• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Visited my friendly neighborhood Lowe's hardware, Salvation Army, and Bandito's in Fort Wayne (Lima Road and Dupont Road locations). No one noticed my Taurus 24/7.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Wal-mart @ Emerson/County Line Rd:

Going there while OC'ing has never been an issue.
    Never get any funny looks from the door greeters and are always friendly.

Only attention I got was a little kid with his mom that looked at my gun and smiled.

I have no fear of OC for the simple fact that most people understand
    the concept that having a hip holster exposed generally means I have nothing to hide.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Monroe county library with my daughter. No dead children. No hysterical moms diving behind cover with their preschoolers. No MWAG calls. No profanity screaming JBTs threatening to execute me. Just as it should be.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wal-mart @ Emerson/County Line Rd:

Going there while OC'ing has never been an issue.
    Never get any funny looks from the door greeters and are always friendly.

Only attention I got was a little kid with his mom that looked at my gun and smiled.

I have no fear of OC for the simple fact that most people understand
    the concept that having a hip holster exposed generally means I have nothing to hide.

Hope to see you there sometime. I live right down the street from that Walmart, and OC there often.

Today, Starbucks an dSam's club. Then went on a walk to Starbucks again this evening.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Visited my friendly neighborhood Lowe's hardware, Salvation Army, and Bandito's in Fort Wayne (Lima Road and Dupont Road locations). No one noticed my Taurus 24/7.

Had one of those for awhile; great guns. Only sold it because I had something I wanted even more singing its siren song at me from the wall behind the counter....

I OC'd to my local shop to drop off some clips; and yes, I mean clips, not magazines. Little metal ones to attach to holsters so they'll stay on your belt. The shop needed a couple, and I make holsters for them, so they gave me a call.

One of the few times a month I walk out of the gun shop with more money than when I walked in....its a rare thing, but very nice for my wallet.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    City Market yesterday. Saw a couple of guys walking out with brown-leather holsters OC'ing. I wanted to catch up to them and see if they were civilian or not... but I didn't. There were a lot of officers there, as usual... so it's possible they were plain-clothes cops... seeing as there is a police building right across the street.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I usually always stop in at CVS, either on lunch or after work. I'm a regular there, and most the cashiers know me. Every time I go in, I'm usually OC'ing a G17. Most don't notice it, or don't say anything about it.

Yesterday, however, was a different story. I walk in and head back to the fridges for a cool, refreshing iced tea. There was a manager there that day I had never seen before. He spotted me just as I grabbed my selection and the conversation went as follows;

Him: "Sir are you carrying a gun on your hip for a job?"

Me: "No, I'm just an average-joe with the right to carry."

Him: "Well, at CVS we have a no gun policy."

Me: "I didn't see any signs posted."

Him: "We don't have any posted, it's not required."

Me: "That's fine, if you're refusing me service, I will respectfully leave. I'm in here almost everyday, all your employees know me."

Him: "I haven't seen you carrying a gun around before."

Me: "No offense sir, but I haven't seen you at all before."

Him: "Next time, please try and cover it up. Carrying a handgun like that only makes those around you afraid."

Me: "You're entitled to your opinion sir. I don't wish to argue, if you're asking me to leave, I will gladly do so.

Him: "No no, that's ok, but next time please cover it up."

Me: "Not a problem sir."

Well it was an interesting discussion. I thought it funny that at first, he said the establishment had a no gun policy, but at the end of the discussion just asks me to "cover it up". Hmm...

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I usually always stop in at CVS, either on lunch or after work. I'm a regular there, and most the cashiers know me. Every time I go in, I'm usually OC'ing a G17. Most don't notice it, or don't say anything about it.

Yesterday, however, was a different story. I walk in and head back to the fridges for a cool, refreshing iced tea. There was a manager there that day I had never seen before. He spotted me just as I grabbed my selection and the conversation went as follows;

Me: "That's fine, if you're refusing me service, I will respectfully leave. I'm in here almost everyday, all your employees know me."

Him: "Next time, please try and cover it up. Carrying a handgun like that only makes those around you afraid."

Me: "You're entitled to your opinion sir. I don't wish to argue, if you're asking me to leave, I will gladly do so.

Well it was an interesting discussion. I thought it funny that at first, he said the establishment had a no gun policy, but at the end of the discussion just asks me to "cover it up". Hmm...

People like that expect their false-authority to pass on the first try. Once they see you aren't a typical sheep, they back down quickly because they have no backing.

Good for you for standing up to his silly lines. He's letting his personal emotions get in the way of managing a store.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

LOL

Really I think I would have asked for his bosses phone number. That is not their Corp Policy... :popcorn:

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    People like that expect their false-authority to pass on the first try. Once they see you aren't a typical sheep, they back down quickly because they have no backing.

Good for you for standing up to his silly lines. He's letting his personal emotions get in the way of managing a store.

You know, I feel like that's exactly what it was. He didn't like it, thought he was in a position to flex his authoritarian muscles, and got shot down. :cool:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Today, my barber shop, Aldi's, Picker's Paradise, Papa John's in Columbus.

I carried sparingly over the weekend, only because I was out taking the ABATE BRC and didn't want to take the chance that something might happen and I fall on it.

I did hit Wal-Mart, Jimmy John's, Sam's Club Gas, Yes! Cinema (hybrid), and Steak N' Shake on Sunday after the course.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom