, since we'd be sitting in the dark anyway), but it wasn't worth giving them my money either way. To his credit, he was very polite, and he did give me a refund. I took the time to stop and thank him because not everybody would do that.

As we were walking from Theater 1 back to the cash register, he explained, "I'm sorry. It's just, this is a family-friendly theater."

"Oh, of course," I replied. "That's exactly why I carry: so it stays safe for families."

"I understand that, but we have a policy."

Fair enough.

We went to the drive-in instead to watch Cowboys & Aliens. Is was the type of movie we expected, and I think we both enjoyed it. Plus, going to the drive-in was something we'd been talking about doing anyway. #winning

ETA — Oh, and the gf was very gracious. She isn't quite sold on the idea of my OC'ing everywhere, but she has been showing me respect by not arguing with me about it. I made sure to specifically thank her for not trying to convince me to just go put it in the car and come back.

Oh, and we also stopped by the TJ Maxx in Bloomington, too. Forgot about that. After hearing the recent stories about the Serial Butt Slasher (read here, if you've missed the stories) cutting a woman in TJ Maxx, I sent her a link and noted, See? If I'm with you at that store and he sees me with you while I'm OC'ing, the odds are highly in our favor that he will decide not to attack you.

I think she'll come around to appreciate it more. For now, I'm just really glad she's not trying to stop me from OC'ing with her.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This past weekend, I was OC'ing while visiting my gf in the Bedford, IN area. Kmart was no problem. Neither was, uh, shoot, what was it called? Some place that serves Italian, Mexican, and American food. Mama's? I forget.

Anyway, we also drove up to Bloomington. OC'd at that Kmart, too, as well as Outback Steakhouse and Cold Stone Creamery. No problems at any of those.

But when we went to the AMC 12 cinema, it was a different story. I paid for our tickets, and we started walking back to Theater 1 where Cowboys & Aliens was showing. As we approached the door, I kinda thought I heard somebody trying to catch my attention, but I kept walking up to the spot at the end of the ramp where you always stop and think, "Now, where shall we sit?" That's when he caught up with me and asked to speak with me. I stepped back from the seats a bit and he said, "Excuse me. I noticed you're carrying a firearm."

"Yes."

I don't know whether he was going to ask me to put it in the car or cover it up (unlikely, since we'd be sitting in the dark anyway), but it wasn't worth giving them my money either way. To his credit, he was very polite, and he did give me a refund. I took the time to stop and thank him because not everybody would do that.

As we were walking from Theater 1 back to the cash register, he explained, "I'm sorry. It's just, this is a family-friendly theater."

"Oh, of course," I replied. "That's exactly why I carry: so it stays safe for families."

Fair enough.

We went to the drive-in instead to watch Cowboys & Aliens. Is was the type of movie we expected, and I think we both enjoyed it. Plus, going to the drive-in was something we'd been talking about doing anyway. #winning

ETA — Oh, and the gf was very gracious. She isn't quite sold on the idea of my OC'ing everywhere, but she has been showing me respect by not arguing with me about it. I made sure to specifically thank her for not trying to convince me to just go put it in the car and come back.

Oh, and we also stopped by the TJ Maxx in Bloomington, too. Forgot about that. After hearing the recent stories about the Serial Butt Slasher (read here, if you've missed the stories) cutting a woman in TJ Maxx, I sent her a link and noted, See? If I'm with you at that store and he sees me with you while I'm OC'ing, the odds are highly in our favor that he will decide not to attack you.

I think she'll come around to appreciate it more. For now, I'm just really glad she's not trying to stop me from OC'ing with her.

:yesway: That's just what I would do!

Sure we dont want the nice families and kids to see a firearm, that's not like they are used to see them on TV and on our streets on the hips of our police officers.

You cant fix stupid. :rolleyes:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

"Yes."

Fair enough.

Don't forget to write AMC a letter explaining how much money they stand to lose from you each year... :popcorn:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Very active day today - Starbucks x2, Kroger, Meijer, Target, Shallo's, Meijer Gas Station, and took the dogs on a walk around the neighborhood.
    I hit Starbucks today. First time in months. I bet you could make a monthly car payment with what you spend at that place.:D

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    This past weekend, I was OC'ing while visiting my gf in the Bedford, IN area. Kmart was no problem. Neither was, uh, shoot, what was it called? Some place that serves Italian, Mexican, and American food. Mama's? I forget..snip...

Mmm... Mama's.. I used to get the bacon cheese fries from there all the time. I think its about time to visit the family again.

And such a lovely hotel right next door...

I didn't OC today.. kinda frowned upon in an ambulance, but I can OC at my new job. Yesterday was OC all day (aside from inside the machine shop.. chips in the action are a bad thing) Aldis, Meijer, Speedway, etc.. no bad comments, no stares. The store manager at Meijer made it a point to ask how I was doing, but that may have been from carrying a bag of ammo from sporting goods counter around.

As always, looking clean and smiling goes a long way. I have yet to OC in Walmart though.. far too many (creepy, weird, annoying) people to watch out for. I'll generally untuck my shirt and pull it over my pistol or throw on a button up shirt and let it hang.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Are you a Starbucks Gold member yet?

Of course :)

Today:

Starbucks... -_-
    Best Buy - I didn't know they opened at 11, so I was outside with the crowd at 10:45 just standing there... with a beautiful 1911 proudly gleaming in the morning sun.
    Khol's
    Great Clips

Probably done for the day. Girlfriend called me while I was out and said her pants were falling down at work, and asked me to bring her a belt. I was just outside her workplace, so I gave her mine... =/ Can't carry without a belt, so now I'm home.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Of course :)

Today:

Starbucks... -_-
    Best Buy - I didn't know they opened at 11, so I was outside with the crowd at 10:45 just standing there... with a beautiful 1911 proudly gleaming in the morning sun.
    Khol's
    Great Clips

Probably done for the day. Girlfriend called me while I was out and said her pants were falling down at work, and asked me to bring her a belt. I was just outside her workplace, so I gave her mine... =/ Can't carry without a belt, so now I'm home.

You should have a shoulder holster as a backup for situations like that.
    No need for a belt. :)

hbarnett1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Won't open carry anywhere,Too many freaked out sheeple ready to call the cops on you for having a gun,Don't want the attention OCing draws.Thats my 2 cents..................

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom