• Status
    Not open for further replies.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Starbucks x3 yesterday. Got free drinks every time :D

One time, the barista girl asked if I'd pistol-whipped anyone yet.

Then to Regal 14 in Greenwood. Saw Captain America. No one seemed to care, but it was a late showing (10-midnight). Afterward in the bathroom, I'm standing at the urinal, and some guys (kids in highschool, most likely) walk in talking loudly. They got real quiet for some reason.

Next time tell her "no, but you could be the first if you bring the whipped cream and play your cards right!"

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    +1 BGPD

Tonite my wife got a sweet tooth so we went to Speedway in Beech Grove for Krispy Creme. We turn in and there are 3 BGPD and 1 MCSD cars there..

My first thought? Here it is, my first OC/LEO encounter, oh geez...

Had 2 of then to one side of me, two on the other side while walked in, and while we were getting donuts. They had the AUDACITY to say... "Good evening"!!

Not a WORD about my sidearm!:xmad: What's up with that? :dunno:

:D

They had to have seen it. I was wearing tan khaki colored pants, a light blue polo shirt, with my black and SS XD in a black holster... couldn't have missed it. :cool:

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I OC'd to and from the Atterbury range on Thursday. My buddy got a new AR 15 he needed to sight in, and I was more than happy to help him out with that. :D

I was OC'ing at the taco bell across from the Edinburgh outlets (near US31 and I65) on the way home when someone noticed my sidearm! It was a younger guy, maybe in his teens. He asked me what kind of gun I was carrying, what caliber it was, etc. We started talking about shooting and carrying. He said he was hoping to get his carry license for his next birthday (maybe he was 17? I didn't ask). While he was talking about this he turned to his friend and said "You should get your license with me! We could go to the shooting range together; I bet it would be a lot of fun."

This was my first "big" OC interaction with someone that I don't know. I'm glad it was a positive one!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Tonite my wife got a sweet tooth so we went to Speedway in Beech Grove for Krispy Creme. We turn in and there are 3 BGPD and 1 MCSD cars there..

Had 2 of then to one side of me, two on the other side while walked in, and while we were getting donuts. They had the AUDACITY to say... "Good evening"!!

They had to have seen it. I was wearing tan khaki colored pants, a light blue polo shirt, with my black and SS XD in a black holster... couldn't have missed it. :cool:

Wow, that's pretty neat. I have a similiar XDM and that thing stands out! :dunno:

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Old Navy, bent over at the waist, shirt came right up over the gun, took me a little while to catch my shirt was sitting funny; nobody seemed to notice or care. All over my neighborhood for the last few weeks, OWB and a T shirt has been the most comfortable way to roll with all this heat.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Walmart on SR46 in Terre Haute.......................no issues other than a guy from work saying I may be able to get that into work but getting it out would be hard....as they have just installed full body scanners there.

jmartin72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Covington
    Walmart on SR46 in Terre Haute.......................no issues other than a guy from work saying I may be able to get that into work but getting it out would be hard....as they have just installed full body scanners there.
    Ah someone else from TH. I have OC in gas stations going to and from the range, and in Gander Mountain. Good to hear Walmart is an option also.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood

Maybe they thought you were one of them and off duty, seeing how you were getting doughnuts and all. :D

Hazwhopper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    I CC today, at church. I have yet to OC in public. I have worned weapons around the outside of house. I scene a person OC at Diary Queen the other day. My buddy asked me to look that direction and we both were taken back about his OC. We discussed this subject and from what I believe, it is lawful to OC in public. The law is silent about this issue.
    I haven't done it yet.
    The other day in Clinton, there was a person who went to gas station and he had his weapon in car. He gassed up and went into the station to pay. When he returned there were 4 Clinton (town) LEO's waiting. They drew their weapons on him. He was in handcuffs and eventually released.
    I am not sure that it is a good idea to OC. From that circumstance it would seem that it could lead to a very bad day.
    Thanks

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I CC today, at church. I have yet to OC in public. I have worned weapons around the outside of house. I scene a person OC at Diary Queen the other day. My buddy asked me to look that direction and we both were taken back about his OC. We discussed this subject and from what I believe, it is lawful to OC in public. The law is silent about this issue.
    I haven't done it yet.
    The other day in Clinton, there was a person who went to gas station and he had his weapon in car. He gassed up and went into the station to pay. When he returned there were 4 Clinton (town) LEO's waiting. They drew their weapons on him. He was in handcuffs and eventually released.
    I am not sure that it is a good idea to OC. From that circumstance it would seem that it could lead to a very bad day.
    Thanks

I CC in church today also. I mix it up between OC and CC. A lot depends on my clothes.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I CC today, at church. I have yet to OC in public. I have worn[STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] weapons around the outside of the/my house. I [STRIKE]scene[/STRIKE] saw a person OC at Diary Queen the other day. My buddy asked me to look that direction and we both were taken aback about his OC. We discussed this subject and from what I believe, it is lawful to OC in public. The law is silent about this issue.
    I haven't done it yet.
    The other day in Clinton, there was a person who went to the gas station and he had his weapon in the car. He gassed up and went into the station to pay. When he returned there were 4 Clinton (town) LEO's waiting. They drew their weapons on him. He was in handcuffs and eventually released.
    Thanks

The thread for that discussion :horse: ...is HERE. Cheers! :ingo:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I haven't done it yet.
    Thanks

Yep and if YOU would read this thread you would notice that there are several on here that OC DAILY with never an issue...

Maybe they are just very lucky I guess... :dunno::popcorn:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom