• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Awww Rhino, I didnt realize that was a 1911 in a IWB holster in the 4o'clock postion, I just thought you were happy to see me the other night. Cheers buddy:cheers: See you and the rest of the ingo crew saturday

It was just an oddly-shaped tumor.

What's happenin' on Saturday?

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Let's not turn this into a OC/CC debate. You you don't like OC don't do it. If you don't like OC threads don't read 'em. Ok, back on topic. I OC'd everywhere I went today and had no problems. (Darn it. I need to try harder next time.)

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Over the weekend at a Seymour, IN Taco Bell where 2 city LEO's were seated and just leaving as I came in. They did seem to notice but didn't even stop to say hi! Congratulations LEO's! :rockwoot:

Down the main street of Madison IN and in several shops there! No problems what so ever.

Salem, IN Arby's and Paoli IN Wally World..................No problems!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I OC'd today to the bank, Wendy's, and Rent-A-Center. Contrary to "popular belief", I wasn't targeted and gunned down for OC'ing, I wasn't arrested for intimidating anyone, and no mass panic was evident among employees or patrons at any of the above institutions.

Why did I OC? Partially because it's really hot out, and like yesterday I didn't feel like wearing a cover garment. Partially because I am wearied by the arguments from the same kind of Fudds who tried to get a whole class of rifles, handguns, and magazines banned against OC'ing, and I am becoming convinced that it is politically necessary and desirable to proclaim our status as gun carriers, such necesity outweighing the benefits of CC. I'll be thinking about this more and more. It may be reaching a point where it's vital that we stand up openly, proudly, and publically against those who would try to shame us for exercising our Constitutional rights.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I OC'd today to the bank, Wendy's, and Rent-A-Center. Contrary to "popular belief", I wasn't targeted and gunned down for OC'ing, I wasn't arrested for intimidating anyone, and no mass panic was evident among employees or patrons at any of the above institutions.

Why did I OC? Partially because it's really hot out, and like yesterday I didn't feel like wearing a cover garment. Partially because I am wearied by the arguments from the same kind of Fudds who tried to get a whole class of rifles, handguns, and magazines banned against OC'ing, and I am becoming convinced that it is politically necessary and desirable to proclaim our status as gun carriers, such necesity outweighing the benefits of CC. I'll be thinking about this more and more. It may be reaching a point where it's vital that we stand up openly, proudly, and publically against those who would try to shame us for exercising our Constitutional rights.

You really don't get it do you? You also didn't prevent any crimes that you know of...

Your ranting about having to OC to protect your rights and throw it in everyone's face reminds me of these "Fellas" (no offense to the rest of you intelligent OC'ers):

gay-pride-parade-lccjow-318.jpg

I think you give OC'ers and gunowners in general a bad name. You are hot headed and fly off the handle. You simply wear your gun on your hip to show it off and prove to people that you have rights. You want people to shy away or approach you so you can rudely tell them that it is perfectly legal and that they are communists for wanting to suppress your rights.

That's all. :ingo:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You also didn't prevent any crimes that you know of...

Knowing they are prevented is enough. All we know is, Joe prevented all the crimes that were going to happen and didn't. How many were going to happen? Only the criminals know.;)

(no offense to the rest of you intelligent OC'ers):

Some believe none of us are. Offense taken and dealt with. I'm fine.

:ingo:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Some of us carry our weapons for the ACTUAL purpose for which they were designed, which is to defend one's self and loved ones against armed attack. I'm sure the officer was referencing this purpose in a tactical sense, and he is correct. The elements of surprise and stealth are well known tactical advantages. Of course, one would have a hard time understanding this if their main purpose was to make a political statement, "educate the sheeple," or to carry their weapon exposed as some sort of magic talisman to ward off evil.

To each his own.

Yea what he said. It sounds like this is some sort of a game to walk about showing off your weapon to see if you get hassled or gawked at. I fail to understand this stuff. I would hope that CCW holders would act professional. I kind of look at it like boasting. I just fail to see the logic in this game. So far from reading these post's,I feel stronger about it than ever.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Gas station (sheriff deputy didn't even give me a second look)
    21st Century Firearms (Dave hooked my friend up with a XD9 SC)
    Check into Cash (friend's girlfriend works there)
    Hardee's
    Took a walk around the neighborhood

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I just spent a hour or so reading that one,at least I think that was the one. Interesting IMO. I wish someone would do a poll on the subject. I do not know how too.
    Yeah, I know. We actually want to keep the OC/CC debate out of this one, but are happy to debate in the other one.

bft131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Went up to Benton Harbor, MI to a WW2 history event and carried all over town. BH is really not a nice place but our event was at the Airport....

Now, St. Joe..Thats a different story...Nice houses and hot mama's that like to jog early in the AM....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom